Sometimes it's easy to forget your progress..

lovebonitalovebonita Posts: 134Registered Users
I haven't used any heat in my hair for almost 7 months now. I decided last June to give up the straight styles and focus on my curly hair and its health. I also wanted to get away from only feeling pretty with straight hair.

Sometimes, when I'm having what I consider a bad hair day, it's easy for me to forget how far my hair has come but responding to a post a little earlier reminds me of how much my hair has improved in the past 6 months.

This first photo is from about 2 years ago, but it's definitely a fair representation of what my hair looked like 6-7 months ago. You can definitely see the heat damage and the dryness. The next 3 are more current, from the last 3 months.

Comments

• hockeymomof3hockeymomof3 Posts: 2,159Registered Users
    You and your hair are gorgeous! I know what you mean -- I feel sometimes I only look pretty (or sexy haha) with sleek, straight hair. But I feel myself with my curly hair and that is what is important...anyway, just wanted to say your hair and you are gorgeous!! Did you cut it or has it just healed over time, etc.?
    3b/a
    Cowash - No Poo
    Conditioner - One Condition
    Gel - Light Defining Gel

Looking to try Devacurl Decadence line next! Can't wait to try it.
  • chupiechupie Posts: 5,280Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    It's a big difference. Though I gotta tell you I like it in the first pic too!
    2a medium porous, You can see my wavy tutorials here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLy8bclCLgER5N_uVYSYZNxhBHSXAW40OQ and my wavy blog is The Wavy Nation http://wavynation.wordpress.com
  • lovebonitalovebonita Posts: 134Registered Users
    You and your hair are gorgeous! I know what you mean -- I feel sometimes I only look pretty (or sexy haha) with sleek, straight hair. But I feel myself with my curly hair and that is what is important...anyway, just wanted to say your hair and you are gorgeous!! Did you cut it or has it just healed over time, etc.?

Thanks!

I had to cut 6 inches off in August of 2012 and it took me another year to see that I was seriously damaging my hair by dying it and straightening it. I was on my way to having to cut another 6 inches. I've gradually been chopping split ends and damage as I see it. I don't think you can ever heal hair because it's already dead. I think you just have to cut the damage off and start fresh.
  • hockeymomof3hockeymomof3 Posts: 2,159Registered Users
    Good points!! I am slowly but surely doing small trims to get rid of any past damage. Thanks for sharing your pics!
    3b/a
    Cowash - No Poo
    Conditioner - One Condition
    Gel - Light Defining Gel

Looking to try Devacurl Decadence line next! Can't wait to try it.
  • DaniGirl88DaniGirl88 Posts: 1,583Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I can see the progress you've made, but I think you look lovely in all of the pics!

I can tell the difference in how my hair feels especially, and not it doesn't look so weighed down. I used to think my hair was beautiful, but now I look back at the picture and realize that my curls were so far from what they could be.

Thanks for posting this thread, you definitely made me rethink how far I've come!

The first picture is my hair back in high school and the second is now. =)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

3B, fine, normal porosity, high density, medium width and length
    Conditioner: Tresemme Naturals, Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle
    Co-Wash: As I Am Coconut Co-Wash
    Leave in Products: As I Am Leave-In, SM Smoothie/Milk, KCKT, Giovanni Direct Leave-In
    Air Dry

Looking for new products and methods to try!

• testimony777testimony777 Posts: 237Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Lovebonita you have beautiful hair! I can see the progress you have made for sure but I have to agree with the other posters who have said that your hair in the first pic looks lovely as well.

DaniGirl88 you also have a lovely head of curls!
    Hair Stats (CG since 3/31/12)
    Type: 3c/b; Density: M; Texture: F-M; Porosity: L-N

Products
    Cleanser: DevaCurl Decadence No Poo
    Conditioner: DevaCurl Original One Condition
    Leave-in: DevaCurl B'Leave-in
    Stylers: DevaCurl Volumizing Frizz Free Foam, DevaCurl Beautiful Mess, DevaCurl Flexible Hold Hairspray
    Refresher: DevaCurl No Comb Detangling Spray
    Finisher: DevaCurl Shine Spray
  • DaniGirl88DaniGirl88 Posts: 1,583Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Thank you! =)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

3B, fine, normal porosity, high density, medium width and length
    Conditioner: Tresemme Naturals, Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle
    Co-Wash: As I Am Coconut Co-Wash
    Leave in Products: As I Am Leave-In, SM Smoothie/Milk, KCKT, Giovanni Direct Leave-In
    Air Dry

Looking for new products and methods to try!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file