Fuzzy in the back, awesome in the front?!!

makewavesmakewaves Registered Users Posts: 2
So I'm new to trying the CG method. My whole life I had pin straight hair until I dyed it when I was about 13 years old. My hair is between a 2c and 3a with medium to high porosity and very high density now. It is long, past my scapula and cut into long layers. Currently, I shampoo with Shea Moisture Restorative Shampoo & Conditioner, apply the conditioner as a leave in and put it up in my 100% turbie twist towel and leave it up while I do my makeup and get dressed. Next I undo the turbie twist and apply my AG Hair Cosmetics Re:Coil Curl Activator and apply my AG Mousse gel and let air dry (never could get the hang of a diffuser). The front curls are nice and put together even though some curls I wouldn't really call curls… they are more like straightish waves with a bit of curl at the root (weird, huh?) but the back is a giant fuzz ball of curls! Ugh, so frustrating no matter how much product I apply it won't tame the frizz!! Please help!!

Am I doing something wrong?! I don't touch while it dries…

The back looks like Taylor Swifts hair in the music video "Tim Mcgraw"...

Comments

• Firefox7275Firefox7275 Registered Users Posts: 3,750 Curl Neophyte
    Could be build up, have you clarified and chelated recently?

Also try applying your products to wet hair then removing the excess water with the towel turban.
    2a-2c, medium texture, porous/ colour treated. Three years CG. Past bra strap length heading for waist.

CO-wash: Inecto coconut/ Elvive Volume Collagen
    Treatments: Komaza Care Matani, coconut/ sweet almond/ fractionated coconut oils, Hairveda Sitrinillah
    Leave in: Fructis Sleek & Shine (old), Gliss Ultimate Volume, various Elvive
    Styler: Umberto Giannini jelly, Au Naturale styling gelee
    Flour sack towel, pixie diffuse or air dry.
    Experimenting with: benign neglect
  • lovethewayyouculovethewayyoucu Registered Users Posts: 1
    Could be build up, have you clarified and chelated recently?

Also try applying your products to wet hair then removing the excess water with the towel turban.

I clarified today for the first time with Suave Daily Clarifying... how soon should I see results?
  • makewavesmakewaves Registered Users Posts: 2
    Sorry friend's username was signed into phone when I replied.
  • BotticelliBritBotticelliBrit Registered Users Posts: 2,075 Curl Neophyte
    When you say you use the conditioner as a leave-in, do you mean you baptism rinse or that you just apply it and leave it in without washing anything out at all? Could be all that conditioner is just weighing down your curls and not allowing them to form properly? You might want to try washing out some of the conditioner and leaving some in (AKA a baptism rinse).

The thing you do with the turbie twist towel, is that basically like plopping? Some people, myself included, don't get on well with that and it can cause frizz.

Also I see you say you apply your product after you've done your makeup etc. and if your hair has been in a towel that whole time, it's probably dried quite a bit. The best time to apply product for most curlies is when hair is soaking wet, so applying it when hair is dampish can cause frizz and lack of definition.

Aaand I'm wondering how you apply your product? I have great luck with raking it in and then flipping my hair upside down, scrunching, then flipping it to each side and scrunching. This encourages curl formation and clumping :)
    3B. Med porosity. Med thickness. Med density.

LP: Shea Moisture (currently JBCO)
    Conditioner/CW: Jason Aloe Vera

LI: Aunt Jackie's Curls & Coils Quench
    Refreshing: TRESemmé Naturals Aloe Vera & Avocado
    Gel: DevaCurl Ultra Defining Gel
    DC:
    Aunt Jackie's Soft & Sassy Super Duper Softening Conditioner
    Treatments: Coconut oil/Coconut milk

UK curly. CG since Oct 2013.
    Growing my hair to WL when dry :thumright:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list