Dimethicone

MoosemarcyMoosemarcy Registered Users Posts: 157
Let me get this straight. If a product has dimethicone in it, it is not water soluble. Right? Only if it has the peg in front of it. I found a sulfate-free shampoo with Dimethicone in it. It is Brocato Cloud 9 Miracle Repair Shampoo. The girl at Trade Secret recommended it to me. Now I don't know if I should use it because of the cone. If not I will take this back. :x

Comments

  • KaterinaKaterina Registered Users Posts: 117
    Moosemarcy wrote:
    Let me get this straight. If a product has dimethicone in it, it is not water soluble. Right? Only if it has the peg in front of it. I found a sulfate-free shampoo with Dimethicone in it. It is Brocato Cloud 9 Miracle Repair Shampoo. The girl at Trade Secret recommended it to me. Now I don't know if I should use it because of the cone. If not I will take this back. :x

    I think with most women who do the CG routine, it is necessary to eliminate ALL cones. Siloxanes are "hidden" cones because they go by the name -siloxane, rather than ending in 'cone'. I can't do a water-soluble routine with any silicones or sulfates. I learned that at the very start of my routine.
    fine, wavy hair with lazy waves. Sometimes lanky spiral curls underneath when the weath is very humid. My waves are capricious like me! Presently using Burt's Bees condish, FOTE AVG with honey or Mop Top gel.
  • CurlyQTPieCurlyQTPie Registered Users Posts: 447
    I believe that there is dimethicone in the Deva products, however further down on the ingridents list. Some forms of dimethicone are water-soluable while others are not. I think that there are some things that you can use to help remove any build-up that you may get from the dimethicone.
    3B with some 3a. Fell off but am now back on the CG bandwagon and looking for my HG products.
  • medusahairmedusahair Registered Users Posts: 3,515
    DevaCurl has the A cone in it, you're right it's far down the list.
    Coco betaine will remove both the d cone and A cone without sulfates that I know of
    2c/3a?
    Low porosity, medium texture.
    http://public.fotki.com/Medusahair/

    If it smells good put it in your hair, if it tastes good spit it out!
  • KaiaKaia Registered Users Posts: 8,815 Curl Connoisseur
    I've found dimethicone to build up faster than amodimethicone (the cone in Deva products). I shampoo with a gentle shampoo a couple of times a week, and I still don't use anything with dimethicone unless it's very low on the ingredient list.

    In response to the OP, I would take that shampoo back. I never got the point of shampoos with cones. You're cleaning your hair and putting build up on it at the same time. :roll:
    *Poster formerly known as Bailey422*

    Here's all you have to know about men and women: women are crazy, men are stupid. And the main reason women are crazy is that men are stupid. ~ George Carlin
  • MoosemarcyMoosemarcy Registered Users Posts: 157
    I did take the shampoo back. The manager there was trying to sell me a non-sulfate shampoo, I think it was called something Caviar. I looked at the price and said I am not going to pay $24.00 for one bottle of shampoo. That is crazy that they put cones in shampoo's. :?
  • KaiaKaia Registered Users Posts: 8,815 Curl Connoisseur
    Moosemarcy wrote:
    I looked at the price and said I am not going to pay $24.00 for one bottle of shampoo.

    :shock: Wow! Even I won't spend that much, and I have a very advanced case of PJ'ism.
    *Poster formerly known as Bailey422*

    Here's all you have to know about men and women: women are crazy, men are stupid. And the main reason women are crazy is that men are stupid. ~ George Carlin
  • [Anonymous User][Anonymous User] Posts: 0 Curl Connoisseur
    What about gels that have this in it??? I had snatched a clear gel (TRESemme') down on the list not even thinking (I am new at this whole thing!) but did see it has that PVP stuff and no alcohol..so I thought I was golden!
  • JuicyTubeJuicyTube Registered Users Posts: 2,369
    carrie640 wrote:
    What about gels that have this in it??? I had snatched a clear gel (TRESemme') down on the list not even thinking (I am new at this whole thing!) but did see it has that PVP stuff and no alcohol..so I thought I was golden!
    If it has "PEG/PPG" and a number before the cone, then it is CG friendly. Example: PEG-12 Dimethicone
    3b-3c CG

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file