Odd shrinkage behaviour

My hair's at its weird stunts again. It's now drying at several weird lengths. The right side looks more condensed with curls and dries closer to my head than the left side. No matter how I style it the left side is always higher than the right yet both sides look like the same type of curls. Also the hair directly in the middle of my head has a problem staying upright unless I separate the clumps into several smaller clumps. Even then they look ready to fall under their own weight and keep trying to reunite into the original clump. This has now become the most tangled looking part of my hair when dry and I have to spend a lot more time on it and add more gel. The hair by my nape is mostly uniformed except for the middle which is very soft and dries into looser curls than the rest. The hair in the very middle of my forehead looked cloudy up until recently and didn't really respond to product. It also shrunk the most before. This week I washed my hair and all of a sudden it decides to curl into this weird loose looking curl that looks completely different from anywhere else on my head. Worse yet it's refusing to join any other curls and keeps separating itself so that I actually have a part there. Apparently it's an "individual". I'm a bit lost here anyone has any explanation?
Curl type: 3C/4A
Strand thickness: Fine-Medium-Thick
Porosity: low to medium to high (depends on where on my head)
Density: medium - high
Co-wash :Tresemme's Naturals Conditioner
Moisturizer: Aunt Jackie's Girls Baby Girl Curls: Curling & Twisting Custard
DC: Profectiv Mega Growth Anti-Breaking Strengthing DC
PT: Hair Mayonaise/Coconut Oil
Sealant: Jamican Black Castor oil
Gel: Uncle Funky's Daughter Curly Magic

Comments

• Morgan_AdcockMorgan_Adcock Posts: 2,573Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    This is why I get Deva cuts. When cut dry, with the curl, and curl by curl, a skilled stylist who follows Lorraine Massey's system can make all the crazy, weird stuff my hair does look like it all belongs on the same head.
    Peace,
    Morgan

Baby Fine 3B, low porosity, normal density and elasticity
    CGing since July 2008
  • BotticelliBritBotticelliBrit Posts: 2,075Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Maybe you could try diffusing for a more uniform length? Diffusing one side longer than the other so it springs up more? Or plopping so it's all equally squashed?

The random loose curl, have you tried twirling it around your finger and then scrunching, so it forms a tighter ringlet-type curl?

Also maybe try clarifying to start over. Could be build-up throwing your hair into a tizzy lol
    3B. Med porosity. Med thickness. Med density.

LP: Shea Moisture (currently JBCO)
    Conditioner/CW: Jason Aloe Vera

LI: Aunt Jackie's Curls & Coils Quench
    Refreshing: TRESemmé Naturals Aloe Vera & Avocado
    Gel: DevaCurl Ultra Defining Gel
    DC:
    Aunt Jackie's Soft & Sassy Super Duper Softening Conditioner
    Treatments: Coconut oil/Coconut milk

UK curly. CG since Oct 2013.
    Growing my hair to WL when dry :thumright:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list