Silicone Hell

I went through a straightening phase a while ago and bought some serum drops - in my product cull yesterday I came across them and tried to tip it out.

Didn't go well! Then I ended up with it all over my hands and fingers. Soap didn't take the greasy off, grease cutting dish washing liquid didn't lift it. I ended up scrubbing with a palmful of clarifying shampoo.
Then there was residue in the basin to deal with!

Here are the ingredients!

Cyclopentasiloxane, dimethiconol, parfum (fragrence), phenyl trimethicone, amodimethicone, alpha-isomethyl ionone, benzyl alcohol, benzl salicylate butylphenyl methylpropional, citral, citronellol, coumarin, geranoil, hexyl xinnamal, hydroxyxitronellal, limonene, linalool.
Fine 3B/C curls.
Currently growing out damage caused by straightening and coloring.

Comments

• StarmieStarmie Posts: 7,169Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    I still use silicone drops when I straighten my hair, never noticed a problem like that. Mind you, when I stopped using Frizz Ease I noticed way, way less scummy stuff in the shower.
    3b in South Australia.
  • HtBlackHtBlack Posts: 292Registered Users
    XD I find it funny how parfum is so high up on the list. It's all about the smell.

But I don't know why that is so hard to get off. Maybe one of all those silicones is the one making removal harder; I used serum drops too and never had an issue like that.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk
    A 2C, wishfully thinking of being 3a. Sometimes I get there. CG since October 2013, Eurocurly (just for a few months more!), completely low-porosity now. SBL, wanting elbow length.

--
    Routine:
    CW-LI: Garnier Ultra Doux (Cocoa+Coconut Oil/Mango+Tiaré) or my own products.
    DC: Biofficina Toscana Maschera Nutriente Protettiva, or my own product.
    Homemade FSG, L'Oreal Styling Gel.
  • GlamourCurlsGlamourCurls Posts: 194Registered Users
    I know that usually fragrance is one of the last ingredients - but I've noticed on a few products lately it's way up the list
    Fine 3B/C curls.
    Currently growing out damage caused by straightening and coloring.
  • mustangbunnymustangbunny Posts: 1,033Registered Users
    Just burn them all in a bonfire and cackle maniacally the whole time.

(Just kidding, that would smell terrible and probably isn't safe)

Low-poo: Looking for a new one.
    Condish: V05 Tea Therapy, Body Shop Banana
    Leave in: Giovanni Direct Leave In
    PT: My hair needs very little. I use Suave Naturals Coconut when I need a little bit and follow up with a moisturizing conditioner.
    Styler: Giovanni LA

Go Red Wings!
    :hockey:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file