Supportive family

the1withthehairthe1withthehair Posts: 83Registered Users
I'd like to put my family on the hall of fame for being supportive of my hair. In fact according to my sister I'm not allowed to cut it until WE reach hip length. Anyone else with super supportive people in their lives?

Comments

• DaniGirl88DaniGirl88 Posts: 1,583Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Now that my younger sister is a teenager (she just started high school), she is starting to embrace her curls. We're on a curly journey together! We message tips and tricks and photos to each other. It's been fun and informative for me (she's got 3C/4A hair). I love being able to go to her for support. =)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

3B, fine, normal porosity, high density, medium width and length
    Conditioner: Tresemme Naturals, Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle
    Co-Wash: As I Am Coconut Co-Wash
    Leave in Products: As I Am Leave-In, SM Smoothie/Milk, KCKT, Giovanni Direct Leave-In
    Air Dry

Looking for new products and methods to try!

• the1withthehairthe1withthehair Posts: 83Registered Users
    Lol it's taken me forever to try to get her to go natural. She thinks because she looks darker than me she has a different curl pattern but she took the quiz and we got the same curl pattern so now I think she's willing to try now. Currently her hair is above shoulder length and when I reach hip length when straight she said she'll dye it. Thank god!!!
    Lol it's taken me forever to try to get her to go natural. She thinks because she looks darker than me she has a different curl pattern but she took the quiz and we got the same curl pattern so now I think she's willing to try now. Currently her hair is above shoulder length and when I reach hip length when straight she said she'll dye it. Thank god!!!

Lol! I'm glad she's willing to try! My sister went natural one day by herself. I was SHOCKED. She always wore her hair straight and was so proud of it. Then one day, she decided it was damaged and couldn't take it anymore and cut it herself! Now, she's all about her curls. I love it!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Leave in Products: As I Am Leave-In, SM Smoothie/Milk, KCKT, Giovanni Direct Leave-In
    Air Dry

• HtBlackHtBlack Posts: 292Registered Users
    @danigirl88 I did the same as your sister. One day I just got tired of all the damage and how my hair never seemed to grow because of it breaking so much because of the straightening and from then I never had it straight again. That's how badly I want long hair. XD

Also my husband and parents are super understanding and don't judge me too much for all the products I have in the bathroom piling up. ;)

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk
    A 2C, wishfully thinking of being 3a. Sometimes I get there. CG since October 2013, Eurocurly (just for a few months more!), completely low-porosity now. SBL, wanting elbow length.

--
    Routine:
    CW-LI: Garnier Ultra Doux (Cocoa+Coconut Oil/Mango+Tiaré) or my own products.
    DC: Biofficina Toscana Maschera Nutriente Protettiva, or my own product.
    Homemade FSG, L'Oreal Styling Gel.
    That's great. I love hearing how people decided to go natural because I have a boring reason... In fact I think I'll start a new thread.
  • BotticelliBritBotticelliBrit Posts: 2,075Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I'd like to put my family on the hall of fame for being supportive of my hair. In fact according to my sister I'm not allowed to cut it until WE reach hip length. Anyone else with super supportive people in their lives?

Yep! My family really love what I'm doing with my hair now. In fact, before I went natural they were always saying 'why do you straighten your hair? You should have it curly! Your natural hair is so pretty' etc.

And they're all really interested now in the products I use and my techniques. I think they find it fascinating. My mum and aunt in particular are just as excited as I am about my curl journey lol :)
    3B. Med porosity. Med thickness. Med density.

LP: Shea Moisture (currently JBCO)
    Conditioner/CW: Jason Aloe Vera

LI: Aunt Jackie's Curls & Coils Quench
    Refreshing: TRESemmé Naturals Aloe Vera & Avocado
    Gel: DevaCurl Ultra Defining Gel
    DC:
    Aunt Jackie's Soft & Sassy Super Duper Softening Conditioner
    Treatments: Coconut oil/Coconut milk

UK curly. CG since Oct 2013.
    Growing my hair to WL when dry :thumright:
    HtBlack wrote: »
    @danigirl88 I did the same as your sister. One day I just got tired of all the damage and how my hair never seemed to grow because of it breaking so much because of the straightening and from then I never had it straight again. That's how badly I want long hair. XD

Also my husband and parents are super understanding and don't judge me too much for all the products I have in the bathroom piling up. ;)

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk

Glad to hear you have a supportive family! :)

Sent from my SPH-L710 using CurlTalk App
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Air Dry

• GoldWavesGoldWaves Posts: 50Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    My mum absolutely loves my hair, in fact she's encouraging about it if I'm despairing about it being in a mess.
  • jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Posts: 20,727Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Virtuoso
    Yay for supportive families! I don't have one of those, unfortunately, but that's ok. I have the curlies here and the random strangers who compliment my hair very often. I love my natural hair.
    --I'm located in Western PA.   --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.   --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.   --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.   
    --My CG and grey hair progress -  
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html   
    --My article at NaturallyCurly about going grey - 
    https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/color/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it
    Yay for supportive families! I don't have one of those, unfortunately, but that's ok. I have the curlies here and the random strangers who compliment my hair very often. I love my natural hair.

Aww...you definitely have us! =)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Air Dry

• mustangbunnymustangbunny Posts: 1,033Registered Users

Yeah same here. Family hates my hair but strangers are so kind. A supportive family is definitely a WIN.

Low-poo: Looking for a new one.
    Condish: V05 Tea Therapy, Body Shop Banana
    Leave in: Giovanni Direct Leave In
    PT: My hair needs very little. I use Suave Naturals Coconut when I need a little bit and follow up with a moisturizing conditioner.
    Styler: Giovanni LA

Go Red Wings!
    :hockey:

I've always thought it was weird for a family to hate another family members hair... Like if we're family isn't our hair somewhat the same?!
  • mustangbunnymustangbunny Posts: 1,033Registered Users
    My family is full of curlies in denial. They all straighten. They've been straightening so long I bet their hair barely has any curl left at all. No one says they hate it outright it's just a comment here or there that, to me, is transparent. Oh well. I love my hair so I don't care. And I have my curly sisters here!

Low-poo: Looking for a new one.
    Condish: V05 Tea Therapy, Body Shop Banana
    Leave in: Giovanni Direct Leave In
    PT: My hair needs very little. I use Suave Naturals Coconut when I need a little bit and follow up with a moisturizing conditioner.
    Styler: Giovanni LA

Go Red Wings!
    :hockey:

Amen!!
  • NymeriaNymeria Posts: 11Registered Users
    I haven't seen my family since going natural so I don't even know what they'd think. But my husband LOVES it and boy, does that feel good. He likes to squeeze a couple very prominent clumps. :icon_smile: That's not a euphemism.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file