Sleeping cap/ long hair

My hair is bra strap length now and I'm having issues with sleeping with my hair. I used to pineapple but my hair is too long. The sleep cap is too small. I began using a claw clip and doing a pineapple that way. It's worked very well but I noticed my front will get wonky. I'm thinking about getting one of the long sleep caps and letting my hair down inside of it. I usually sleep with damp hair. Anyone do this? I don't want to invest in a new sleep cap is my curls will get smooshed.
3A 3B mix
Colored treated
Combo Low and High porosity
Medium coarse texture

Goosefootprints hair analysis
Co-wash- As I Am Co-wash
RO-GVPCB[/COLOR
LI- As I Am leave in,
[/COLOR][/COLOR]
Style- la looks sport gel

Comments

• AKgirlAKgirl Posts: 341Registered Users
    I have long hair too and a sleeping cap smooshes my waves. I pineapple, but instead of pulling it all the way through the last time I only pull it partially, making a loop, with my ends at the top of my head. I also make sure my pony tail holder is relatively loose. This works wonderfully for me. I always thought its what a pineapple was! Lol then I saw a pic of someone and realized I'd never done it that way.
    2a-2bFii NP?

Low poo: Deva Low-Poo, Jessicurl GLS, Moroccanoil Volumizing Shampoo, Aveda Be Curly
    Condish: Cure Care, Redken Body Full, Deva One C, and Jessicurl Aloeba
    LI: Aveda Be Curly Style Prep <3
    Products: Deva FFVF & Jessicurl Spiralicious (LOVE), TRESemme Curl Boosting Mousse
    Hairspray: Aussie Sprunch, TRESemme Curl
    locking Spray
    Experimenting with lots of products in my cabinet...

My hair loves protein, plopping, and diffusing! Trying to find a way to style and air dry.
  • KauaiMareCurlKauaiMareCurl Posts: 317Registered Users
    I pineapple (only one loop) my between BSL & waist length hair and use a long silk sleep cap (prettyantoinette) to sleep. I also use a silk pillowcase. It smooshes my 2b/2c hair a bit, but I fluff it in the morning with various products to decent results.
  • SmilingElephantSmilingElephant Curl Neophyte Posts: 666Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Wow...reading this thread made me realize that my curly length IS kinda long! Lol!

I have to tuck my ends into my scarf. I tie a large satin scarf loosely around my neck with the triangle in the back...and then i lift the triangle up on my curls and the flap flaps over my head. I tuck my ends back into what now looks like a cone on my head. Sometimes i put my satin bonnet over the cone part.

I also sleep on a satin pillowcase.

Sent from my LG-LG730 using CurlTalk App
    2yrs 7 months post relaxer/2 years and 11 months natural

Cleanse: SM Moisture Retention or Suave Naturals shampoos
    Co-Wash: Suave Naturals, L'Oreal EverCreme or EverCurl
    RO/Detangler: Tresseme Naturals:nemo:, GVPCB
    Leave-In: SM Curl Enhancing Smoothie, TN, GVPCB
    Styler: EcoStyler, GF Pure Clean gel, KCCC

Just discovering my hair likes protein! :dontknow:

:wav:
  • greencup13greencup13 Posts: 596Registered Users
    Smiling I have tried the satin scarf but the knot was on my forehead (correct?) I fount it so uncomfortable. I then tried tying it to the side and couldn't get it to be comfortable.

So the pineapple loop thing. Kind of like a bun?
    3A 3B mix
    Colored treated
    Combo Low and High porosity
    Medium coarse texture

Goosefootprints hair analysis
    Co-wash- As I Am Co-wash
    RO-GVPCB[/COLOR
    LI- As I Am leave in,
    [/COLOR][/COLOR]
    Style- la looks sport gel
  • KauaiMareCurlKauaiMareCurl Posts: 317Registered Users
    My pineapple is a regular pony tail on the top of my head; I use a scrunchy and it's only hair with only one loop. Hope that makes sense

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file