Just finished reading the book twice! I need product help

She has a chapter dedicated to Black hair as well as a chapter for corkscrew. I'm both!! So, I think I need a Cond for co:wash and then do I need a 2nd conditoner for extra moisture? Do the same styling reccomendations e.g. sphinx apply?

I think I have the oil treatment thing down b/c it is something that I've always done.

I hear good things about Suave naturals but are they really moisturizing enough for AA hair?

I just feel a little lost now that my hair care world is being turned upside down! I have a gel that I intend to use. I'm going to go with an Herbal Essence
3c/b and ready to try no-poo. I'm getting married Feb 08 and want my curls to shine!

Comments

• CurlyQTPieCurlyQTPie Posts: 447Registered Users
    I think that the products stuff is a bit of trial and error for what will work. I'm AA with 3b very dry hair. I use VO5 Moisture Milks for my co-wash and then I may use a thicker conditioner, like DevaCare OneC for my rinse out or else I may just use VO5 MM.

I would experiment with the cheaper brands to find what works for your hair type.

With my conditioning, I have been adding a few drops of jojoba oil to it, since my hair is so dry. I also put the oil on my hair at night before bed to help with dryness.
    3B with some 3a. Fell off but am now back on the CG bandwagon and looking for my HG products.
  • HalfWavyHalfCurlyHalfWavyHalfCurly Posts: 907Registered Users
    If you want to get wider input about products for your hair type visit the 3C and 4a forums also. :)
    2A/3A, medium length, layered, colored dark/medium ash blonde - "CGer" since April '02.

"Converting the 'curlskeptics' one curly head at a time..." HWHC ;-)
  • prettychix80prettychix80 Posts: 2Registered Users
    If you want to get wider input about products for your hair type visit the 3C and 4a forums also. :)

THanks! I didn't realize that there was a board specifically for 3c. I'll do that.
    3c/b and ready to try no-poo. I'm getting married Feb 08 and want my curls to shine!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file