Max Factor Colour Adapt Foundation

MipMip Registered Users Posts: 233
I think that's what it's called. Has anyone tried it? I was thinking of getting it. I've asked for a free sachet from their website, but wasn't able to choose a colour, so no doubt they will send me one too dark!

Comments

• ChelleChelle Registered Users Posts: 131
    Never tried it but I'm dying to :D I am actually planning to pick some up tomorrow. I'd like to know more about Max Factor cosmetics in general, I've never really used them, always stuck pretty close to L'oreal but I'm curious.

I read over on makeupalley that their colors tend to run light, the small color selection worries me. I wear a W2/3 in L'oreal's new foundation line so I am wondering which shade to go with.

This is just too cool.....I never knew their was a makeup forum on nc.com :D Makeup is another one of my favorite things!

Chelle

p.s. I'll be sure to report back when I try it.
    2a?, using MOP C system hydrating poo, Elucence conditioner, B&A Biomineral gel......off and on results....rely most on my curling iron for help
    Binky, or anyone, did you ever try this? I went to buy some but ended up buying some Revlon colorstay natural.....which I didn't really like. I am so tired of my face having sort of a dead look. I have dry skin and I want something that will give me medium coverage without covering up my glow.

Chelle
    2a?, using MOP C system hydrating poo, Elucence conditioner, B&A Biomineral gel......off and on results....rely most on my curling iron for help
  • MipMip Registered Users Posts: 233
    No, I haven't bought it yet, mainly because I'm broke and am not sure what colour to get, or how well it will work. I am still very interested in it though, as my usual foundation can make me look pale, even though it is the right colour. The sachet they sent me was way too dark, so I didn't even bother trying it. When I do finally get it, I'll write a review on here. =)
  • rouquinnerouquinne Registered Users Posts: 13,737 Curl Connoisseur
    i haven't seen it in Canada, yet, so i can't be of any help, sorry!

i have been impressed with the L'Oreal True Match, however.
    My blog:

http://labellatestarossa.blogspot.ca/

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
  • meowmixmeowmix Registered Users Posts: 48
    I ordered a sample ages ago and never got it.
    If I remember correctly, you can test the different shades at the maxfactor counter in boots. It'll save you the trouble of buying it and not liking it, especially since it's quite expensive (to me at least)
    How strange! I got my sample today. They sent "Natural". It looked a bit dark but I put it on and it seems to match perfectly. It's a really strange feeling foundation though - can't describe it ...
    Lalala-Do let us know if you like it......I tried ordering a sample but for some reason the form wouldn't let me send my sample to the US :? so I gave up.

I'm using Mary Kay right now and waiting for a trial pack of BareEscentuals to come in the mail so I'm definately looking for something better than what I"m currently using.

Chelle
  • rouquinnerouquinne Registered Users Posts: 13,737 Curl Connoisseur
    i was at the store this afternoon, and was a bit shocked at the limited range of shades in the Max Factor. i don't know that i *really* believe that the colours can adapt well enough for the spectrum of human skin tones!

:shock:

what about the Cover Girl True Blend or L'Oreal True Match? i saw sample packs of the Cover Girl at the drugstore for $1.00 Cdn per pack and the L'Oreal has testers!
    My blog:

http://labellatestarossa.blogspot.ca/

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
    I liked it! I used it today. It was thicker than foundations I normally wear but it went on easily, and matched my skintone really well.
    What rou said is true though - there are only 8 shades! Seems a bit crazy to me.
  • MipMip Registered Users Posts: 233
    It's more shades than Boots' intelligent foundation! That comes in three shades - light, medium and dark, and it's not enough. I tried the light shade and it was too dark.

I will have to get sachets for the Max Factor one. I'm really interested in it.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file