Ingredient Help Please!

So Redkens curvaceous line says that the shampoo has a low lather, but the co has a cone - is the poo ingredients enough to wash out the silicone in the condish - or any other hair product with cones?

Poo:
Aqua (Water), Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Sodium Chloride, Parfum ( Fragrance), Decyl Glucoside, Cetrimonium Chloride, Triethanolamine, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Polyquaternium-10, Hydrogenated Coconut Acid, Sorbitol, Benzoic Acid, Sodium Isethionate, Moringa Oleifera (Seed Oil), Hexyl Cinnamal, Linalool, Limonene, Arginine, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein PG-Propyl Silanetriol.

Condish:
Water (aqua.EAU)paraffinum, liquidum mineral oil, cetearyl, alcohol, glycerin, cetylester, amondimethicone, behentrimonium, chloride, parfum, fragrance, sobritol, methylparabenm isopropyl arginne, hydrolyzed soy, protein, ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate, coumarin, benzyl, alcohol
Fine 3B/C curls.
Currently growing out damage caused by straightening and coloring.

Comments

• Firefox7275Firefox7275 Posts: 3,750Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Amodimethicone resists building up, see the 'curl chemist' articles by Tonya McKay here on NC on different silicones (there are about seven articles!).

Other ingredients with the potential to build up include cetyl esters (a wax) and polyquat 10 (major problem for some with low porosity).

You don't have to use the shampoo with the matching conditioner. That conditioner doesn't wow me TBH being laden with mineral oil.
    2a-2c, medium texture, porous/ colour treated. Three years CG. Past bra strap length heading for waist.

CO-wash: Inecto coconut/ Elvive Volume Collagen
    Treatments: Komaza Care Matani, coconut/ sweet almond/ fractionated coconut oils, Hairveda Sitrinillah
    Leave in: Fructis Sleek & Shine (old), Gliss Ultimate Volume, various Elvive
    Styler: Umberto Giannini jelly, Au Naturale styling gelee
    Flour sack towel, pixie diffuse or air dry.
    Experimenting with: benign neglect
  • wavydazewavydaze Posts: 2,065Registered Users Curl Novice
    I don't think that the shampoo can remove cones, but you may be okay if you're only using amodimethicone.

It does have sodium chloride, a salt, which you may find drying. Polyquats are something to keep in mind, they may or may not bother you.

I agree with Firefox, I'm not impressed with the ingredients in that conditioner. If you have fine hair I'd suggest getting something with protein higher on the list. Also more fatty alcohols/cationic surfactants. Some people have problems with mineral oil and cetyl esters as well.
    2bc/ f / ii. low porosity roots + normal-high porosity shaft where bleached. normal elasticity.

Currently using:
    Poo: Earthbath Oatmeal & Aloe
    RO: V05 Kiwi Lime
    LI: CJ Smoothing Lotion
    Styler: UFD CM, CJ PP
    PT: CJ Repair Me

:thumright: hydrolized protein, jelly stylers
    :angry8: guar hydroxypropyltrimonium chloride, sulfates, jojoba oil
    Neutral on cones.

iherb discount code: CFN646
  • Firefox7275Firefox7275 Posts: 3,750Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    To add to what I ready said, lather does not necessarily denote cleansing power. So there is a list of ingredients in an article by Tonya McKay on the main NC site organised by category. Do find and bookmark it.

In general the most cleansing surfactants are the anionics (especially sulphates and olefin sulfonates) and the betaines (in the zwitterionjc/ amphoteric family).
    2a-2c, medium texture, porous/ colour treated. Three years CG. Past bra strap length heading for waist.

CO-wash: Inecto coconut/ Elvive Volume Collagen
    Treatments: Komaza Care Matani, coconut/ sweet almond/ fractionated coconut oils, Hairveda Sitrinillah
    Leave in: Fructis Sleek & Shine (old), Gliss Ultimate Volume, various Elvive
    Styler: Umberto Giannini jelly, Au Naturale styling gelee
    Flour sack towel, pixie diffuse or air dry.
    Experimenting with: benign neglect
  • GlamourCurlsGlamourCurls Posts: 194Registered Users
    Thanks so much for your responses - I am going to go find those articles and print them and bookmark them!

When I started just lurking years ago, cones were the big evil. Now I have to worry about polyquats too!

I'm not wanting to go CG again, but I'd like to make sure I'm doing the best for my hair!
    Fine 3B/C curls.
    Currently growing out damage caused by straightening and coloring.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file