finally found my perfect dark brown!

sweetpeacurlisweetpeacurli Posts: 343Registered Users
I've been loving revlon colorsilk - super easy to use, non-drying, cheap, etc. - but the dark brown is a touch too dark and the medium ash brown is way too light. So I mixed the two! And it's perfect! I'm so excited! It's just the tiniest bit lighter than my natural color, but no brassiness and my greys are completely covered. Whee! Success! FINALLY!
Sulfate and Silicone-free since 2005
CO-wash convert since October 2010
Photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/
Twitter: @sweetpeacurli

Currently loving:
  • Vo5 tea therapy conditioners
  • Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose conditioner
  • Giovanni Direct leave-in
  • Biosilk Rock Hard Gelee
I am now completely out of the closet as the craziest of crazy cat ladies. I own it. I embrace it. I am one with the crazy.

Comments

• hockeymomof3hockeymomof3 Posts: 2,159Registered Users
    pics? I am looking for a nice brown to do some lowlights...:)
    3b/a
    Cowash - No Poo
    Conditioner - One Condition
    Gel - Light Defining Gel

Looking to try Devacurl Decadence line next! Can't wait to try it.
  • TLC1994TLC1994 Posts: 19Registered Users
    I've been loving revlon colorsilk - super easy to use, non-drying, cheap, etc. - but the dark brown is a touch too dark and the medium ash brown is way too light. So I mixed the two! And it's perfect! I'm so excited! It's just the tiniest bit lighter than my natural color, but no brassiness and my greys are completely covered. Whee! Success! FINALLY!

I know it's been a while since you posted - but do you still like the Colorsilk? Also - what was your formula for mixing the two colors?

How is the condition of your hair after using it? I'm currently trying to fix my dried out hair from at-home color, but I need to fix the color as well. I'd just like to find something that won't hurt it any further.

Any other advice??

Thanks so much!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file