Moderators: Please control spam

MirCurlsMirCurls Posts: 2,660Registered Users Curl Neophyte
I've visited Curltalk for 4 years. I've never seen spam at this level of awfulness. Can something be done?

Is there a way to authorize maybe several of the regular curltalkers to delete spam posts, so we have more coverage? Or can you add some security feature to posts (a captcha?)
3a3b
Natural since 11/25/09
Then: fine, superdry, non-elastic, porous
Now: medium, dry, elastic, lower porosity, BSL

Curl Junkie Conditions!
Eden BW Cleansing Condish Rocks!

~CJ Protein Tx
; BEE-U-Ti-Ful Deep Condish
~SMasters Method; Pixie-curling
Dumped clumps for VOLUME!

Marchioness Mir, Magister of Moisturization & Mystic of the Lofty Crown in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

Comments

• Geek_ChicGeek_Chic Posts: 1,275Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    There's supposed to be a forum software update coming sometime that should control the spam, but I haven't heard anything about an eta for it.
    CG since 11/2011
    2c /3a F /Mii, low porosity

Go To Products /Routine:
    Clarifying: Suave Essentials Strawberry
    Low Poo: Renpure Luxurious Argan Oil
    CO: Suave Essentials Strawberry, V05 Kiwi Lime
    RO /LI: Tresemme Perfectly (un)Done, Cure Care, V05 Kiwi Lime Squeeze, Suave Essentials Strawberry, Renpure Brazilian Keratin (old formula)
    Stylers: LALSG, AIF, HETT, Suave Professionals Firm Control
    PT: IAGirl's as needed
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,059 Administrator
    We are doing the best we can. We have been told the update is supposed to happen in the next few weeks, but no solid eta. Please understand there is more to being a moderator than just removing spam.
  • Firefox7275Firefox7275 Posts: 3,750Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    You won't have any regulars posting in a few weeks.
    2a-2c, medium texture, porous/ colour treated. Three years CG. Past bra strap length heading for waist.

CO-wash: Inecto coconut/ Elvive Volume Collagen
    Treatments: Komaza Care Matani, coconut/ sweet almond/ fractionated coconut oils, Hairveda Sitrinillah
    Leave in: Fructis Sleek & Shine (old), Gliss Ultimate Volume, various Elvive
    Styler: Umberto Giannini jelly, Au Naturale styling gelee
    Flour sack towel, pixie diffuse or air dry.
    Experimenting with: benign neglect
  • LuuuuucyLuuuuucy Posts: 146Registered Users
    I know the moderators are doing the best they possibly can. It's not possible for them to stop it,they're only authorized to delete it. The problem is so out of control, whoever runs the board, and owns it, should be putting out an emergency update to stop new members from posting links. This is killing the board, I'm about to delete the app because it's so frustrating.
    Curly work in progress
    2C with some 3A if all the stars align
    Low porosity, medium to low density and fine
    No sulfates since 2009
    CG since 2013

In my stash:
    Shampoos and conditioners- Tresemme Naturals Low Poo, Tresemme Naturals Moisturizing Aloe, Suave Naturals Coconut
    Leave Ins- Kinky Curly Knot Today
    Stylers- KCCC, AG Recoil, KY Lubricant (yup), SM Curl Milk
    Gels- Ecostyler, Biosilk RHG
    Mousse- Devacurl Uplifting Foam, Suave Captivating Curls
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,059 Administrator

Firefox, I certainly hope it gets resolved before it comes to that.

Luuuuucy is right, mods can only delete spam, we can't stop it. We are also members here, so our experience is being marred as well. :sad11:
  • GlamourCurlsGlamourCurls Posts: 194Registered Users
    Here it comes again...
    Fine 3B/C curls.
    Currently growing out damage caused by straightening and coloring.
  • sdkittysdkitty Posts: 360Registered Users Curl Novice
    Luuuuucy wrote: »
    I know the moderators are doing the best they possibly can. It's not possible for them to stop it,they're only authorized to delete it. The problem is so out of control, whoever runs the board, and owns it, should be putting out an emergency update to stop new members from posting links. This is killing the board, I'm about to delete the app because it's so frustrating.

Agree....this is ridiculous
    Other boards don't have this problem so there must be a solution.
    Agree - stop new members from posting. These are all new "members"
    And it's interesting they want to do their mischief here - sports advertising on a board for women
  • chupiechupie Posts: 5,280Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I agree that moderators don't have any control but there has to be someone who does and who can do something until the upgrade (and what about that? If my company just kept promising something without an eta we'd be out of business. That's kind of crazy.) It's really just about impossible to use the board right now.
    2a medium porous, You can see my wavy tutorials here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLy8bclCLgER5N_uVYSYZNxhBHSXAW40OQ and my wavy blog is The Wavy Nation http://wavynation.wordpress.com
  • curlicious13curlicious13 Posts: 1,632Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    The curly Nikki app is having the same spam problem. I've noticed spam on that app a few weeks ago & it's starting to increase.
  • Firefox7275Firefox7275 Posts: 3,750Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I'm getting to the stage of suggesting the regulars stage a strike, we all disappear for a week and let the powers-that-be answer the problems.

TBH if I was a moderator I'd have quit by now, they must be saints. Powers-that-be are taking the mickey out of them too not finding a quick and dirty solution.
    2a-2c, medium texture, porous/ colour treated. Three years CG. Past bra strap length heading for waist.

CO-wash: Inecto coconut/ Elvive Volume Collagen
    Treatments: Komaza Care Matani, coconut/ sweet almond/ fractionated coconut oils, Hairveda Sitrinillah
    Leave in: Fructis Sleek & Shine (old), Gliss Ultimate Volume, various Elvive
    Styler: Umberto Giannini jelly, Au Naturale styling gelee
    Flour sack towel, pixie diffuse or air dry.
    Experimenting with: benign neglect
  • Fifi.GFifi.G Posts: 15,490Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    chupie wrote: »
    I agree that moderators don't have any control but there has to be someone who does and who can do something until the upgrade (and what about that? If my company just kept promising something without an eta we'd be out of business. That's kind of crazy.) It's really just about impossible to use the board right now.

If someone else is working on it, they probably can not definitively say. It could end up being way over the estimated time, and cause more problems if not met.

In my line of work giving an eta can and will get you sued, even when fatal car accidents that could not be helped caused the delay. We are prohibited from it, and that is in life or death situations.

Several businesses have to adopt a no eta policy for various reasons.
    When I hear terms like "hipster" I think, who told cliques they could leave high school??

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file