CurlTalk

Things That Made You Happy/Smile Today

OBBOBB Posts: 4,174Registered Users
with apologies to Jeepy but it seems the Grinch has stolen her thread. until its found i will start a 2nd version.

these are Hmong children in the Sa Pa district of northern VN. its currently my PC background

Comments

• PerriPPerriP Posts: 6,613Registered Users
    This was worth creating a new thread. My heart is smiling

Sent from my SCH-I535 using CurlTalk App
    Modified CG since Dec 2011
  • CurlyCanadianCurlyCanadian Posts: 10,771Registered Users Curl Dabbler
    Awwww!!!! I have a great picture from Vietnam, then the picture of the kids when we gave them the first picture we had taken. Will see if I can find it at home.
    I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
    Audrey Hepburn
  • jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Posts: 19,235Registered Users Curl Dabbler
    Thanks OBB for starting a new one. I guess they couldn't find the old one that disappeared. Go figure, the often mean and always negative Say It Now thread keeps on ticking but a purely positive thread gets deleted. : /

Anyhoodle, today this made me happy.
    Yes it's just a flock of starlings but I love seeing them fly around in formation, then sitting in the trees fluffing their feathers.
    --I'm located in Western PA.
    --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, started going grey in late 2005.
    --My hair is 3B with some 3A, texture-medium/fine, porosity-normal except for the ends which are porous, elasticity-normal.
    --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, oils, honey, vinegar.
    --My CG and grey hair progress -- http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html
  • inheritedcurlsinheritedcurls Posts: 2,954Registered Users
    My daughter's warm feet...she allowed me to warm my cold hands on them this morning. LOL!
  • JosephineJosephine Posts: 14,175Registered Users
    Found out I can wear jeans everyday to work now :). And the office is right across my favorite mall. I already went today.
  • curlypearlcurlypearl Posts: 11,970Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    ^^^ Jo, I'm so jealous! I have to dress up every day for work, except Fridays when I can be a little bit more casual but absolutely no jeans. Phooey.
    2/c Coarse hair med. density.
    Highly porous. Color over grey.
    I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
    Every day is a gift :flower:
  • gagirl09gagirl09 Posts: 2,316Registered Users
    It was warm in Taiwan today, so I was giddy out of control happy!!!!!
    Last relaxer: Nov. 24, 2008
    BC: December 19, 2009
    Products: Whatever works!
  • curlyarcacurlyarca Posts: 8,449Registered Users
    True powder out there today. I felt like I was in northern New England again. So pretty.

"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer."

4a, mbl, low porosity, normal thickness, fine hair.
  • DaniGirl88DaniGirl88 Posts: 1,583Registered Users
    It snowed here yesterday and letting my dog outside this morning was delightful to watch. She reminded me to enjoy the simple things in life. :smile:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

3B, fine, normal porosity, high density, medium width and length
    Conditioner: Tresemme Naturals, Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle
    Co-Wash: As I Am Coconut Co-Wash
    Leave in Products: As I Am Leave-In, SM Smoothie/Milk, KCKT, Giovanni Direct Leave-In
    Air Dry

Looking for new products and methods to try!

My new, used, $29, red coat. I adore it so much I don't even mind going out in the below zero weather.
    And my trapper hat. It looks silly and makes me smile.
    --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, started going grey in late 2005.
    --My hair is 3B with some 3A, texture-medium/fine, porosity-normal except for the ends which are porous, elasticity-normal.
    --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, oils, honey, vinegar.
    --My CG and grey hair progress -- http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,059 Administrator
    Seeing this thread was started again.:thumbleft:
    The bright sliver of a moon tonight.
    I caught Fin hiding his kibble in my shoes. He was dropping it in piece by piece. When he saw me watching he stuck his face in and ate it. Silly boy

• kurlygurlykurlygurly Posts: 644Registered Users
    Bought a cover for my Galaxy tab, returned three pairs of jeans I bought my daughter that dislikes the feel of jeans (Yay!) and exchanged a Christmas gift that was a duplicate. Things checked off my list.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk
    3b-ish... normal to low porosity....med. texture
    Wash: Desert Essence Coconut shampoo, Acure argon shampoo
    Deep Trestment: Nature's Nectars deep conditioner/styler
    Condition: Nature's Nectars luv-n-a-bottle, Nature's Gate pomegranate sunflower
    LEAVE-IN:Nature's Nectars luv-n-a-bottle, Natures Gate pomegranate sunflower
    STYLE: Nature's Nectars Sweet Shea butter blend, Ecostyler gel
    hemp oil, jojoba oil
    www.naturesnectars.net
  • OBBOBB Posts: 4,174Registered Users
    im happy that ive been stickied. first time ever in 15 years of netting! this thread was meant to be temp until they find the old one or until Jeepy start a sequel.

this receipt from an Asian restaurant kills me
  • asugirlasugirl Posts: 937Registered Users
    OBB wrote: »
    im happy that ive been stickied. first time ever in 15 years of netting! this thread was meant to be temp until they find the old one or until Jeepy start a sequel.

this receipt from an Asian restaurant kills me

there'll be no confusion there! ;)

2c/3a - fine - medium porosity & density
  • OBBOBB Posts: 4,174Registered Users
    bought my round trip to VN for only 900$. WUHU!!!
    h4E79A0B8
    6 new nail polishes on the way (using the Zoya Color2014 code). Thanks curly girls for informing me about the special! I never order from Zoya because I don't like the names of their polish (they have nothing to do with their color!) but I caved this time because I was bored at work. : )
    6 new nail polishes on the way (using the Zoya Color2014 code). Thanks curly girls for informing me about the special! I never order from Zoya because I don't like the names of their polish (they have nothing to do with their color!) but I caved this time because I was bored at work. : )

i read the thing and it says you have to pay a $12 shipping and processing fee- if you order $25 and get free shipping do they waive that?
    ^ Correct. I got 6 polishes for $27 (the cost of 3 polishes at regular price with free shipping). And even tho it says this starts tomorrow, the code worked today. So many pretty colors, it makes me happy!
  • Fifi.GFifi.G Posts: 15,490Registered Users
    The 8 people who called about a man walking down the road in a thin jacket, shivering, carrying several bags. All said (I almost said advised because I'm in work mode) he appeared to be homeless. *We do not have a large homeless population here at all. We have a few bridge and overpass dwellers in the spring or summer that are normally drunk or making meth :-/ Anywho... He is now safe and warm thanks to them.
    When I hear terms like "hipster" I think, who told cliques they could leave high school??

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Fifi.G wrote: »
    The 8 people who called about a man walking down the road in a thin jacket, shivering, carrying several bags. All said (I almost said advised because I'm in work mode) he appeared to be homeless. He is now safe and warm thanks to them.

My heart just swelled. Thanks for sharing this

THIS!

maybe it goes on the buzzfeed thread, but what is most exciting to me is this is little town is where i lived when I was ages 8-11. I took horseback riding lessons here and spent many afternoons wandering these streets (and going into the bait shop to buy maggots to go fishing - gross, I know)

Miller The Clever Guide Dog Knows How To Use Traffic Lights
    These descriptions of food were so amusing.
    28 Fruits And Vegetables That You Had No Idea Grew Like That
    It is now above zero.
    My furnace kept running.
    My water didn't freeze and my pipes didn't burst.
    My Jeep started.