CurlTalk

Comments

• chupiechupie Posts: 5,270Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Whoa awesome. 3c? Anyhow maybe you should try a gel on sopping hair and scrunch or plop with a flour sack. I'd try a nice flax seed gel. Check out Sweet Curls Elixir on Etsy.com. I think it would make your dry curls pop and be shiny which is probably what you like about it when wet.
  • multicultcurlymulticultcurly Posts: 5,132Registered Users
    3b. 3a hair would be much looser at that length.

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using CurlTalk App
    3b/c, medium-coarse, low porosity, high density
    HG: Jessicurl Too Shea and Kinky Curly Curling Custard
    Shampoo: nonsulfate shampoo and Suave Naturals sulfate shampoo when needed
  • Josh92Josh92 Posts: 3Registered Users
    thank you people
    I think it's 2b but I wanted to listen to other's opinion
    My hair is really weird, when it's short it doesn't seem much curly. I've been growing my hair out for the first time and I realized the more it grows the curlier it gets.
    Here's a photo from some months ago 168.JPG
    I've tried using leave in and it got my hair less dry however my hair got a bit curlier and it's harder to style
  • chupiechupie Posts: 5,270Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Josh92 wrote: »
    thank you people
    My hair is really weird, when it's short it doesn't seem much curly. I've been growing my hair out for the first time and I realized the more it grows the curlier it gets.
    I've tried using leave in and it got my hair less dry however my hair got a bit curlier and it's harder to style

You are no 2. You are somewhere in the threes. You need the leave in most likely, you just need something over it. Check out this video. Jessicurl How-To - Ryan - YouTube
  • multicultcurlymulticultcurly Posts: 5,132Registered Users
    chupie wrote: »
    Josh92 wrote: »
    thank you people

You are no 2. You are somewhere in the threes. You need the leave in most likely, you just need something over it. Check out this video. Jessicurl How-To - Ryan - YouTube

I agree. 2s don't have root curl, especially at such a short length. You are a 3b with probably a little 3c thrown in. If you want to learn about how to care for your hair, then you should figure out your properties. Curl pattern is only helpful for styling or figuring out how hair will react to certain lengths.

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using CurlTalk App
    3b/c, medium-coarse, low porosity, high density
    HG: Jessicurl Too Shea and Kinky Curly Curling Custard
    Shampoo: nonsulfate shampoo and Suave Naturals sulfate shampoo when needed
  • longlivecurlslonglivecurls Posts: 271Registered Users
    I agree definitely not a 2. I would say a 3b since it curls at the root and the size of the curl.
    CG NEWBIE :afro:
    curl type: 2c/3a on a good day :love5:
    med/high porosity & high density
    hair strand width: med/coarse
    BSL hair & growing

GOING STRONG!!! SAY NO TO HEAT!!!
    :wav:
  • Josh92Josh92 Posts: 3Registered Users
    Oops, my mistake. I meant 3b. :laughing6:
    And thank you again for helping.