Excited lurker

WavyMartyWavyMarty Posts: 6Registered Users
I've been "trying" CG for about 2 years now. I have mostly used silicone and sulfate free during that time, with an occasional normal wash. I have about 6 different brands in my shower. J/A/S/O/N, Naturelle, Giovanni, and DevaCurl.

The curls have been great, but ALWAYS frizzy.

For Christmas, I got my curly niece (15yo) some special shampoo & conditioner for her hair. She straightens it every day. But I wasn't exactly a shining example for what her hair COULD look like!

I typically have 2a/2b wavy hair. It's usually shoulder length and layered. It's VERY thick, low porosity.

So last night I was lurking here, yet again to get something new to try.
One of you lovely ladies suggested EVCO (coconut) before even getting out of the shower or drying. Well, I keep a jar in the bathroom anyways because I use it for body moisturizer. I squeezed out excess water, dabbed some EVCO on it, dried it a bit (I use baby receiving blankets for hair towels), added leave in conditioner and gel, then plopped and went to bed!

So excited to see my "wake up" hair this morning!
206mvsg.jpg

That was from bed to mirror! :love4:

Comments

• curlypearlcurlypearl Posts: 12,227Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Very pretty and you look happy too.
    2/c Coarse hair med. density.
    Highly porous. Color over grey.
    I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
    Every day is a gift :flower:
  • WavyMartyWavyMarty Posts: 6Registered Users
    Thanks!

I am happy because I've been trying to get curls like these for 2 years! :) That picture was straight out of bed with no work at all!

I could occasionally get them like this with a TON of product and diffusing, but then I'd have to wash the next day to get all the product out.

I will check back in a week or so to say whether this was what my hair needed!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file