Keeping wave/curl longer and reducing frizz?

elladellaelladella Posts: 3Registered Users
Hi, I'm new! I think I am a 2b/c with medium to high porosity, medium density. I have some random straighter hairs and some that develop a ringlet pattern (mostly underneath). My waves/curls are not as defined in the back and I find that about half-way through work, the waves/curls are falling a little and I develop some frizz on the top layer. I work 12 hours on my feet and I'm running around all day so I think I need something with a stronger hold?

This is my routine:
Either co-wash with Tresemme Naturals or just vigorously rub my scalp. Condition with the Body Shop Rainforest hair butter. Rinse out with my hair upside down, the scrunch in Tresemme Naturals as a leave-in. Plop for 15-30 min., then I spray in AG Curl Trigger and rake/scrunch with Ouidad Climate Control. Then I diffuse in sections until about 80% dry.

Is there anything I can change to keep the back of my head looking more curly/wavy and to keep frizz from forming after a few hours? One thing I can do that helps is flip my part from one side to the other mid-day just to hide some of the frizz.

Thanks for your help!

Comments

• Firefox7275Firefox7275 Posts: 3,750Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Welcome!

One thing you can try is reducing your porosity with overnight coconut oil soaks on dry hair. Avoid or limit the major humectants (eg. glycerin, propylene glycol, honey, maybe aloe) as these attract too much water to porous hair.

Another is to clarify to ensure the frizz is not down to build up, then avoid ingredients that are not water soluble/ not compatible with conditioner only washing/ may build up. Avoid or limit waxes including cetyl esters, butters, many silicones, certain polyquats.

Your leave in conditioner should aid with clumping and frizz control, not just your styling product. Be sure you are using plenty of both.
    2a-2c, medium texture, porous/ colour treated. Three years CG. Past bra strap length heading for waist.

CO-wash: Inecto coconut/ Elvive Volume Collagen
    Treatments: Komaza Care Matani, coconut/ sweet almond/ fractionated coconut oils, Hairveda Sitrinillah
    Leave in: Fructis Sleek & Shine (old), Gliss Ultimate Volume, various Elvive
    Styler: Umberto Giannini jelly, Au Naturale styling gelee
    Flour sack towel, pixie diffuse or air dry.
    Experimenting with: benign neglect
  • jakrussel3jakrussel3 Posts: 423Registered Users
    Plopping makes me frizz. I low poo, ro condition, squeeze out excess water with my hands only, apply leave in if needed, apply stylers (right now just FSG), and diffuse until mostly dry. This helps me lock in the wave pattern better and prevents frizz.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Hair Properties: 2A/2B, Medium-fine, Normal porosity, Normal elasticity, Medium density
    Low Poo: DevaCare, Yes to Cuc's
    Rinse Out: DevaCare One Condition, Yes to Cuc's
    Cowash: Suave Naturals Lavender, Yes to Carrots Scalp Conditioner
    Curl Cream: AG ReCoil, Organix Moroccan Oil Curl Cream
    Gel/Mousse: Sweet Curls Elixirs FSG w/ Mag Sulfate added, Sweet Curls Elixirs hard hold gel, DevaCurl Frizz Free Foam, Aquage Uplifting Foam
    Protein: Spiral Solutions Protein Spray for daily use

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file