How to get a quicker Braid out?

manticsmantics Posts: 5Registered Users
Now that I'm home for Winter break, I've been doing tons of lounging. I washed my hair yesterday around 11am, ran some serum through my hair and put it in 2 regular braids. I took them out today at around 11am and my hair looks awesome and I wasn't even trying!

Now is there a way for me to get this result overnight? I've tried it before and it just ends up still wet and frizzy. I'm usually pressed for time in the morning and tend to do my hair preservation styles at night. Any advice would be great! Thanks!

Btw I have tight 3b curls that's long and big. This braid out also flattens my hair out a bit so it's not all over the place like usual.

Comments

• lori.mattoxlori.mattox Posts: 210Registered Users
    I just watched a youtube video by naptural85 where she twisted her freshly washed hair, wrapped it in a t-shirt for awhile to absorb water, and left out to air dry until bed. She also put a satin scarf on while sleeping- this may be a good solution for keeping the frizz at bay on your braids. Hair should be dry in the morning.

Sent from my SCH-I200 using CurlTalk App
    3C/4A Fine texture, low porosity, low/medium density? Trying CG since Dec. 2013
    Shampoo: Curl's Creamy Curl Cleanser or clarifying shampoo when needed.
    Co-wash: Curl's coconut curlada
    Deep Condition: Experimenting in the kitchen
    oil: flaxseed and coconut for treatments
    Styler: Tresemme conditioner, alone or mixed together with aloe vera gel
    Sealer: aloe vera juice

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file