"Soapless" Shampoo

deliriadeliria Posts: 35Registered Users
From a soapmaking book:

"Soapless" Shampoo

1 cup sulfonated castor oil
1 tablespoon glycerin
1 tablespoon mineral or baby oil
fragrance of choice

Mix together all ingredients and stir for half a minute to homogenize. Because sulfonated castor oil is so soluble, no heating of the oils is necessary. Add fragrance. Use as you would a regular shampoo.
2b

Comments

• ruqayya33ruqayya33 Posts: 138Registered Users
    deliria wrote:
    From a soapmaking book:

"Soapless" Shampoo

1 cup sulfonated castor oil
    1 tablespoon glycerin
    1 tablespoon mineral or baby oil
    fragrance of choice

Mix together all ingredients and stir for half a minute to homogenize. Because sulfonated castor oil is so soluble, no heating of the oils is necessary. Add fragrance. Use as you would a regular shampoo.

Oiii..... mineral oil is not exactly a great choice for anybody on the CG routine. I'd suggest substituting sweet almond oil or jojoba.
    3A/3B type chest-lenght color-treaded. Tends to be dry with some frizz, year-round. (Check out my fotki)
    I am not this skin - I am not this hair - I am the soul that lives within.
  • cmartin1cmartin1 Posts: 152Registered Users
    Oiii..... mineral oil is not exactly a great choice for anybody on the CG routine. I'd suggest substituting sweet almond oil or jojoba.

Hey ruqayya33 , what do you think of this stuff - are any of these ingredients damaging to cg hair? It's been the "shampoo" part of my daily wavy-girl cleansing/conditioning for the last 2 weeks, and it's been a good experience so far - but my signature says "Padawan" for a reason! :)

200.jpg
    ingredients:
    Vegetable soap, vegetable glycerin, rosemary oil, yucca schidigera extract, oat protein, peppermint oil, nettle leaf, rosemary leaf, avocado oil, coconut oil, panthenol (pro vitamin B5).

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file