We’d like your help getting CurlTalk back on its feet!

By participating on CurlTalk — posting, commenting, liking — in the next few weeks, you will automatically be entered to win amazing prizes.

Our latest winner is Savagegirl!

CurlyCanadian, Bomega and EllaJ have also won wonderful prizes! Will you be next? Post, like, comment, GET ACTIVE and help us get CurlTalk ENERGIZED again!

Learn more!

I wish I could ride with the windows down.....rant!

Curly Girl FlaCurly Girl Fla Posts: 1,834Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
It's not fair. A perfectly gorgeous day, warm, no humidity, breezy, sunny....a long drive during the work day...windows down, hair visibly flying all around in the rearview mirror....

Back at the office I look like an unwound, tangled ball of yarn :evil: , but the straighties that were out and about simply smooth their hair behind their ears with their hands, and look like they stepped out of beer commercial.... :cry:

Sorry-just felt like telling somebody who might understand....

Comments

• GoddessCurlsGoddessCurls Posts: 1,537Registered Users
    I completely understand! That bothers me too, I love the windows down on a beautiful day, I even have a sunroof that I like to open. What I find is if I am driving alone, I can usually open a few of the windows in the car other than the drivers side one, get nice air, and have my hair still look nice. Like my passenger side, I can open that and be ok. Also if I out my hair back loosly in a scrungi and only onpen the window a little at the top I can get some air and maintain my do!

It sucks that we can't just not worry about it though!!

Back on Cones,so now my routine is,wash with Deva No-Poo every other day or so. Occasionally use 365 sulfate free,maybe use low sulfate shampoo mixed with conditioner once every two weeks are longer. I condition with Aussie Moist or HEHH. I style with a little GF TN,and finish up with tons of GN Pure Clean Smoothing Cream. No frizz...slippy, happy hair.
  • sfisher323sfisher323 Posts: 537Registered Users
    I hear you! Frustrating. :?
    embracing my inner curl since late Nov 2006
    2b/3a (I think?)
    color-treated red/brown, medium-textured hair
    PJ, currently using Suave citrus smoothie, B2B pom cond, GF C&S leave-in, AG re:coil, LOOB, HE SMU, Jessicurl HCC, CC, AIS
  • littlemisscurlylittlemisscurly Posts: 161Registered Users
    I know exactly how you feel!
    3A hair, very boring brown colour, just over shoulders (aiming for BSL)
    Photo Password: password
  • st. louis bluest. louis blue Posts: 404Registered Users
    What about if you wore a bandanna?
  • SilverwoodSilverwood Posts: 39Registered Users
    If I open both passenger windows (any amount depending on how cool it is), I get the air and my hair doesn't blow around.
  • entipyentipy Posts: 126Registered Users
    I feel ya! I really hate that about curly hair. Although, I've found that since I started CG, even if the wind gets hold of the curls a bit, it's not nearly as bad as it used to be!

(As a sidenote, Brown&Curly, your link doesn't work. :( )
  • GoddessCurlsGoddessCurls Posts: 1,537Registered Users
    :oops: Thanx...I'll have to check it when I get home.

Back on Cones,so now my routine is,wash with Deva No-Poo every other day or so. Occasionally use 365 sulfate free,maybe use low sulfate shampoo mixed with conditioner once every two weeks are longer. I condition with Aussie Moist or HEHH. I style with a little GF TN,and finish up with tons of GN Pure Clean Smoothing Cream. No frizz...slippy, happy hair.
  • curlylew66curlylew66 Posts: 1,685Registered Users
    I drive a convertible :shock: I do a twist up and pray a lot! :lol:
  • Curly Girl FlaCurly Girl Fla Posts: 1,834Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    curlylew66 wrote:
    I drive a convertible :shock: I do a twist up and pray a lot! :lol:
    :)

Well, a convertible certainly would intensify the effect, but, sorry, it's a convertible---no sympathy here :wink: !

I can put my hair back or up, but it will look such a mess when I take it down later, but I guess it can't be much worse...never thought of a bandana, though :idea: just may work better!
  • DoodlesDoodles Posts: 1,984Registered Users
    Back at the office I look like an unwound, tangled ball of yarn :evil:

:lol: Sorry had to laugh at that description because it is spot on! ;)
    2A/2B, fine, normal porosity

Growing out a pixie as of November 2013 :elephant:

Shampoo: Elucence MBS & Renpure Originals Argan Oil
    Conditioner: Elucence MBC & Renpure Originals Argan Oil
    Leave-in: CJ BeautiCurls
    Stylers: BA gel & AG Re:coil

Product Junkie that keeps falling off the wagon!:tongue3:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file