Product recs for 3a/b coarse, normal, normal

GettinControlGettinControl Posts: 828Registered Users
Just would like to hear what other people are using. Thanks!
3a/b medium/coarse combo(w/some fine strands), normal porosity, normal elasticity(strong)
Komaza analysis 2015: medium to coarse combo(some fine strands), normal porosity, strong elasticity, healthy hair
Goosefootprints 2013: moderately coarse with some medium; low porosity at roots, normal thru shaft, porous ends, normal elasticity

Comments

• BotticelliBritBotticelliBrit Posts: 2,075Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    What sort of thing are you looking for; shampoos & conditioners, leave-ins or stylers? Or the whole shebang?
    3B. Med porosity. Med thickness. Med density.

LP: Shea Moisture (currently JBCO)
    Conditioner/CW: Jason Aloe Vera

LI: Aunt Jackie's Curls & Coils Quench
    Refreshing: TRESemmé Naturals Aloe Vera & Avocado
    Gel: DevaCurl Ultra Defining Gel
    DC:
    Aunt Jackie's Soft & Sassy Super Duper Softening Conditioner
    Treatments: Coconut oil/Coconut milk

UK curly. CG since Oct 2013.
    Growing my hair to WL when dry :thumright:
  • GettinControlGettinControl Posts: 828Registered Users
    Poos(sulfate or sulfate free) and conditioners for now. Thanks!
    3a/b medium/coarse combo(w/some fine strands), normal porosity, normal elasticity(strong)
    Komaza analysis 2015: medium to coarse combo(some fine strands), normal porosity, strong elasticity, healthy hair
    Goosefootprints 2013: moderately coarse with some medium; low porosity at roots, normal thru shaft, porous ends, normal elasticity
  • BotticelliBritBotticelliBrit Posts: 2,075Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Do you do pre-poos? If not I'd definitely recommend that.

For shampoos the only one I've used since going CG is the Shea Moisture Coconut & Hibiscus one in my signature, which I LOVE. It's super moisturising, but also really cleanses, so my hair always feels clean and fresh. Plus it's super CG friendly (the ingredients are AMAZING).

I know some people have problems with build-up with SM, if they have finer hair though, but looking at your properties I don't think it'd be a problem :).

I've never tried them myself, but I know others have gotten on well with Deva Curl products (they can be quite pricey though!).

As for conditioners, I use the SM Restorative and really like it. Again, CG friendly, it also has great slip and a little goes a long way. Really moisturising, but doesn't weigh down my hair (I do baptism rinses with it and have never had an issue with my curls being weighed down).

A lot of people also like KCKT for conditioning. I haven't tried that yet, but I have ordered it and plan to use it as a leave-in :)

I'm sure a bunch of the other girls will have tons more recommendations for you too!
    3B. Med porosity. Med thickness. Med density.

LP: Shea Moisture (currently JBCO)
    Conditioner/CW: Jason Aloe Vera

LI: Aunt Jackie's Curls & Coils Quench
    Refreshing: TRESemmé Naturals Aloe Vera & Avocado
    Gel: DevaCurl Ultra Defining Gel
    DC:
    Aunt Jackie's Soft & Sassy Super Duper Softening Conditioner
    Treatments: Coconut oil/Coconut milk

UK curly. CG since Oct 2013.
    Growing my hair to WL when dry :thumright:
  • GettinControlGettinControl Posts: 828Registered Users
    Thanks! I do actually have all those products that you are mentioned.

I don't find the KCNT to be moisturizing but used as a leave in it does help when wetting the hair the next day as far as detangling.

With the Shea Moisture stuff I notice alot of frizz. Not any softness.

I have used the Deva stuff but don't like it as much as the old formulas. I loved the old formula of Devacurl One Condition and SIF.

I am looking for softness for my coarse strands.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file