Curly Cut Scheduled!

DaniGirl88DaniGirl88 Posts: 1,583Registered Users Curl Neophyte
I'm sorry, I'm just so unbelievably excited about my first curly cut! I've asked around, read reviews, and talked to the stylist over the phone and I'm ready to take the plunge! I am so sick of having people cut my hair that have no idea what they're doing and this is going to be so different! I hope it turns out to be great!

So excited!!! :toothy7:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

3B, fine, normal porosity, high density, medium width and length
Conditioner: Tresemme Naturals, Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle
Co-Wash: As I Am Coconut Co-Wash
Leave in Products: As I Am Leave-In, SM Smoothie/Milk, KCKT, Giovanni Direct Leave-In
Air Dry

Looking for new products and methods to try!

Comments

• BotticelliBritBotticelliBrit Posts: 2,075Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Good luck! I can't wait to hear how it goes!
    3B. Med porosity. Med thickness. Med density.

LP: Shea Moisture (currently JBCO)
    Conditioner/CW: Jason Aloe Vera

LI: Aunt Jackie's Curls & Coils Quench
    Refreshing: TRESemmé Naturals Aloe Vera & Avocado
    Gel: DevaCurl Ultra Defining Gel
    DC:
    Aunt Jackie's Soft & Sassy Super Duper Softening Conditioner
    Treatments: Coconut oil/Coconut milk

UK curly. CG since Oct 2013.
    Growing my hair to WL when dry :thumright:
  • rbbrbb Posts: 4,355Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    post photos!

3a, some 2c & 3b, medium texture, porosity normal, low elasticity :-(
    washing/cowashing, conditioning, protein tx: curl junkie products
    leave in:curl junkie conditioners and treatments as leave in
    styling: curl junkie 
    sealants - jane carter nourish & shine
  • DaniGirl88DaniGirl88 Posts: 1,583Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Thanks ladies! I'll let you know how it goes! Usually, I leave the salon and have to go straight home because they don't style it right and I look like a mess. This time, I'm hoping to look amazing when I leave and not want to do anything to it. Or at least presentable! =)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Leave in Products: As I Am Leave-In, SM Smoothie/Milk, KCKT, Giovanni Direct Leave-In
    Air Dry

• sixelamysixelamy Posts: 4,157Registered Users Curl Novice
    Good luck! Don't judge the cut until you've styled it yourself :)
    2c-3a - med-coarse - normal-high porosity - high density
    :bunny:
    NP/LP: CJ Daily Fix, KMF Whenever / Giovanni TTTT
    RO/LI: Aussie Moist, CJ Argan & Olive Oil, Hask Keratin Protein
    DC/PROTEIN: KC Stellar Strands / CNPF
    STYLER: CJ Curl Queen
    COLOR: henna, amla & indigo
    :thumbdown:: glycerin in high/low dews, polyquat-10 & 11, parabens
    sixelamy wrote: »
    Good luck! Don't judge the cut until you've styled it yourself :)

Thanks for the tip! I typically give it a day or two before I decide if I like it. :p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Air Dry

totally agree not to judge it on their styling. good idea to give it a couple of days before coming to a decision.

Okay, so I had my curly cut and.....I LOVED IT!!!

I have never experienced anything like that in my entire life. She was amazing and so helpful. I couldn't really contain my excitement.

First off, she asked me what I wanted to do with my hair and started by looking at each curl and giving her opinion. Then, she asked about my current routine and what I didn't like about my hair as it was. I explained about wanting layers and she said that she would keep my length in front but make it look dramatically different. So, she start cutting each curl (dry).

While cutting, she started asking me questions such as: Have you tried clips for volume at the roots? Do you diffuse or air dry? Etc.

I was in love! Each question I wanted to ask, she was already taking initiative to ask and explain. She said she would show me each method and see how I liked it. So, she kept cutting. When she was done cutting, she cleansed my hair. She told me from the start that she mainly used Deva products because that's what they carry and apologized for not having the SM line that I use (I told her I tried the Deva products and didn't like them because they weighed down my hair). So, she used the lightest products she had and showed me how to apply it. Then she showed me how to use the clips and OMG!!! I'm so in love with those little things. I had attempted clipping before and was doing it all wrong.

Then, she let my hair dry most of the way and showed me how to diffuse the rest of the way (she said my hair shouldn't be diffused completely because it will frizz easier, which makes since because I tried diffusing once and was a frizzball). She also stated that my hair is thick but each strand is fine and recommended that I don't use heavier products like creams and such. She said a leave-in and a little gel should work wonders. Uhm....I've always been told I had thick/coarse hair and have always been using way too much product (which I started to notice lately). LIFE CHANGING. At the end, she gave me the clips and told me to call with any questions.

Seriously, this is the best experience I've ever had with my hair. I think it's going to take a few days for me to get used to the new haircut and get used to styling it with fewer products and using the clips/diffuser, but I am so excited! My hair is so light and bouncy now. Definitely worth the money!

:mrgreen:

The first picture is the new haircut and the last picture is the before photo from Christmas.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Air Dry

• CurlyCitaCurlyCita Posts: 152Registered Users
    aaaaw its cute!!!! Now i want one but my hair is 3c/4a. Idk how thatll work. Just a trim is all i need though! She did great :)
    Hair type: 3c/4a, high shrinkage :/, high density,medium porosity. ~1inch to APL stretched. Big Chopped: Oct. 2012
    Routine & Products: Sundays- DC on dry hair w/Cantu Shea Butter Leave in Conditioning Repair Cream & Olive Oil. Wash w/As I am Coconut Cowash. Condtion&detangle w/any VO5 conditoner. Braid in 5-8 braids w/Shea Moisture Smoothie.
    Wear braidout rest of week. Rebraid every night.

MAYcowash w/VO5 conditioner mid-week and rebraid again. I always unbraid w/Coconut oil on hands.
    i love it! what a difference! for sure, she is a keeper! you have gorgeous curls and it looks like she brought out the best in them.

CurlyCita wrote: »
    aaaaw its cute!!!! Now i want one but my hair is 3c/4a. Idk how thatll work. Just a trim is all i need though! She did great :)

Thanks!! =)

Sometimes, a trim goes a long way. =)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Air Dry

rbb wrote: »
    i love it! what a difference! for sure, she is a keeper! you have gorgeous curls and it looks like she brought out the best in them.

Thank you!!!

I never thought my hair could be this bouncy and light. I feel like my whole life has been a lie. Lol. What a difference a haircut can make! Thanks for your support! =)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Air Dry

DaniGirl88 wrote: »
    rbb wrote: »

Thank you!!!

I never thought my hair could be this bouncy and light. I feel like my whole life has been a lie. Lol. What a difference a haircut can make! Thanks for your support! =)

i know! when i think about all those teen years fighting the 'wave' i had in my hair, never knowing it was curly, not knowing how to care for it......

btw, i hope you reviewed your stylist on here so others can find her.

Exactly! No one in my family knew what to do with my hair, and I feel a wave of relief to have finally found someone with solid advice and friendly recommendations. I love using this website, but I found that I couldn't really replicate and am a visual learner. So when she tied everything together, and showed me exactly what I had been reading on here, it was like everything just came together finally.

I just reviewed her actually! I wanted to make sure everyone in this area knows how great she is. And her own curls are breathtaking! =)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Air Dry

• sixelamysixelamy Posts: 4,157Registered Users Curl Novice
    Wow, I love it!! Soooo happy that you had a great experience!! She did an excellent job.
    2c-3a - med-coarse - normal-high porosity - high density
    :bunny:
    NP/LP: CJ Daily Fix, KMF Whenever / Giovanni TTTT
    RO/LI: Aussie Moist, CJ Argan & Olive Oil, Hask Keratin Protein
    DC/PROTEIN: KC Stellar Strands / CNPF
    STYLER: CJ Curl Queen
    COLOR: henna, amla & indigo
    :thumbdown:: glycerin in high/low dews, polyquat-10 & 11, parabens
    sixelamy wrote: »
    Wow, I love it!! Soooo happy that you had a great experience!! She did an excellent job.

Thank you! It was a great experience and definitely changed the way I look at getting my hair done!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Air Dry

• CurlyCitaCurlyCita Posts: 152Registered Users
    no problemo!
    Hair type: 3c/4a, high shrinkage :/, high density,medium porosity. ~1inch to APL stretched. Big Chopped: Oct. 2012
    Routine & Products: Sundays- DC on dry hair w/Cantu Shea Butter Leave in Conditioning Repair Cream & Olive Oil. Wash w/As I am Coconut Cowash. Condtion&detangle w/any VO5 conditoner. Braid in 5-8 braids w/Shea Moisture Smoothie.
    Wear braidout rest of week. Rebraid every night.

MAYcowash w/VO5 conditioner mid-week and rebraid again. I always unbraid w/Coconut oil on hands.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file