Inversion Method

AnsleyBirch13AnsleyBirch13 Registered Users Posts: 180
I've recently discovered the inversion method, which has been pretty popular for a while. But if you don't know what it is, pretty much it's massaging a heated oil onto your scalp and inverting your head for 4 minutes, and you do this every day for a week once a month. If any of y'all have tried this, would you share your results and anything you noticed/learned about it? Thanks!:)

Comments

• CurlyInParadiseCurlyInParadise Registered Users Posts: 137
    Just wondering what kind of oil you use?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]______
    3a, med porous, low density
    Poo: Have to admit I have recently become a Wen convert. Love it. I have always had problems with my hair "hanging" right, curling uniformly and destorting the perimeter line. Wen makes it hang evenly.
  • AnsleyBirch13AnsleyBirch13 Registered Users Posts: 180
    Just wondering what kind of oil you use?

Coconut oil!
    Ok,I've got some of that. And this OCD, but I am wondering if coconut oil when rinsed off goes down the drain, gets cold cause it's winter and then stops up the drain.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]______
    Poo: Have to admit I have recently become a Wen convert. Love it. I have always had problems with my hair "hanging" right, curling uniformly and destorting the perimeter line. Wen makes it hang evenly.
  • chupiechupie Registered Users Posts: 5,280 Curl Connoisseur
    Ok,I've got some of that. And this OCD, but I am wondering if coconut oil when rinsed off goes down the drain, gets cold cause it's winter and then stops up the drain.

No, I don't think so. Unless you used jars and jars and jars all at once!
    2a medium porous, You can see my wavy tutorials here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLy8bclCLgER5N_uVYSYZNxhBHSXAW40OQ and my wavy blog is The Wavy Nation http://wavynation.wordpress.com
  • BotticelliBritBotticelliBrit Registered Users Posts: 2,075 Curl Neophyte
    No, coconut oil will not clog your drain. I do pre-poos weekly and have never had any issues
    3B. Med porosity. Med thickness. Med density.

LP: Shea Moisture (currently JBCO)
    Conditioner/CW: Jason Aloe Vera

LI: Aunt Jackie's Curls & Coils Quench
    Refreshing: TRESemmé Naturals Aloe Vera & Avocado
    Gel: DevaCurl Ultra Defining Gel
    DC:
    Aunt Jackie's Soft & Sassy Super Duper Softening Conditioner
    Treatments: Coconut oil/Coconut milk

UK curly. CG since Oct 2013.
    Growing my hair to WL when dry :thumright:
  • BluebloodBlueblood Registered Users Posts: 1,748 Curl Neophyte

How much are you putting on your hair?

More seriously if you put on just enough and use it over night as a pre-poo the majority should be absorbed into your hair. So very little will be washed away.
    I use 2 tablespoons. I'm just OCD plus we have a rural home with a septic system, I don't know if that makes any difference.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]______
  • BotticelliBritBotticelliBrit Registered Users Posts: 2,075 Curl Neophyte
    You'll be fine, honestly. I use 2 tablespoons too. It's all good :) don't worry!
    3B. Med porosity. Med thickness. Med density.

LP: Shea Moisture (currently JBCO)
    Conditioner/CW: Jason Aloe Vera

LI: Aunt Jackie's Curls & Coils Quench
    Refreshing: TRESemmé Naturals Aloe Vera & Avocado
    Gel: DevaCurl Ultra Defining Gel
    DC:
    Aunt Jackie's Soft & Sassy Super Duper Softening Conditioner
    Treatments: Coconut oil/Coconut milk

UK curly. CG since Oct 2013.
    Growing my hair to WL when dry :thumright:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list