My hair is breaking like CRAZY!!!

CocoNellieCocoNellie Registered Users Posts: 1
Hello, ladies. I've recently started transitioning to natural hair. I'm using organic root stimulator products and it really helps with detangling and keeping my new growth moisturized. BUT IT DOESN'T STOP BREAKING :sad2: I try not to comb or style my hair everyday, and I'm currently rocking cornrows. I would really appreciate any advice about homemade products i can use to help strengthen my hair?

3b/3c hair
4 months post relaxer :toothy4:

Comments

• Always@night[email protected] Registered Users Posts: 566 Curl Neophyte
    Chances are the hair breaking is coming from where your new growth meets your relaxed hair which is very weak. I would try to be gentle when detangling. Also as far as products go your relaxed hair might not like the same products as your new growth and vice versa. I would try a light protein treatment to help strengthen your strands and see if that helps with your breakage issue.
    Best of wishes (:
  • curlicious13curlicious13 Registered Users Posts: 1,632 Curl Neophyte
    I had that problem towards the end of my transition. I did 2 mini chops to get the last of the permed ends out. But I didn't do any organic products. Just sulfate free cleansers with protein in them & cowashing. But i found products that both my textures liked during my transition. But once natural, I changed products again. Now I use as I am & love them.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file