Say something nice about your hair!

lovebonitalovebonita Posts: 134Registered Users
Last night I was having one of my typical pity parties during which I complain about my hair and b***h about all the properties I wish it had.

I want more volume!
I want tighter curls!
I want more length!

:crybaby::hmph::crybaby:(You can see here where I was crying, tried to suck it up and then just gave in to my emotions)

But then I realized how blessed I am to have hair that grows out of my head.

My hair is already MBL. It's shiny, relatively healthy, and since I've switched to CG my scalp has been behaving (no more giant psoriasis flakes). While I can't do every style I want, I do feel that I've come pretty far in my little hair journey.

I challenge you ladies (and gents) to tell me something you love about your hair! If you're really bad, post a pic!

Comments

• claudine191claudine191 Posts: 8,221Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I like how being a wavy, I never know what's going to happen every day; my type 2 waves keep things interesting.

Next?
  • curlypearlcurlypearl Posts: 12,231Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I have hair! This is a big deal. Baldness runs in my family. My Grandma, aunt and Dad went bald. I mean, billiard ball.

At 68, even with a couple of thin spots which get fed Rogaine - I have hair!!!!! Quite a lot actually. Yea!!!!!

Also, it's grown to a nice length. I like twirling it. It feels soft. I like my soft hair. :love5:
    2/c Coarse hair med. density.
    Highly porous. Color over grey.
    I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
    Every day is a gift :flower:
  • Fifi.GFifi.G Posts: 15,490Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I adore my hair, even though it is in need of some serious TLC. I am beyond overdue for a trim and toner session.

After the incident that brought me here, which fried and almost straightened my hair, and sent me on a path to reconstructive hair cuts, and 3 sessions to restore my color, it has turned out beautifully. I was honestly terrified it was going to fall out.

Like CP my grandmother had issues with her hair falling out, but she did help destroy it with perms. Somehow, most of the girls on my moms side of the family have been blessed with a head full of hair. I am happy to have that, I do not mind that it is thick, I do not mind that it is textured/coarse. It molds and holds rather well.
    When I hear terms like "hipster" I think, who told cliques they could leave high school??

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Posts: 20,727Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Virtuoso
    I love that it's wild and not like everyone else's, gets lots of attention and compliments, and it makes me happy!
    --I'm located in Western PA.   --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.   --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.   --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.   
    --My CG and grey hair progress -  
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html   
    --My article at NaturallyCurly about going grey - 
    https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/color/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it
  • DaniGirl88DaniGirl88 Posts: 1,583Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I love that my hair is unique and has character! I have so many friends that have "thin" and what they would call "lifeless" hair. They always tell me how lucky I am to have such thick hair with natural curls. Now, I tend to believe them! I'm so glad I have thick hair and that it behaves for the most part. =)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

3B, fine, normal porosity, high density, medium width and length
    Conditioner: Tresemme Naturals, Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle
    Co-Wash: As I Am Coconut Co-Wash
    Leave in Products: As I Am Leave-In, SM Smoothie/Milk, KCKT, Giovanni Direct Leave-In
    Air Dry

Looking for new products and methods to try!

• sixelamysixelamy Posts: 4,157Registered Users Curl Novice
    I am very thankful that I am blessed with increasingly abundant dense hair. I always thought it was a curse growing up, but I love it now, because I no longer have to fight it. I also am learning to love the stages my hair goes through while growing out - I am thoroughly enjoying the stage I'm at right now.

And ever since I did my henna, it's like I have a brand new set of curls on my head! My hair has been super soft and my ends are so much better.
    2c-3a - med-coarse - normal-high porosity - high density
    :bunny:
    NP/LP: CJ Daily Fix, KMF Whenever / Giovanni TTTT
    RO/LI: Aussie Moist, CJ Argan & Olive Oil, Hask Keratin Protein
    DC/PROTEIN: KC Stellar Strands / CNPF
    STYLER: CJ Curl Queen
    COLOR: henna, amla & indigo
    :thumbdown:: glycerin in high/low dews, polyquat-10 & 11, parabens
  • okyouwinokyouwin Posts: 157Registered Users
    I'm thankful that I went with my instinct and got 3 inches cut off my length-that part was getting caught in the collar of my winter coat and the curl was coming out. I like my hair short and layered and it looks much neater now!
    I'm going to go ahead and say 3a
    fine/medium texture and a bit porous-I color
    Spring routine: Renpure luxurious argan oil shampoo/Loreal Advanced Care Color conditioner , HETT gel
    Microfiber towel/diffuse
    Trying KKCC
  • Curly SaraCurly Sara Posts: 183Registered Users
    I am in love with my naturally long tightly curly hair. I love the look, the lenght, the texture, the thickness and that the curls changes from day to day.
    Curls that i actually used to hate before and relaxed for so many years because i didnt know how to handle the hair.
    Then i discovered this site which turned my years of hair-frustration in to hair-crush :)
    Just by getting to know my hairproperties, incorporate a hairregime and use a lot of moisture my hair turned from an wild umbrella to organized and well defined curly hair.
    Viva la naturallycurly.com :)
    Hair type/properties:
    3c hair, high porosity, mediumdensity, low elasticity, fine hair.

Curly hair routine/regime:
    Combine the modified cg-method (low poo) and a modified tightly curly method.
    -Condition and leave in: Aubrey Organics, Giovanni Barzilian keratin and argan oil
    -Sealer: shea butter, Argan, olive and coconutoil
    -Gel: homemade flaxseed gel, Kinky curly custard, Queen Helene Curl royal shaping creme.
  • Curly SaraCurly Sara Posts: 183Registered Users
    sixelamy wrote: »
    And ever since I did my henna, it's like I have a brand new set of curls on my head! My hair has been super soft and my ends are so much better.

I agree!! Henna does wonders on my hair. It works like a long lasting dt, makes my hair soft and the hairstrands stronger. And it also gives me this brown-reddish glowy shiny colour which i think looks pretty nice.
    Hair type/properties:
    3c hair, high porosity, mediumdensity, low elasticity, fine hair.

Curly hair routine/regime:
    Combine the modified cg-method (low poo) and a modified tightly curly method.
    -Condition and leave in: Aubrey Organics, Giovanni Barzilian keratin and argan oil
    -Sealer: shea butter, Argan, olive and coconutoil
    -Gel: homemade flaxseed gel, Kinky curly custard, Queen Helene Curl royal shaping creme.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file