4th Day Hair??

hippiechic81hippiechic81 Posts: 1,239Registered Users
Hey All!!

So right now I usually wash my hair only 2-3 times a week and everything's great. But I've been unemployed since July and I'm worried that once I get working again, I'll have to use one of the mornings (or evenings) of work to wash my hair and it just takes FOREVER to do my hair plus I'm not always crazy how my first day hair comes out. I'm tempted to try to go an extra day without washing but by the time the 4th day comes around, my hair and scalp feel gross and my hair has usually lost most of it's shape from being styled the last 2 days. I do have a great dry shampoo (Suave Waterless Foam Shampoo-- highly recommend it!!) which I use on the 3rd day again by the 4th day, it's just yucky. I'm curious what any other wavies do to get that extra day of not-washing. Any tips?? Thanks gals!! :afro:
2a, fine-med. text, normal porosity (I think)

[FONT=Going back and forth between Herbal Essence Don't Fade On Me shampoo and condish and L'oreal Sulfate Free shampoo

Stylers-
- Not Your Mother's Curl Cream, La Bella Sports Gel, Aussie Sprunch Spray

[/COLOR][/FONT] My waves are finally getting stronger thanks to weekly PTs and longer hair in general. Still trying to grow it out though!:headbang:

mod-CG since December '10

I have Celiac's Disease so no gluten please!

My hair is basically my hobby!!

http://balancedbeauty.blogspot.com/

Comments

• curlicious13curlicious13 Posts: 1,632Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    While I'm not a wavie, this may help my wash & goes last from wash day to wash day. On wash day, I use a boat load of gel or a custard. I apply the product after my leave in. I apply it to small sections & if I really want definition I apply curl by curl. Then I sit under a warm dryer till my hair is about 90% dry. (My hair takes forever to dry because my hair is thick & low porosity) By then my hair has hardened enough to sleep in without messing up my curls. My hair is never crunchy.
  • WurlyLoxWurlyLox Posts: 4,858Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I've gotten to where I can almost always go a full week by wearing it up for the last couple of days. I've gone even longer a couple of times. Your hair starts adjusting after a little while. I do happen to be better at updos than some here seem to be, though, and I don't know if I could do it without them.

Mine's partly due to laziness and partly to a bad shoulder.
    2C/3A/3B - modified CG - fairly fine now, normal/low porosity/normal elasticity

Current Main Rotation: MG217 medicated or Aim2Health 'poos for scalp, Elucence cond., Spiral Solutions Protein & Deeply Decadent Cond., CJCCCC reg or lite,CJ Pattern Pusha,, Giovanni LA Hold Hair Spritz + lots more, sporadically

HG Method: Super Soaker + Smasters-ing, brief upside down diffusing w/360o diffuser then clips/clamps & air dry. Newly gray - stopped my henna glosses!

www.fotki.com/auntnett
  • hippiechic81hippiechic81 Posts: 1,239Registered Users
    Thanks ladies! I'm not the greatest at updo's but I'm going to try to learn some on youtube and maybe that'll help extend my hair. I washed my hair yesterday so I would normally wash it again on Saturday but I'm going to see if I can wait until Sunday. Hopefully my hair won't look too awful by then!! ;)

[FONT=Going back and forth between Herbal Essence Don't Fade On Me shampoo and condish and L'oreal Sulfate Free shampoo

Stylers-

[/COLOR][/FONT] My waves are finally getting stronger thanks to weekly PTs and longer hair in general. Still trying to grow it out though!:headbang:

• jakrussel3jakrussel3 Posts: 423Registered Users
    Day 4 (and sometimes 5) is always an updo for me too. Sally's has a really nice dry shampoo that you spray onto your roots. Doesn't leave it gunky. I currently have some of Deva's dry shampoo that I'm using. The first time I used it, it was gross and overpowering, but after that, it seemed to work better. You spray your root/scalp area and massage it in. I think the stuff from Sally's worked better for me though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Hair Properties: 2A/2B, Medium-fine, Normal porosity, Normal elasticity, Medium density
    Low Poo: DevaCare, Yes to Cuc's
    Rinse Out: DevaCare One Condition, Yes to Cuc's
    Cowash: Suave Naturals Lavender, Yes to Carrots Scalp Conditioner
    Curl Cream: AG ReCoil, Organix Moroccan Oil Curl Cream
    Gel/Mousse: Sweet Curls Elixirs FSG w/ Mag Sulfate added, Sweet Curls Elixirs hard hold gel, DevaCurl Frizz Free Foam, Aquage Uplifting Foam
    Protein: Spiral Solutions Protein Spray for daily use
    Sally's is just a cornucopia of awesomeness!!!! Right now, I"m on 3rd day hair which is totally normal for me. I'm trying to take it easy on the hair products...I have a very heavy hand when it comes to hairspray but I think that could be the main factor in my hair's ickiness come the 4th day. Today, I'm doing a small braided bun so it's up and out of my face. I'll probably do a messy top-knot tomorrow. Hopefully I can make it till Sunday!!!:occasion9:

Stylers-

• CurlieCooCurlieCoo Posts: 38Registered Users
    (unrelated post) hippiechic81, I just had to jump in real quick and say that your signature gave me a quick giggle - the line about your hair basically being your hobby. :) I've started feeling like that lately, sighing at how many products I've amassed, realizing how often I'm just keeping up with the posts on this forum because - well, there is just a lot of really great information to read here and the posters here make up an amazing community!

Anyway, thank you for the chuckle! :laughing6:
    #1 Recommendation: "Search NaturallyCurly" search function for great info:smilebox:
    ~2C/3A~ Density-High Porosity-High Texture-Medium Climate-HIGH humidity Water-Hard well
    Low-poo: Nature's Gate Tea-Tree Cond: Suave Naturals, Organic Coconut Oil Leave-in: KCKT Styling: KCSS, KCCC, Dr. Bronner's Organic Hair Creme
    CurlieCoo wrote: »
    (unrelated post) hippiechic81, I just had to jump in real quick and say that your signature gave me a quick giggle - the line about your hair basically being your hobby. :) I've started feeling like that lately, sighing at how many products I've amassed, realizing how often I'm just keeping up with the posts on this forum because - well, there is just a lot of really great information to read here and the posters here make up an amazing community!

Anyway, thank you for the chuckle! :laughing6:

Haha I'm glad I made you laugh!!! Best of luck on your hair journey!!!!!:reindeer:

Stylers-

I did it!! I have achieved 4th day hair without being sick or having a hair appointment :P. My hair doesn't look great of course, most of the waves have died but it didn't feel as gross as I thought it would. I definitely think not using as much hairspray as I usually do helped a LOT. I used some of my dry shampoo for the first time in a few days and then I teased it a bit and put it into a top knot and I really don't think you can tell I haven't washed it since Wednesday! Yay!!!!

Stylers-

• chupiechupie Posts: 5,280Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    When I use hairspray of any kind in HAVE to wash the next day. Or if a product ends up dulling my hair. Otherwise I can spritz down and revive.
    2a medium porous, You can see my wavy tutorials here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLy8bclCLgER5N_uVYSYZNxhBHSXAW40OQ and my wavy blog is The Wavy Nation http://wavynation.wordpress.com
    Yeah hairspray can cause a lot of buildup but I love it!! I'm an 80's kid AND from Jersey so it's pretty much in my blood! :P

Stylers-

• WurlyLoxWurlyLox Posts: 4,858Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I use hairspray almost everyday, but the one I use doesn't build or gunk up at all - Giovanni LA Hold Hair Spritz

I'm going to have to get some of the Sally's dry shampoo because sometimes the underside of mine gets a little oily looking - more obvious with those updos - and I have to work a little loose mineral makeup powder thru it to keep going. If I do it once, that can last for 2-3 more days, though.

I use some old L'Oreal powder that didn't work for my face, isn't white, and has no smell, unlike baby powder or other talc-y powders.
    2C/3A/3B - modified CG - fairly fine now, normal/low porosity/normal elasticity

Current Main Rotation: MG217 medicated or Aim2Health 'poos for scalp, Elucence cond., Spiral Solutions Protein & Deeply Decadent Cond., CJCCCC reg or lite,CJ Pattern Pusha,, Giovanni LA Hold Hair Spritz + lots more, sporadically

HG Method: Super Soaker + Smasters-ing, brief upside down diffusing w/360o diffuser then clips/clamps & air dry. Newly gray - stopped my henna glosses!

www.fotki.com/auntnett

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file