What happened to my hair?

GotitorDontGotitorDont Registered Users Posts: 26
I was just examining two pictures of my hair being pulled down after washing it to show it's length. The first picture was taken in February of this year, and the second picture was taken in August of this year.

Now, keep in mind that over the summer I finally started doing my own hair (before my mother has always done it) and since I've never taken care of my own hair before, it wasn't being taken care of as well. I also was swimming a lot and wasn't taking any protective measures against the chlorine. So my hair fell out to armpit length (in February it had been bra strap) :/

After a while, though, I've finally figured out how to take care of my hair, so in the August picture it's back to bra-strap. However, there is a big difference in the two pictures. In the first picture my hair was so full all the way around. Definitely thick, coarse strands! Now my hair is noticeably thinner when washed. The front of my hair is shorter (armpit length) and the strands are now medium instead of coarse. What in the world happened?

I don't even know what to do to get thick hair again because I have no idea how it happened! My ponytails are smaller. My twist-outs look smaller. And I don't know what to do. Was it puberty? (I'm a teenager). Help!
Hair type: 4b with 3c on top
High density, medium porosity, thick with medium width strands, back grows faster than front

Length: APL | BSL | MBL | WL

Comments

• BluebloodBlueblood Registered Users Posts: 1,748 Curl Neophyte
    How is your diet?

Do you notice shred hair with bulbs on it or breaking in the middle of your hair?
  • naturalhaircarenaturalhaircare Registered Users Posts: 11
    The sun and heat of the summer months can be a killer on our hair. I looked at two different pictures of myself about a year apart and noticed that I was thinning out, as well. I also noticed at one point that the drain needed cleaned much more often, and I was basically pulling a wig out of my brushes every 2 or 3 days. I went to my little Google box here and started looking for solutions. I find I have to really watch things during the summer months because the sun just drains my body of certain vitamins and minerals which ultimately leads to my hair thinning out and breaking more easily.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file