New haircut

NeirelleNeirelle Posts: 126Registered Users
Does getting haircut made your hair less curly?? Theres no deva salon in the town i live in..i just got my hair cut today and my hair felt lighter..is this bad? Or am i just not use to the fact that i have no more split ends im scared to wash my hair and have my curls gone since most of my tight curls are in the ends and not in the roots heres a before pic ImageUploadedByCurlTalk1386043396.631487.jpg

Comments

• jenn75bjenn75b Posts: 23Registered Users
    I have 3B, and getting my hair shorter/cut makes it curlier, not less curly.
  • Corrina777Corrina777 Posts: 3,204Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Whether your hair gets more or less curly at shorter lengths has a lot to do with where your curls start. Waves/looser curls sometimes need a certain amount of length for hair to show it's full pattern, so sometimes shorter hair will make hair appear less curly. There's also the possibility of the decreased weight of the hair allowing more bounce and pulling the curl tighter. I found a combination of both of these things happened when I cut my hair from BSL to lip length bob. I had some wild gravity-defying curls that actually would dry in an upward direction, and I hade sections of hair that would only get to about a 2b wave. It's one of those thing that you can't entirely predict unless you try it.
    All of that being said, while I love Deva cuts, I hate their styling technique. My hair doesn't like DevaCurl One C, and hooded driers distort my curls worse than anything. So after a Deva cut my hair has significantly less curl than normal, but that resolves once I style it myself.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    3a/f/iii
    Modified CG since 11/5/11
    CLEANSE: CJ Daily Fix, DevaCare No-Poo, CHS Treatment Shampoo
    RO: SS Caitlin's Conditioner, CJ Beauticurls Strengthening
    LI: SS Repairing Protein Treatment, CHS Silk Leave-In
    STYLE: Re:Coil, Curl Keeper, Deva Ultra Defining Gel, Curls Rock Amplifier,Sweet Curls Elixirs Okra Gel and Hard Hold Gel, SS Curl Enhancing Jelly and Firm Hold Gel
  • sixelamysixelamy Posts: 4,157Registered Users Curl Novice
    Depends on the cut and your curl pattern. I can't see your hair getting less curly with a cut, even if you went super short. It would probably curl a bit more, since there's less weight on it.
    2c-3a - med-coarse - normal-high porosity - high density
    :bunny:
    NP/LP: CJ Daily Fix, KMF Whenever / Giovanni TTTT
    RO/LI: Aussie Moist, CJ Argan & Olive Oil, Hask Keratin Protein
    DC/PROTEIN: KC Stellar Strands / CNPF
    STYLER: CJ Curl Queen
    COLOR: henna, amla & indigo
    :thumbdown:: glycerin in high/low dews, polyquat-10 & 11, parabens
  • DaniGirl88DaniGirl88 Posts: 1,583Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    My hair gets curlier when I cut it. That's one of the reasons I'm afraid of going too short. Lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

3B, fine, normal porosity, high density, medium width and length
    Conditioner: Tresemme Naturals, Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle
    Co-Wash: As I Am Coconut Co-Wash
    Leave in Products: As I Am Leave-In, SM Smoothie/Milk, KCKT, Giovanni Direct Leave-In
    Air Dry

Looking for new products and methods to try!

• JessiiLeighhJessiiLeighh Posts: 195Registered Users
    My hair gets looser when I cut it, it just depends on your individual head of hair. It could also be the styling products they used. Even seemingly harmless products can be loaded with silicone, polyquats, and waxes. I suggest washing and styling it on your own, with products you know your hair likes. If it's still looser, you might just have hair that needs more length to show full curl potential.
    :wav:
    3a, fine/med strand thickness, high density, low porosity
    CG since April 2012
    BC October 2012
    Cleanser: SheaMoisture Manuka Honey or CJ Daily Fix
    RO Conditioner: Mop Top Daily Conditioner
    Leave In: KCKT
    Stylers: Either Raw Curls Spray Gel, Raw Curls Medium Hold Gel, or MopTop Curly Custard, and always topped with Curlisto Control II Gel
    Sealer: Pure Argan Oil
  • NeirelleNeirelle Posts: 126Registered Users
    .i think im kinda glad that i got my haircut...because it made it more defined and its my first cut since i stopped straightening my hair...i was worried that my hair wont be as defined but urrggh he used razors on my hair though -.- now my hair feels thinner :/ this is what ImageUploadedByCurlTalk1387598881.033139.jpg
  • Morgan_AdcockMorgan_Adcock Posts: 2,573Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    In the photo, your hair looks beautiful!
    Peace,
    Morgan

Baby Fine 3B, low porosity, normal density and elasticity
    CGing since July 2008
  • KorkscrewKorkscrew Posts: 1,834Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    It also depends on the shape of the cut. For many of us, but not all of us (it seems), layers lift weight off the hair so that the curls are more likely to spring up or tighten.

I keep mine in layers to keep the curls tighter. When my hair is super short (1 inch or less), it literally looks straight - straight but thick. But all it needs is about 2 inches before it forms corkscrews with waves mixed in. By 3 inches it's super curly (3b/c - the c is in the crown and areas of the back). 5 to 6 inches longer and it's an overall 3b/a pattern.
  • DaniGirl88DaniGirl88 Posts: 1,583Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Neirelle wrote: »
    .i think im kinda glad that i got my haircut...because it made it more defined and its my first cut since i stopped straightening my hair...i was worried that my hair wont be as defined but urrggh he used razors on my hair though -.- now my hair feels thinner :/ this is what ImageUploadedByCurlTalk1387598881.033139.jpg

Your hair is gorgeous!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

3B, fine, normal porosity, high density, medium width and length
    Conditioner: Tresemme Naturals, Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle
    Co-Wash: As I Am Coconut Co-Wash
    Leave in Products: As I Am Leave-In, SM Smoothie/Milk, KCKT, Giovanni Direct Leave-In
    Air Dry

Looking for new products and methods to try!

• mustangbunnymustangbunny Posts: 1,033Registered Users
    Oh my gosh your hair looks beautiful. I'm going to crawl in a cave now and suffer from major curl envy.

Low-poo: Looking for a new one.
    Condish: V05 Tea Therapy, Body Shop Banana
    Leave in: Giovanni Direct Leave In
    PT: My hair needs very little. I use Suave Naturals Coconut when I need a little bit and follow up with a moisturizing conditioner.
    Styler: Giovanni LA

Go Red Wings!
    :hockey:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file