CurlTalk

Goat milk?

JeliahJeliah Posts: 248Registered Users
So I've gotten to the DIY stage of my natural hair journey and have been experimenting with a few shea butter mixes. I know goat's milk is supposed to be very moisturizing and wondered about how to use it for hair. I was thinking of using some in a shea butter mix. I know nubian heritage makes a shea butter infused with goats milk and chai. Anyone have any other suggestions or experiences with using goat milk or any milk for hair?

Comments

• KorkscrewKorkscrew Posts: 1,834Registered Users
    My first thought was that everything about a goat (meat, milk, cheese) has an incredibly strong, acrid smell. I'd be extra careful that it was a minor ingredient in whatever product, or that some equally strong fragrance offsets it. My mom used to fix us things like curried goat as a kid, along with some roti and mauby. Delicious. Now I don't really eat anything associated with goats though. /tangent
  • Morgan_AdcockMorgan_Adcock Posts: 2,573Registered Users
    Would you use fresh, canned, or dried, instant goat's milk?
    Peace,
    Morgan

Baby Fine 3B, low porosity, normal density and elasticity
    CGing since July 2008
  • sixelamysixelamy Posts: 4,156Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I'd be afraid it'd go rancid in your hair, unless you used it in a rinse or in a shorter treatment type of dealie. It can have an ammonia type of smell, which I agree isn't extremely pleasant. I use it in my homemade soap bars, but I haven't used them on my hair in quite a while because soap + hard water = gross.
    2c-3a - med-coarse - normal-high porosity - high density
    :bunny:
    NP/LP: CJ Daily Fix, KMF Whenever / Giovanni TTTT
    RO/LI: Aussie Moist, CJ Argan & Olive Oil, Hask Keratin Protein
    DC/PROTEIN: KC Stellar Strands / CNPF
    STYLER: CJ Curl Queen
    COLOR: henna, amla & indigo
    :thumbdown:: glycerin in high/low dews, polyquat-10 & 11, parabens
  • JeliahJeliah Posts: 248Registered Users
    I was planning on using dried goats milk because it seems like it would be easier to work with that way.
  • Morgan_AdcockMorgan_Adcock Posts: 2,573Registered Users
    I agree.
    Peace,
    Morgan

Baby Fine 3B, low porosity, normal density and elasticity
    CGing since July 2008