No more sun damage??

ashkins09ashkins09 Registered Users Posts: 75
I had to share this. I never protected my skin from the sun and I always went tanning pass few years only during summer time though. Even then from all the years from being outside from being a kid and never got burnt into my adult years it has tooken a toll on my skin. I got back into using my clay mask and my homemade mask. I did the mask every other day. I used the clay mask once a week and for spot treatments for my acne. I thought I would never have good skin again. I still have some acne. Acne never bothered me it was more of the redness. I'm no pro at this stuff but it works. Heres the pictures. Warning: not so appealing lol. This filter shows more of the damage than without.

Sent from my SGH-T999L using CurlTalk App
3B fine & medium, medium density,low/medium porosity, semi protein sensitive
NP: ACV
COWASH: Suave Naturals green apple and coconut
RO/LI: Tresseme Naturals, Oyin hair dew
PT/DT: Ion repair solutions, my own concoction
OIL: Coconut, grapeseed & jojoba
STYLER: LA Looks nutra curl & AVJ spritz

My disabilities don't change who I am.

Comments

• rouquinnerouquinne Registered Users Posts: 13,737 Curl Connoisseur
    the sun damage is there, lurking under the skin.
    My blog:

http://labellatestarossa.blogspot.ca/

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Registered Users Posts: 31,259 Curl Connoisseur
    rouquinne wrote: »
    the sun damage is there, lurking under the skin.

True! Once you hit about age 40, the sun damage really shows. Not to mention the potential skin cancers. It's too late for past damage, but it's a good idea to protect your skin from further damage starting now.
  • Fifi.GFifi.G Registered Users Posts: 15,490 Curl Neophyte
    ^ I agree. One needs to get their Vitamin D from the sun in, which does not take long at all, but other than that it is good to use sun protection.

I am glad you realized the damage it was doing and stopped. I have had co workers who tanned obsessively and mixed iodine with baby oil to get that orange glow. Why you want your natural tan to look fake, I do not know, but I could not get them to understand the damage they were doing. More than one person around my age had to have plastic surgery when they were in their early 20's due to extreme use of tanning beds in the 80's and early 90's. One spent 3 hours after school going to every tanning place in town, back to back. She looked 40-50 years older. It is really not worth all of that.
    When I hear terms like "hipster" I think, who told cliques they could leave high school??

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ashkins09ashkins09 Registered Users Posts: 75
    Then why did the brown spots and redness go away without those expensive machines and products that have all that stuff in it? I'm barely outside at any season as is for the past year. My gene pool is effed already anyways. The other cancers will get me before skin cancer. I'm just self conscious with bad skin. I'm only 23.

The products you have been using have probably helped clear up the surface damage, but that is different than the hidden damage. I can't remember exactly when they came out with the technology, but I can remember all the shows on it. A Deep Skin-UV Camera reveals it.

ImageUploadedByCurlTalk1385613580.049018.jpg
    ImageUploadedByCurlTalk1385613592.590406.jpg
    ImageUploadedByCurlTalk1385613619.361503.jpg
    ImageUploadedByCurlTalk1385613656.197901.jpg

I don't even want to know what my legs look like after the bad burn I got in California.
    When I hear terms like "hipster" I think, who told cliques they could leave high school??

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    And nearly a quarter of all the sun damage people get happens before age 18. I am sure I had my dose in Florida at 12. I got a blistering burn, even with sun block. Same in CA, but I burn easy.

You're not alone! :)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BluebloodBlueblood Registered Users Posts: 1,748 Curl Neophyte
    You won't see the sun damage until your 30s.

If you smoke as well it looks worse.
    Fifi I've seen pictures like that. Makes ya wonder. I would like to get that test done but no way I could afford it lol.

Yes it does, and I don't think many are getting by scott free. What do you do? Try to be careful and remain healthy. I think when it shows up differs with people. I really did not start seeing spots on my mom until she was in her early 60's. Others start to see the first signs at a younger age.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yeah that's for sure. My mom has little damage on her face but then again acne scars hide the top surface. Her arms and hands show it though. I've been using a moisturizer with SPF. I haven't had clear skin since my late teen years except the normal acne I got.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file