CurlTalk

Hair type ?

Ladyaggie17Ladyaggie17 Posts: 16Registered Users
ejyhuju5.jpg recently did big chop just wondering what hair type I have


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comments

  • PinkBeckhamPinkBeckham Posts: 5Registered Users
    Could be 3c,4a,4b do you have a picture of your hair? because you really cant tell
  • Ladyaggie17Ladyaggie17 Posts: 16Registered Users
    Could be 3c,4a,4b do you have a picture of your hair? because you really cant tell

    uta5uzud.jpga7yqutyt.jpg

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • KorkscrewKorkscrew Posts: 1,834Registered Users
    First, you are a very pretty lady :D

    In my experience posting pics at this site, sometimes trying to get the right lighting, angle and distance from the camera is tricky.

    If you could take a few more pics - front, side, and back of hair - that are close up (like the first pic you just posted), but with more even lighting, that might be more helpful. From these pics my general guess is your hair is somewhere in the 3/4 or 4 range. Your pattern/s may change as your hair gets longer too.
  • Ladyaggie17Ladyaggie17 Posts: 16Registered Users
    Korkscrew wrote: »
    First, you are a very pretty lady :D

    In my experience posting pics at this site, sometimes trying to get the right lighting, angle and distance from the camera is tricky.

    If you could take a few more pics - front, side, and back of hair - that are close up (like the first pic you just posted), but with more even lighting, that might be more helpful. From these pics my general guess is your hair is somewhere in the 3/4 or 4 range. Your pattern/s may change as your hair gets longer too.

    thanks 😄 right now I have a sew in but from my experience my hair dresser put some curl activating gel on my head after the BC and it made my curls look good I find success with mousse , and beautiful textures curling butter


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • KorkscrewKorkscrew Posts: 1,834Registered Users
    Are you in the process of growing your hair out, or is this your favored length?
  • Ladyaggie17Ladyaggie17 Posts: 16Registered Users
    Korkscrew wrote: »
    Are you in the process of growing your hair out, or is this your favored length?

    I'm growing it out. My relaxed hair was about 14 inches hopefully I can surpass that with my natural hair :)


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • KorkscrewKorkscrew Posts: 1,834Registered Users
  • Ladyaggie17Ladyaggie17 Posts: 16Registered Users
    Korkscrew wrote: »
    Maybe one day you'll post pics of your hair as it's getting longer? ;)

    Idk if this helps but this was during my transistionr6a4udazy.jpgyza2a9ud.jpgumy6umy8.jpg


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • KorkscrewKorkscrew Posts: 1,834Registered Users
    Thanks for posting those Ladyaggie. Unfortunately, it's hard to tell what your natural curl pattern is while it's transitioning (the curl pattern is usually somewhat stretched out and interrupted by the pattern of the processed hair), and also it's harder to tell when it's wet.

    But you know, those first pics of you (post-BC) really showcase your beautiful hair, and it looks tons healthier after your BC. Very nice indeed. ... So yeah, at least in my opinion, it would be easiest to type your hair in its dry state, the way it is now, w/good lighting and in close-up pics.

    You may also want to do a search at this site for info on "hair properties" if you haven't already, in terms of trying different products that might work for you :) It could help to hang out in the 4 and 3 forums too (as well as other forums of course).
  • Ladyaggie17Ladyaggie17 Posts: 16Registered Users
    Korkscrew wrote: »
    Thanks for posting those Ladyaggie. Unfortunately, it's hard to tell what your natural curl pattern is while it's transitioning (the curl pattern is usually somewhat stretched out and interrupted by the pattern of the processed hair), and also it's harder to tell when it's wet.

    But you know, those first pics of you (post-BC) really showcase your beautiful hair, and it looks tons healthier after your BC. Very nice indeed. ... So yeah, at least in my opinion, it would be easiest to type your hair in its dry state, the way it is now, w/good lighting and in close-up pics.

    You may also want to do a search at this site for info on "hair properties" if you haven't already, in terms of trying different products that might work for you :) It could help to hang out in the 4 and 3 forums too (as well as other forums of course).

    Thank you so much :)


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Ladyaggie17Ladyaggie17 Posts: 16Registered Users
    Korkscrew wrote: »
    You're welcome hon :D

    I think I finally have a good pic y8a9uqa8.jpge3y7ezeb.jpg6e2ujesy.jpgrebeny3y.jpg


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Ladyaggie17Ladyaggie17 Posts: 16Registered Users
    I had just took my braids out from my glue in on a wig cap


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • KorkscrewKorkscrew Posts: 1,834Registered Users
    Honestly, I'm still having trouble with typing based on those photos because of motion blur and that first one seems like wet hair or hair with a lot of product), but maybe someone else might be able to guess with some confidence? Sorry :?
  • Ladyaggie17Ladyaggie17 Posts: 16Registered Users
    Korkscrew wrote: »
    Honestly, I'm still having trouble with typing based on those photos because of motion blur and that first one seems like wet hair or hair with a lot of product), but maybe someone else might be able to guess with some confidence? Sorry :?

    Thanks :)


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Ladyaggie17Ladyaggie17 Posts: 16Registered Users
    9e2a9uja.jpga3y4udab.jpg6asuvupu.jpg


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • KorkscrewKorkscrew Posts: 1,834Registered Users
    Oh, that really helped me to take a better guess. My guess is you are some combo of 4a/b. Maybe someone who has or is more familiar with type 4 hair could have a guess at this too! Either way, your hair is really thick and wonderful :love4:
  • Ladyaggie17Ladyaggie17 Posts: 16Registered Users
    Korkscrew wrote: »
    Oh, that really helped me to take a better guess. My guess is you are some combo of 4a/b. Maybe someone who has or is more familiar with type 4 hair could have a guess at this too! Either way, your hair is really thick and wonderful :love4:

    Thanks I talked to my dresser and she says I have really curly hair and said 3c/4a


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • SweetRellieSweetRellie Posts: 465Registered Users
    Yep I would definitely guess 4a/4b with some little 3c curls mixed in there.
    Thick, highly porous but protein sensitive 4a hair
    Modified Curly Girl Method

    Current Staples
    Cowash/Rinse-Out: Tresemme' Flawless Curls Conditioner
    Shampoo: Maui Moisture's Curl Quench Shampoo
    DC: Eden Bodyworks Jojoba Monoi DC/Maui Moisture's Rich Honey Hair Mask
    Leave-In: Maui Moisture's Curl Milk or Shea Butter Hair Mask
    Stylers: Maui Moisture's Curl Smoothie
    Sealants: Maui Moisture's Coconut Milk Weightless Oil Mist
  • Ladyaggie17Ladyaggie17 Posts: 16Registered Users
    Yep I would definitely guess 4a/4b with some little 3c curls mixed in there.

    Thanks 😄


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk