I need help finding workout clothes

newlynaturalnewlynatural Posts: 84Registered Users
I am getting back into exercising after a loooong hiatus. I feel self-concious in the gym clothes I used to wear.

Can anyone reccomend a brand or store with reasonable prices. I do lots of cardio and will soon try spinning, so i need stuff that is good for sweaty people.

"Honey, you're so uptight, you need to do a number 7" Samantha to Charlotte on SATC

Comments

• La wavyLa wavy Posts: 52Registered Users
    Lucy.com (they also have stores everywhere) has quality stuff and they offer substantial discounts if you get on their emailing list.

Lululemon has great workout stuff. There is one in Manhattan if you're nearbye. Stuff may be considered pricier but it will last you a long,long time - through frequent washes etc. Supercute styles and colors.

If you're a catalogue shopper - both Title IX and Athletica are great options.
    Hope that helps!
  • Who Me?Who Me? Posts: 3,181Registered Users
    For cheap stuff (but still cute and stylish) I swear by Target. All my tank tops and little sweatshirts or whatever to wear home after I work out are from Target.

Although I do splurge on Nike pants (seriously, they make a difference to me!), and a particular UnderArmour sports bra that holds the girls in place like none other!
    "I don't know! I don't know why I did it, I don't know why I enjoyed it, and I don't know why I'll do it again!" -BART SIMPSON
  • lushaholiclushaholic Posts: 2,180Registered Users
    Ditto on Target!! I get my Champion stuff there and I don't think I could wear any other pants for running.

I actually got 2 super nice Nike 'cardio' tops at Macy's last week for really cheap. One was only $5.75 marked down from $40 and another was $8.75, plus a Nike jacket for $17 that was $72!! :shock: I don't normally bother with Nike because I think it's over-hyped, but these were too good deals to pass up!
    3a/2c f/mii. pics added 2/3/07
    spingbannerwk6.jpghycoffeeiconuy8.gif

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file