Teacher cuts child's hair

adthomasadthomas Registered Users Posts: 5,525 Curl Neophyte
Milwaukee teacher cuts off little girl’s natural hair as punishment, throws it away in front of her | Black Girl with Long Hair

Oh, hell no. My mom's foot would have been in teacher's butt. There is a thing called a rubberband. She could have put the child's hair up. She's in first grade for heaven's sake.:angry2:
Yes, it's real. No, you can't touch it. :wav:

Comments

• BluebloodBlueblood Registered Users Posts: 1,748 Curl Neophyte
    If the teacher can't deal with a 7 year old playing with her hair then she shouldn't be teaching as children get up to worse things.
  • multicultcurlymulticultcurly Registered Users Posts: 5,136 Curl Connoisseur
    Does anyone know what happened to the teacher? She should have assault charges filed against her ans not be able to teach. That is ridiculous. Why would she think that would be ok?

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using CurlTalk App
    3b/c, medium-coarse, low porosity, high density
    HG: Jessicurl Too Shea and Kinky Curly Curling Custard
    Shampoo: nonsulfate shampoo and Suave Naturals sulfate shampoo when needed
  • adthomasadthomas Registered Users Posts: 5,525 Curl Neophyte
    Yeah, this happened some years back. I'm going to try to find out what happened. She should have been fired immediately.
  • yakottayakotta Registered Users Posts: 41 Curl Neophyte
    Ew. People like that should just not be around children. I second that she should have been fired immediately--you never, ever lay your hand on a student out of anger/frustration/annoyance, ever.
  • sKorpio1190sKorpio1190 Registered Users Posts: 1,862 Curl Neophyte
    If I was that girls mother that teacher would NOT want me anywhere near her 😠
    Medium texture, normal porosity, normal elasticity :shock:
  • adthomasadthomas Registered Users Posts: 5,525 Curl Neophyte
  • multicultcurlymulticultcurly Registered Users Posts: 5,136 Curl Connoisseur
    Unfortunately, I do think race plays a huge part in this. I don't think the teacher would have thought it was ok to cut a white child's braid off. I just get that feeling. Also, this teacher should have been immediately suspended without pay once it was proven that she did cut the student's hair.

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using CurlTalk App
    3b/c, medium-coarse, low porosity, high density
    HG: Jessicurl Too Shea and Kinky Curly Curling Custard
    Shampoo: nonsulfate shampoo and Suave Naturals sulfate shampoo when needed
  • chupiechupie Registered Users Posts: 5,280 Curl Connoisseur
    I believe that would be assault.
    2a medium porous, You can see my wavy tutorials here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLy8bclCLgER5N_uVYSYZNxhBHSXAW40OQ and my wavy blog is The Wavy Nation http://wavynation.wordpress.com
  • jakrussel3jakrussel3 Registered Users Posts: 423
    I have ADD. I played with my hair a lot in class (twirling it around a finger, etc) because the tactile stimulation helped me FOCUS. Regardless, what a cruel thing for a teacher to do. She should have been straight up FIRED.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Hair Properties: 2A/2B, Medium-fine, Normal porosity, Normal elasticity, Medium density
    Low Poo: DevaCare, Yes to Cuc's
    Rinse Out: DevaCare One Condition, Yes to Cuc's
    Cowash: Suave Naturals Lavender, Yes to Carrots Scalp Conditioner
    Curl Cream: AG ReCoil, Organix Moroccan Oil Curl Cream
    Gel/Mousse: Sweet Curls Elixirs FSG w/ Mag Sulfate added, Sweet Curls Elixirs hard hold gel, DevaCurl Frizz Free Foam, Aquage Uplifting Foam
    Protein: Spiral Solutions Protein Spray for daily use
  • okyouwinokyouwin Registered Users Posts: 157
    I teach preschool and there is no way this is even remotely ok! Kids play with their hair-deal with it! Pull her aside later and talk to her, offer a hair tie, talk to the parent...so many other choices could have been made here...
    I'm going to go ahead and say 3a
    fine/medium texture and a bit porous-I color
    Spring routine: Renpure luxurious argan oil shampoo/Loreal Advanced Care Color conditioner , HETT gel
    Microfiber towel/diffuse
    Trying KKCC
  • Lady_CreoleLady_Creole NYer in Austin, TexasRegistered Users Posts: 400 Curl Neophyte
    adthomas wrote: »
    Milwaukee teacher cuts off little girl’s natural hair as punishment, throws it away in front of her | Black Girl with Long Hair

Oh, hell no. My mom's foot would have been in teacher's butt. There is a thing called a rubberband. She could have put the child's hair up. She's in first grade for heaven's sake.:angry2:

Oh, my...that would have been a extremely expensive lawsuit! She would have to pay for my child's improved lifestyle, trust fund AND Master's Degree, as well as a vehicle throughout...SMH!
    My hair is "exotic, beautiful and free",,,yeah, that be ME!!!
    3B/C - Easy to straighten, [no heat ever/no protect. styling].

Low Porosity/Medium Density
    Mid Width/BSL-stretched/
    BC - 12/2012

I am a "Co-Wash/Finger Comb Lady!
    Scalp Cleanser - SM ABS Purification Hair Masque
    Co-wash - Tresemme Naturals
    Hydration - SM CH
    Curl & Style Milk
    LOC - Organic Coconut Oil
    Styler - SM CH Curl Smoothie
    Deep Cond. - SM Yucca & Plantain Masque
  • lovtanialovtania Registered Users Posts: 60
    Thats not Cool.
  • DaniGirl88DaniGirl88 St. LouisRegistered Users Posts: 1,583 Curl Neophyte
    Wow. I would have been furious!!! I can't imagine any of my teachers taking that kind of initiative and doing such a thing. Unbelievable really.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

3B, fine, normal porosity, high density, medium width and length
    Conditioner: Tresemme Naturals, Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle
    Co-Wash: As I Am Coconut Co-Wash
    Leave in Products: As I Am Leave-In, SM Smoothie/Milk, KCKT, Giovanni Direct Leave-In
    Air Dry

Looking for new products and methods to try!

• CurlyWhirlyyCurlyWhirlyy Registered Users Posts: 5
    I wanted to make sure everyone is aware of some critical information regarding this story: This occurred four years ago (in 2009). They took the matter seriously. The teacher in question no longer works for the district. I also think that this is the only thing that could happened. I cannot imagine what the teacher was thinking!!
  • CurlyTeacher88CurlyTeacher88 Registered Users Posts: 7
    I'm a teacher and I'm in shock after reading this!! I can't believe an educator would do that to a child. We got in this profession because we love children (Because it certainly wasn't for the money!!!), not to hurt them!

I can't believe this teacher didn't get sued!
  • DorothyDaltDorothyDalt Registered Users Posts: 28
    The teacher was frustrated though.....therefore if the mother similarly "gets frustrated" maybe she could beat the teacher senseless, and that would be ok, because she was frustrated.

The whole thing is revolting. The Mother is right. The teacher should not be teaching.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file