New Challenge! TWA to SL in 1 year!

asagiasagi Registered Users Posts: 194
Hey guys today marks 1 month since I BC and I wanted to challenge myself to grow my hair to SL within a year. I was a little pass SL before my BC so I'd like to return to that length. I am also going to make sure that my hair is in top health the whole way and when I reach my goal. Anyone here would like to join me? Measurement is on the 18th of every month and pictures every 3 months. Anyone joining please add your picture so we can see where you are before you start. Here's my picture:
Curl type: 3C/4A
Strand thickness: Fine-Medium-Thick
Porosity: low to medium to high (depends on where on my head)
Density: medium - high
Co-wash :Tresemme's Naturals Conditioner
Moisturizer: Aunt Jackie's Girls Baby Girl Curls: Curling & Twisting Custard
DC: Profectiv Mega Growth Anti-Breaking Strengthing DC
PT: Hair Mayonaise/Coconut Oil
Sealant: Jamican Black Castor oil
Gel: Uncle Funky's Daughter Curly Magic

Comments

• Arikari21Arikari21 Registered Users Posts: 4
    I would like to join! I was looking for someone who was a similar length as me. I have been shaving my head since January, but now I think I want to grow it out.
    I'm not good with measuring my hair, especially at this length, but I'll try.

This was about a week and a half ago. Don't mind my facial expression; I was pretty buzzed :/
  • asagiasagi Registered Users Posts: 194
    Arikari21 wrote: »
    I would like to join! I was looking for someone who was a similar length as me. I have been shaving my head since January, but now I think I want to grow it out.
    I'm not good with measuring my hair, especially at this length, but I'll try.

This was about a week and a half ago. Don't mind my facial expression; I was pretty buzzed :/

Hey Arikari21 welcome aboard! Glad to have you on the journey :)
    So my hair is growing fairly fast, according to my acquaintances, but it isn't curling up yet; the back is getting wavy though. Needless to say, my hair looks awkward. I keep wearing scarves on my head because it won't curl up too much yet. Are there any products anyone might recommend to get my hair to lay down and look cute at the same time?
    Arikari21 wrote: »
    So my hair is growing fairly fast, according to my acquaintances, but it isn't curling up yet; the back is getting wavy though. Needless to say, my hair looks awkward. I keep wearing scarves on my head because it won't curl up too much yet. Are there any products anyone might recommend to get my hair to lay down and look cute at the same time?

hmmm well there's Eco Styler Gel. Alot of people says it works for them. I personally use Curls Unleashed Curl Boosting Jelly since it doesn't have such a short list of conditioners that it plays nice with. It depends on you and your wallet. Eco Styler gel is much much cheaper than CU's Jelly.
    it's not the 18th, but I like my hair right now. Just using Organix argan oil conditioner.
    Wow your hair grows fast! I forgot to post my pics here on the 18th. So far I'm happy with my growth. It's been two months! First pic is of 2 weeks after BC (October 18th) and 2nd is on the 18th december.
  • KurlyKitty16KurlyKitty16 Registered Users Posts: 3
    Wow I'd like to join. I'm 4 months post BC. I don't know if I'll be shoulder length in a year. We Will see. Can we use growth aids?
    Wow I'd like to join. I'm 4 months post BC. I don't know if I'll be shoulder length in a year. We Will see. Can we use growth aids?

Yep you can use anything you want to achieve the length goal. Welcome aboard!
    Hey guys it's the 18th but my phone's camera's gone :( I'll have to post my pics later. How has the growth been going? How much growth did you get? Were you able to keep all of it?
    Been really busy with school and the like, but here is my hair. I started wearing a silk bonnet and bought some hair oil that I use after I condition sometimes. My friends think it's growing fast, but I still don't see it.
    edit brushed out just now
  • hottcurlshottcurls Registered Users Posts: 4
    Hey I wanna join you guys too. I just bc 1/1/14 after transitioning.

luvmycurlz
  • hottcurlshottcurls Registered Users Posts: 4
    Here's my length now

luvmycurlz

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file