"Read all posts by..." Still Doesn't Work

rainboerainboe Posts: 284Registered Users Curl Neophyte
Ok, I know this has been reported before. But it's usually just followed by another member giving the OP the work-around method. It's been a problem for a really long time, and I was wondering if this was going to be addressed by the tech people. Is this ever going to get fixed? Obviously, the problem is that you can't access previous posts through someone's public profile. The "Read all posts by..." button does not work, and takes you to an error message that says "Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms." This can be especially frustrating if I want to look at my own older posts. Sometimes I have to post something new just to be able to click my name in the thread and use the drop down menu. It's probably one of the most frustrating things with this website to me. It has been a nuisance that lots of members have had to work around for over a year.

I don't know about how the website works. But, it seems like the only problem is that the link is broken. The in-post drop down menu "Find more posts by..." has the correct link, and the Public Profile "Read all posts by..." has the wrong link. The difference is really minor, see?
[SIZE=1]Working Link: http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/search.php?do=finduser&u=105363
Broken Link: http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/search.php?searchid=105363[/SIZE]
So, once again I don't know how the site is set up. Maybe there would be some problem with editing the public profile template, or maybe that would require site down time to update. Maybe this is something outside of the direct control of the NaturallyCurly web team, like a bug with the company that designs the forum. I know this is a long-standing issue, but i thought I'd see if there has ever been progress on it. I love this website. I know that this particular issue isn't a very big deal, but it is something I've seen people comment on a lot.
Fine Texture, Normal Porosity, Normal Elasticity. Dyed to brown a few months ago.
Lowpoo: Trader Joe's TTT Shampoo
Rinse Out:
Yes to Carrots, AOHR, Aubrey Organics Rosemary Peppermint
LI: Yes to Carrots
Stylers: Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie, LA Looks Sports, Suave Professionals Captivating Curls Whipped Mousse

Comments

• atx_eveatx_eve Posts: 278Registered Users Administrator
    thanks rainboe!

This definitely affects the experience of using CurlTalk. Once any bugs associated with the homepage redesign are fixed (we're in the home stretch) tech will move on to Curltalk and the CurlyNikki forum.

I'm compiling a list with the major issues that I as an admin can't fix and sending that along to them.

I appreciate the detail you provided! Helps me a lot :thumbleft:
    :hiding: NaturallyCurly.com Social Media + Community Manager | [email protected] | Happy To Be Nappy | Kenyan With The Slowest Mile Time | Magical Black Girl
    Update: we've started rolling out updates to CurlyNikki forums. And I have added this particular issue of "read all posts" as bug.
    :hiding: NaturallyCurly.com Social Media + Community Manager | [email protected] | Happy To Be Nappy | Kenyan With The Slowest Mile Time | Magical Black Girl
  • JusduitJusduit Posts: 578Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    rainboe, check to make sure you're actually logged in. It works okay for me if I'm logged in but I get the same message as you if I'm not.
    3a (protein sensitive)
    Fine, normal porosity, normal elasticity

Cleansers: Mop-C Hydrating Shampoo, JCGLS
    Conditioners: CJCR, TJTTT
    Leave-in: CJCR, CK Satin Roots
    Stylers: UFDCM, CJPP
    Standby items:GVP K-Pak
  • rainboerainboe Posts: 284Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Jusduit wrote: »
    rainboe, check to make sure you're actually logged in. It works okay for me if I'm logged in but I get the same message as you if I'm not.

I'm still experiencing the issue, even when I'm logged in. I know this is something other users have had a problem with too for a pretty long time. Just going to hope the tech people can get it all sorted. :toothy4: I'm sure they will try recreating it, so if it's something unique to certain users they'll be able to figure that out.

Thanks for adding the issue as a bug, atx_eve. I was really trying not to be pushy, because it's only a minor thing.
    Fine Texture, Normal Porosity, Normal Elasticity. Dyed to brown a few months ago.
    Lowpoo: Trader Joe's TTT Shampoo
    Rinse Out:
    Yes to Carrots, AOHR, Aubrey Organics Rosemary Peppermint
    LI: Yes to Carrots
    Stylers: Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie, LA Looks Sports, Suave Professionals Captivating Curls Whipped Mousse
    not pushy at all! it's what I'm here for :hello2:

the same thing actually happens to me when I'm logged in, so that's helpful. Tech usually asks that I recreate the issue, so at least I'm able to do that for this particular problem.
    Hello all,

I just tested it out and was able to see all my CT posts when I clicked "read all posts" on my user profile.

Let me know if it works for you too!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file