Frizz

BeepBeepImAJeepBeepBeepImAJeep Posts: 18Registered Users
Anyone know any good homemade remedies for frizzy hair?

Comments

• SereneCurlsSereneCurls Posts: 1,145Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    3a, dense, fairly coarse, normal porosity and elasticity, just below shoulder
    Low poo: Giovanni 50 50
    Co-wash: aia, suave coconut, salon care
    R O: Tresume Naturals, gvpcb
    L I: KCKT, gvpcb
    Stylers: cjpp, re : coil, kccc, brhg
    Oils: coconut, argan
    Experimenting with: curls rock amplifier, pantene mousse
  • BotticelliBritBotticelliBrit Posts: 2,075Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I think the biggest help for me in terms of frizz, was deep conditioning once a week, finding a good leave-in, doing baptism rinses and, most importantly, finding a really good gel!
    3B. Med porosity. Med thickness. Med density.

LP: Shea Moisture (currently JBCO)
    Conditioner/CW: Jason Aloe Vera

LI: Aunt Jackie's Curls & Coils Quench
    Refreshing: TRESemmé Naturals Aloe Vera & Avocado
    Gel: DevaCurl Ultra Defining Gel
    DC:
    Aunt Jackie's Soft & Sassy Super Duper Softening Conditioner
    Treatments: Coconut oil/Coconut milk

UK curly. CG since Oct 2013.
    Growing my hair to WL when dry :thumright:
  • fefe912fefe912 Posts: 570Registered Users
    aloe vera juice rinse or apple cider vinegar rinse definitely google them for specific details. Everyone has their own way of using it I do a half and half mixture and do my rinse after I wash my hair and before I put in my leave in conditioner.
  • kolochitakolochita Posts: 118Registered Users
    Three recipes to combat frizz that I learned from Andrea's choice (YouTube) are:
    -coconut milk with lemon juice
    -natural yogurt and honey
    -olive oil with regular conditioner

I've only ever tried the third one (together with honey cause my hair just loves it), but I think I will try the second one next time I wash.

Sent from my GT-S6310N using CurlTalk App
    Latina

Type: 3a
    Dense, fine/medium texture, low porosity

Low-poo: Devacurl No-Poo/ Yes to Carrots Nourishing Shampoo/ Elacel Aloe Vera Shampoo
    Conditioner: Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition Conditioner
    Leave-in: Devacurl Set It Free/Lush R& B
    Styling: Herbal Essences Set Me Up Spray-Gel/ L'Oreal Silk & Gloss Curl Power Mousse
  • Curly SaraCurly Sara Posts: 183Registered Users
    It depends on your hairproperties.
    You just have to try different things to find out what works for your hair. I have 3c higly porous hair which loves protein and moisture. I have tried different things but this is the most effective way to combate frizz for me:
    -get rid of sulfate shampoos and hairproducts containing silicons. Sulfates strip the hair of moisture. If you use siliconproducts you need to use a sulfate shampoo to prevent hair build up. Try sulphate free shampoos instead or try cowashing only (cg method). I follow a moderate cg method by rinsing my hair with s sulfate and silicone free shampoo once or twice a months and cowash in between.
    -use dt once a week by mixing egg, honey, olive oil and castor oil which i leave on my hair for at least one hour.
    -do hot oil treatment twice a month.
    -a henna treatment mixed with lemonjuice, honey, olive oil, water and coconut milk once a month. It works like a longlasting dt.
    -Otherwise i always make sure to apply a conditioner as a leave in in soaking wet hair after a shower, seal with coconut or oil oil and apply little gel for hold. This does wonders for frizzy hair if you apply this in sections on soaking wet hair. You get defined soft curls with minimum frizz.
    -protective styles to maintain long hair and less breakage. I often do braid or twist outs. Especially in winter times (up to -20 degrees here) when i dont want to go out with wet hair down.
    Hair type/properties:
    3c hair, high porosity, mediumdensity, low elasticity, fine hair.

Curly hair routine/regime:
    Combine the modified cg-method (low poo) and a modified tightly curly method.
    -Condition and leave in: Aubrey Organics, Giovanni Barzilian keratin and argan oil
    -Sealer: shea butter, Argan, olive and coconutoil
    -Gel: homemade flaxseed gel, Kinky curly custard, Queen Helene Curl royal shaping creme.
  • curlicious13curlicious13 Posts: 1,632Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I would be careful with 'sulfate free' shampoos as well. I just finished one that claimed to be 'sulfate free'. It dried out my hair leaving me with a whole lot of frizz. Now I'm using cleansing conditioners that are chemically designed to clean the hair.
  • BeepBeepImAJeepBeepBeepImAJeep Posts: 18Registered Users
    Oh my goodness thank you so much!
    The yogurt and honey worked wonders!
    Wow, so glad it worked! Now I MUST try it myself!
    Latina

Low-poo: Devacurl No-Poo/ Yes to Carrots Nourishing Shampoo/ Elacel Aloe Vera Shampoo
    Styling: Herbal Essences Set Me Up Spray-Gel/ L'Oreal Silk & Gloss Curl Power Mousse
  • Curly SaraCurly Sara Posts: 183Registered Users
    Oh my goodness thank you so much!
    The yogurt and honey worked wonders!

I have tried it as well where i added an egg. Works pretty well as a homemade protein treatment on my protein craving hair.
    Hair type/properties:
    3c hair, high porosity, mediumdensity, low elasticity, fine hair.

Curly hair routine/regime:
    Combine the modified cg-method (low poo) and a modified tightly curly method.
    -Condition and leave in: Aubrey Organics, Giovanni Barzilian keratin and argan oil
    -Sealer: shea butter, Argan, olive and coconutoil
    -Gel: homemade flaxseed gel, Kinky curly custard, Queen Helene Curl royal shaping creme.
  • wavynikkiwavynikki Posts: 27Registered Users
    All I do is heat coconut oil up and cover my hair in it. Then sometimes I apply heat to it. Then I cover it and leave it overnight. In the morning I just wash it out with shampoo. And proceed with regular styling
  • Firefox7275Firefox7275 Posts: 3,750Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Egg is not a protein treatment. To be useful to hair protein must be hydrolysed: gelatin is the only rich food source.

Egg yolk is loaded with fatty acids and lecithin, many use it alongside other ingredients that affect hair such as oils or weak acids.
    2a-2c, medium texture, porous/ colour treated. Three years CG. Past bra strap length heading for waist.

CO-wash: Inecto coconut/ Elvive Volume Collagen
    Treatments: Komaza Care Matani, coconut/ sweet almond/ fractionated coconut oils, Hairveda Sitrinillah
    Leave in: Fructis Sleek & Shine (old), Gliss Ultimate Volume, various Elvive
    Styler: Umberto Giannini jelly, Au Naturale styling gelee
    Flour sack towel, pixie diffuse or air dry.
    Experimenting with: benign neglect
  • SortaRicanSortaRican Posts: 310Registered Users
    kolochita wrote: »
    Three recipes to combat frizz that I learned from Andrea's choice (YouTube) are:
    -coconut milk with lemon juice
    -natural yogurt and honey
    -olive oil with regular conditioner

I've only ever tried the third one (together with honey cause my hair just loves it), but I think I will try the second one next time I wash.

I know this post is a little old so hopefully you see this. Do you have a link to the video? I'm interested in trying some different DTs.
    3b/3c
    Fine, Long, High Density, Normal Porosity, Normal Elasticity

Products
    CoWash: YTC Nourishing Conditioner/AO Honeysuckle Rose
    LI: GDLI
    Styler: KCCC
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Heyy! I only just saw your message..if uou haven't found the video on youtube here's the link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cq4GUFBRnhM&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Latina

• SpiralliSpiralli Posts: 3,684Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I think the biggest help for me in terms of frizz, was deep conditioning once a week, finding a good leave-in, doing baptism rinses and, most importantly, finding a really good gel!

What is a baptism rinse?
    Type: 3b/3c (i), below shoulder length.
    CO wash: A-O GPB LYY, Desert Essence Coconut, Oribe Silverati
    Leave-ins: Curl Junkie Beauti-Curls, KCKT, cno overnight
    Styling: BRHG, MGA Sculpting Gel, A-O Mandarin Magic Gel, LOTD AVG, LALSG, CJ Pattern Pusha
    DT: Curl Junkie Deep Fix, Briogeo Don't Despair Repair!
  • KauaiMareCurlKauaiMareCurl Posts: 317Registered Users
    I think the baptism rinse is where you cup your hands, fill with water, then carefully lower your hair into the water in your cupped hands OR take this cupped water and sprinkle it on your hair. So, it's not completely rinsing out the conditioner.

I don't bother with a baptismal rinse, my LI goes on my hair and I distribute it throughout with either my hands or wide toothed comb.
  • BluebloodBlueblood Posts: 1,748Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Actually the baptism rinse is simply not rinsing out all your conditioner.

So you can do it with cupped hands as described above, or simply move your head from the water stream in the shower before all your conditioner is rinsed out
  • BotticelliBritBotticelliBrit Posts: 2,075Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Yeah, as mentioned by the ladies above it's just the act of not washing out your conditioner entirely. Whether you cup water in your hands and sprinkle it over your head, or stand under the shower and just rinse out a little (the way I prefer), it's up to you. The point is simply to leave the conditioner in your hair.

This provides a lot of extra moisture etc. and means you don't have to use a leave-in :) it's great for the harsher winter months.
    3B. Med porosity. Med thickness. Med density.

LP: Shea Moisture (currently JBCO)
    Conditioner/CW: Jason Aloe Vera

LI: Aunt Jackie's Curls & Coils Quench
    Refreshing: TRESemmé Naturals Aloe Vera & Avocado
    Gel: DevaCurl Ultra Defining Gel
    DC:
    Aunt Jackie's Soft & Sassy Super Duper Softening Conditioner
    Treatments: Coconut oil/Coconut milk

UK curly. CG since Oct 2013.
    Growing my hair to WL when dry :thumright:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list