Going to blonde

AnsleyBirch13AnsleyBirch13 Registered Users Posts: 180
I want to go lighter. Currently my hair is awkwardly ombré and different colors all over, don't know why because I've never colored it haha. Anyways, I want to go blonder. What's the best way to do this? I don't think I'd ever dye it, so maybe highlights? And if so, should I get them all over? Thanks:)

Comments

• frankie88frankie88 Registered Users Posts: 106
    Go to a salon!! Blonde is the hardest color to achieve and must be done by a professional for the best results. I was platinum blonde over the summer. First I got a half set of highlights, then went back for a full set, and then just kept adding more in until I got the color I wanted. Do not try to do it on your own!!! I suffered with orange hair most of my high school years because I tried to do it my self.
    2a/2b, Medium Porosity, Medium Density, Lower Back Length, Growing out highlights.
    Shampoo: SMMR Conditioner: SMMR or Organix Keratin Oil Leave In: Organix Shea Butter DC: Coconut oil, Olive Oil, Jojoba oil mixed all together with v05 conditioner.
    “Imperfection is beauty.”
    ― Marilyn Monroe
  • AnsleyBirch13AnsleyBirch13 Registered Users Posts: 180
    I would never do it myself! I'm not bold enough to haha. How damaging is it to get a full set of highlights?
    My hair felt dry afterwards, even with just the half set. So I would deep condition every 3 days until it felt like it was healthy again. Usually after about two weeks it will start to feel better. Then I would just do it weekly. Three months later, and you can't even tell any damage was ever done to my hair.
    2a/2b, Medium Porosity, Medium Density, Lower Back Length, Growing out highlights.
    Shampoo: SMMR Conditioner: SMMR or Organix Keratin Oil Leave In: Organix Shea Butter DC: Coconut oil, Olive Oil, Jojoba oil mixed all together with v05 conditioner.
    ― Marilyn Monroe
  • AnsleyBirch13AnsleyBirch13 Registered Users Posts: 180
    Ok! How often should i get highlights done/touched up?
    It depends on how fast your hair grows. My salon recommended every 3 weeks but that is bull. Waste of money. I would go every two months. It also depends on if you don't mind your dark roots showing.
    ― Marilyn Monroe

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file