CurlTalk

Roller-setting 3b hair -- what products to use??

CSaint407CSaint407 Posts: 30Registered Users
It's been 2 years since I've worn my hair straight. I have gotten my fine thin porous hair back in the best condition it has been in in many years by using the most natural products I can find...no silicones, no sulfates, no drying alcohols, lessened use of PVPs. I've added protein treatments, learned to balance moisture to protein, as well as incorporated natural oils: EVCO, Grapeseed oil, Vatika oil and Castor oil for a variety of purposes like pre-poo'ing, sealing and conditioning.

Now that fall/winter is here I want to wear it straight BUT I do not want to lose the curl health/definition I have achieved (of course wink.gif). I'm leaning towards a roller-set (always got smoother longer set) instead of doing a blow-out/flat-iron to straighten. I may need to touch up roots or smooth a little w/ flat-iron after roller-set.

MY QUESTION is: What products should I use to "set" my roller set that do not contain all of the silicones and drying alcohol? As well, what do I use for heat protection?

Any experience/advice/youtube recommendations would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks and HAPPY MONDAY!
3b/a
Fine Texture
Medium Density
Color Treated
High Porosity
Medium Long Length

Comments

• jadorecurlyjadorecurly Posts: 5Registered Users
    I am sitting under my hood dryer as we speak and my hair is set. I purchased ALTERNA Caviar CC Cream for Hair 10-in-1 last week in Sephora in hope of it protecting my hair( I would also like to bump this thread as well) I will post back with the results! Im super nervous since I have been a religious CG for the past eight months.
  • CSaint407CSaint407 Posts: 30Registered Users
    I am sitting under my hood dryer as we speak and my hair is set. I purchased ALTERNA Caviar CC Cream for Hair 10-in-1 last week in Sephora in hope of it protecting my hair( I would also like to bump this thread as well) I will post back with the results! Im super nervous since I have been a religious CG for the past eight months.

Please Jadorecurly, post your results! Thanks for responding.
    3b/a
    Fine Texture
    Medium Density
    Color Treated
    High Porosity
    Medium Long Length