CurlTalk

2nd Day Blues

2BeOrNot2B2BeOrNot2B Posts: 133Registered Users
When I wake up my hair is wild! Especially the back. It's snarly and frizzy. I haven't been able to find a method to get the knots and snarls out while calming the frizzies. I end up brushing it and I have a puffy pyramid.....yuck. My hair only looks good the day I wash it.
Does anyone who has similar hair qualities as mine find a way to do 2nd+ day styling? I would appreciate your feedback.

2a/2b combo, Med.texture, thick, normal porosity and elasticity. Dry, color treated.
I'm still sulfate/cone free.

Comments

• 09robiha09robiha Posts: 683Registered Users
    You need to prevent the snarly frizz while you sleep since there is no way of getting the knots out really, until you wash and re-detangle in the shower...

If you feel okay doing this everyday and your hair doesn't mind, go for it! Lots of people on this board wash their hair everyday.

However if you are prone to OC and prefer not to wash everyday, I would suggest pineappling, a satin pillow case or braids :)
    Mixture of 2c/3a curls, fine to med texture

:love5: PROTEIN LOVER!!! :love5:

Wishing my hair would be more like this
    > :angel13:
    and less like this
    > :evil5:
  • WavyMaurWavyMaur Posts: 46Registered Users
    I'm not washing it everyday, but I find I am wetting it down in the shower. just need to get it saoked to style it, can't seem to do it with a spritz on the 2nd day, wish I could.
    2C * Normal Porosity * Medium Density * Chin Length

Still playing with products ( using mostly Deva right now)

Working on finding my inner curl.
  • CurlyGrey3CurlyGrey3 Posts: 508Registered Users
    Pineappling makes a HUGE difference in my second day hair. I use regular pillowcases.
    Salt & pepper wavy mix 2B/2C
    Low to normal porosity, coarse, kinky, normal elasticity
    Current favorites:
    Low poo: Yes To Cukes Color Protection (the no sulfate one)
    Conditioners: Renpure MPHIP, CJ Smoothing Lotion, AB LI, CJ Curl Rehab, CJ Argan/Olive, Darcy's Pumpkin
    Style: FSG, BRHG
    Pre-poo/DT: Conditioner with honey & coconut oil

iHerb discount code: PNQ285
  • AKgirlAKgirl Posts: 341Registered Users
    I second pineappling at night. I also lightly smooth and scrunch in SM volumizing leave in at night about 30 min before I pineapple. It usually helps my hair from drying out and frizzing up.
    2a-2bFii NP?

Low poo: Deva Low-Poo, Jessicurl GLS, Moroccanoil Volumizing Shampoo, Aveda Be Curly
    Condish: Cure Care, Redken Body Full, Deva One C, and Jessicurl Aloeba
    LI: Aveda Be Curly Style Prep <3
    Products: Deva FFVF & Jessicurl Spiralicious (LOVE), TRESemme Curl Boosting Mousse
    Hairspray: Aussie Sprunch, TRESemme Curl
    locking Spray
    Experimenting with lots of products in my cabinet...

My hair loves protein, plopping, and diffusing! Trying to find a way to style and air dry.
  • KauaiMareCurlKauaiMareCurl Posts: 317Registered Users
    I pineapple & sleep with a silk cap (long) which I have found to be the best combo for me.
  • chloe92uschloe92us Posts: 1,203Registered Users
    I've been CG almost a year and am just now getting to the point of regular multi-day hair. I use a regular pillowcase. Before I get ready for bed, I smooth on a light hold gel (CJ PP, UFD CM, KMF UM, SS CEJ, etc), and let it form a slight gel cast before I put it up in a pineapple. In the morning, I smooth on a little more of the same gel, fluff the roots, shake my head a couple times, and go!
    2C/ Coarse/ Normal porosity/ SW Florida/ Salt & Pepper
    Cleanse: AIA cowash, TJ Tea Tree Condish
    Condish: JC Too Shea, Tresemme Botanique
    Stylers: flax/okra gel or KCCC + CJ PP or JC Spiralicious
    Experimenting with Got2B Ultra gel and loving it so far!
  • jakrussel3jakrussel3 Posts: 423Registered Users
    I pineapple at night too. Even when my hair was shorter, I pineappled as much as I could get into the ponytail holder. The next day, I typically take down the pineapple and smooth some leave in conditioner over the canopy. 90% of the time that's enough. The other 10% of the time, I end up spritzing a mix of water and leave in conditioner on my hair and diffusing. I can usually get to day 3 hair that way. Then day 4 I either wash or wear it up.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Hair Properties: 2A/2B, Medium-fine, Normal porosity, Normal elasticity, Medium density
    Low Poo: DevaCare, Yes to Cuc's
    Rinse Out: DevaCare One Condition, Yes to Cuc's
    Cowash: Suave Naturals Lavender, Yes to Carrots Scalp Conditioner
    Curl Cream: AG ReCoil, Organix Moroccan Oil Curl Cream
    Gel/Mousse: Sweet Curls Elixirs FSG w/ Mag Sulfate added, Sweet Curls Elixirs hard hold gel, DevaCurl Frizz Free Foam, Aquage Uplifting Foam
    Protein: Spiral Solutions Protein Spray for daily use
    My hair looks better on day two than day one; I usually sleep in a pineapple and a long silk sleep cap. Today I have day three hair, which is meh, but it's because I slept in a pineapple without the silk sleep cap (late night, too tired) with satin pillowcase

And even day four hair is better than it was pre-CG on day one :-)
    It took 11 months CG to get multi-day hair. The color looks washed out due to the lighting; it's day three hair
    ImageUploadedByCurlTalk1384125799.511190.jpg
  • KrisHousley13KrisHousley13 Posts: 50Registered Users
    so I'm not the only one who hasn't got the second da hair down yet. been cg since march. not happy you're having issues, but happy im not alone
    2b/2c, Med density, Med Porosity, Fine/Med width, Med length, layers start below ears. Just my shot in the dark for my hair properties. Growing out bleached highlights Fall 2012, growing out dyed hair March 2013. Makes for a confusing mix of properties. Learning how different processes affect hair properties. Using lot of drugstore products right now. Determining what's right for my hair in my climate. Pittsburgh has a little bit of everything weather wise. Modified CGM since March 2013.
  • HeathernatorHeathernator Posts: 45Registered Users
    I pineapple my hair before bed. The next morning after I take it down I wet my hands and gently smooth over the top. It is usually still a bit frizzy (so is my day one hair, fairly new to cg and still a work in progress :) ) but it is wavier than on day one.

P.S. It is kind of small, but my new avatar pic is my best hair day yet! This is second day hair styled as mentioned above.
    Fine/Med texture, normal porosity and elasticity (I think)
    2a(maybe 2b on a good day?)
    Current routine:
    Shampoo: Tresemme Smooth & Silky
    Conditioner: Tresemme Smooth & Silky
    Leave-In: Kinky Curly Knot Today
    Gel: Herbal Essence Set Me Up
    Mousse: Herbal Essence Totally Twisted