Lurker-turned-poster

yakottayakotta Registered Users Posts: 41 Curl Neophyte
Hey everyone! I've been lurking here since late April/early May of this year, but finally signed up for an account to start asking some more specific questions.

First I want to thank everyone on here because I've found all this information super helpful. When I first found you guys I had zero idea what to do with my hair. My almost-shoulder-length hair is the longest it's been since I cut it chin-length at 13. After a few years of being attached to my straightener, I went pixie because it's a) super cute and b) the ultimate wake up and go (seriously I went years without a single tangle). Now that I'm growing my hair out, I didn't actually know what to do with it, or what it's even supposed to look like. So that's been fun.

But! I know I can have gorgeous beautiful hair like all the lovely curlies on this site. I just need to figure out what my hair needs.

Comments

• kathymackkathymack Registered Users Posts: 9,999 Curl Neophyte
    It's really important to know your hair properties. It helps with choosing ingredients/products. Here's a link to help you with yours Curly Hair Basics | Live Curly Live Free Once you determine your properties, you can look for others with hair like yours and see what they use and do. It's a good place to start.

Other factors include weather (dewpoint), water and technique.
    3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
    SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file