New wavy!

nataliewavenataliewave Registered Users Posts: 15
Hello, though I'd say hi. :) I have been ignoring my hair big time, after several pregnancies it's changed a lot and I recently realized I've lost almost all the curl from my hair! It has been so dry and limp and awful. I discovered CG and this site so here I am, in info overload. My hair varies anywhere from 2a-2c (mostly flat right now), it's very thin and looks drab and dragged down by products. I'm a beauty-stuff newb even at 31, I just started trying out makeup and finding a skin care regime too... now it's my hair I need to work on! I don't intend to go no-poo, I keep reading that wavies tend to do better with shampoo so that's the route I'm aiming for now. I just want my pretty curls back.

I'll be posting questions in a forum I'm sure, but I wanted to at least say hi. :)
2a-2c, fine, low porosity
Modified-CG newbie

Comments

• HtBlackHtBlack Registered Users Posts: 292
    I'm pretty new to this too, and my hair is pretty much wavy like yours and as ruined as yours seem. :D so go us.

I ditched shampoos and went conditioner-only and until now I'm holding up decently. It's only been what, ten days since I started CG, but I'm hoping I can keep that up. I think that so far my hair likes it, it's so easy to detangle under the shower with so little conditioner.

I still haven't figured out how to keep my hair for second, or even third day because whatever I do to it, sleep ruins it, but I'm slowly getting there I think, so my advice is to keep at it even when there are days when you sort of hate how your hair looks! it will get better. (:

Good luck with finding the CG that suits your hair!
    A 2C, wishfully thinking of being 3a. Sometimes I get there. CG since October 2013, Eurocurly (just for a few months more!), completely low-porosity now. SBL, wanting elbow length.

--
    Routine:
    CW-LI: Garnier Ultra Doux (Cocoa+Coconut Oil/Mango+Tiaré) or my own products.
    DC: Biofficina Toscana Maschera Nutriente Protettiva, or my own product.
    Homemade FSG, L'Oreal Styling Gel.
  • chupiechupie Registered Users Posts: 5,280 Curl Connoisseur
    Check out the Wavy forum "2".
    2a medium porous, You can see my wavy tutorials here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLy8bclCLgER5N_uVYSYZNxhBHSXAW40OQ and my wavy blog is The Wavy Nation http://wavynation.wordpress.com
  • nataliewavenataliewave Registered Users Posts: 15
    HtBlack wrote: »
    I'm pretty new to this too, and my hair is pretty much wavy like yours and as ruined as yours seem. :D so go us.

I ditched shampoos and went conditioner-only and until now I'm holding up decently. It's only been what, ten days since I started CG, but I'm hoping I can keep that up. I think that so far my hair likes it, it's so easy to detangle under the shower with so little conditioner.

I still haven't figured out how to keep my hair for second, or even third day because whatever I do to it, sleep ruins it, but I'm slowly getting there I think, so my advice is to keep at it even when there are days when you sort of hate how your hair looks! it will get better. (:

Good luck with finding the CG that suits your hair!

Good luck with being no-poo! I think that is so brave, haha. Second day hair is a mess here too, just flat and meh.
    2a-2c, fine, low porosity
    Modified-CG newbie
    Good luck with being no-poo! I think that is so brave, haha. Second day hair is a mess here too, just flat and meh.

Haha! No, it's nothing special really. I don't think it's brave, and if you find it doesn't work for your hair you can just go back to your former regime. (: I don't know why exactly, but I knew my type of hair would accept it. If you think yours won't, low-poos are already a big improvement anyway.
    A 2C, wishfully thinking of being 3a. Sometimes I get there. CG since October 2013, Eurocurly (just for a few months more!), completely low-porosity now. SBL, wanting elbow length.

--
    Routine:
  • rosemrosem Registered Users Posts: 14
    I think it is brave to go "no-poo" as well. I am low-poo, occaisional co-wash, occaisional clarifier!
    We'll see if I can keep it up! I'm into 3rd week today and it seems to be doing okay. The lack of all those awful products with silicones and **** is helping. :D but low-poo is great too, really.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk

--
    Routine:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file