We’d like your help getting CurlTalk back on its feet!

By participating on CurlTalk — posting, commenting, liking — in the next few weeks, you will automatically be entered to win amazing prizes.

Our latest winner is Savagegirl!

CurlyCanadian, Bomega and EllaJ have also won wonderful prizes! Will you be next? Post, like, comment, GET ACTIVE and help us get CurlTalk ENERGIZED again!

Learn more!

Do you like this hairstyle? (NEW PICTURES POSTED)

cyndicyndi Posts: 3,341Registered Users
I know I've posted this picture before, but I really want some feedback. I know I just cut my hair, but I'm really considering a "big chop" to get rid of the last of my dyed/highlighted hair. Do you think this hairstyle is too "old lady-ish"? The last thing I want to do is look like my mom -- she's in my thanksgiving picture in my photo album. I don't think her hair looks bad....it's just not for me.

Z.jpg
I think that I deceive genius.:happy10:
Failed to load the poll.
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• brooklybrookly Posts: 32Registered Users
    i don't think you'd look like your mom...and i think this cut can be worn in different styles, depending on if you want it more classic looking or funky. i like this cut, i wish my hair would do it!
    feed people - www.thehungersite.com
  • curls&swirlscurls&swirls Posts: 70Registered Users
    Do it! It's a great cut, I've had it and love it and can't wait for mine to get grown out to it again.
    Don't keep up with the Joneses....drag them down to your level--Quentin Crisp
  • curlylauracurlylaura Posts: 8,352Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    If I had the guts to cut my hair like that, I'd do it in a flash. It's a nice cut and as someone said it can be worn funky or classical.
    Fat does not make you fat. It's actually pretty important.
  • SixFootRealtorSixFootRealtor Posts: 11Registered Users
    OMG, your hair is gorgeous just as it is right now!

I don't like the shape of Keri's hair with this cut. It looks like she has no style and is just suffering through the growing out stage. If you want to go shorter, I'd choose something with a little more spunk.

But I love your hairstyle right now. It's beautiful!
    2b/3a with tons of hair and CG since Nov. 10th, 2003. Currently using Biotera Firm Hold gel and any conditioner that smells good because I'm pregnant!
  • SpanishCurlsSpanishCurls Posts: 27Registered Users
    Cyndi, I like the hair style. I'm getting my hair cut at Devachan on Saturday and I may ask for a style like that. My hair is much curlier's than Keri's though and one thing that I'm worried about is the maintance. With a cut like that, I think you would have to get it cut more frequently to keep it looking good. I have a baby and frequent haircuts are not on my agenda at the moment.

Another thing is that my hair looks like crap on the 2nd day. Right now, I can put it in a ponytail or pigtails and get away with it. With a short cut, I feel I would have to "do" my hair every single day. Anyway, I am going to talk it over with Carlos and see what he says.

If you have the Curly book, there is another pic of Keri on page 20. There, her hair seems much curlier than in the pic that you have here.

Please keep us posted as to your decision!!! Good luck and have fun!
    Mrs. SpanishCurls 3b/c
  • cyndicyndi Posts: 3,341Registered Users
    Thanks to everyone who has voted so far!

If you haven't voted, please do....the potential appointment is Wednesday.

TIA!
  • waviecurliewaviecurlie Posts: 5Registered Users
    Cyndi, I think you will look beautiful with that cut.. and you can always grow it back out. It will be nice to have no chemicals in it. I know that feeling of wanting to have hair "au natural"! You have been talking about it for a while and so you must be really wanting to try it.. why not???
    3A fine thick
    Devacon No Poo
    Devacon One Conditioner with honey
    Rusk Being Gutsy and ISO Multi Texture Cream
    Gelebrations and Biolage Glaze
    Aveda Detox Shampoo one time per week.
  • CortniCortni Posts: 19Registered Users

I don't like the shape of Keri's hair with this cut. It looks like she has no style and is just suffering through the growing out stage. If you want to go shorter, I'd choose something with a little more spunk.

I tend to agree with this. There's something about it I don't care for - not necessarily the length. I think maybe I don't like how much length difference there is between the sides and the back. It looks very inbetweeny to me.
    3b
  • curlyamzippitycurlyamzippity Posts: 65Registered Users
    I have to agree with it looking in-between or growing out. I have a coworker who used to have hair slightly shorter than this. Now her hair looks just like this, but i've always assumed it was just growing out. It looks slightly unkempt. I think it you're up for "doing" your hair on daily basis it would be okay, but if you're slightly lazy about your hair, it would just look messy.
    3b
    Pooless since 2/9/04
    Fav. Products: Elucence condish, Jessicurl Aloeba, Biotera Gel, Jessicurl Too Shea
  • legallycurlylegallycurly Posts: 4Registered Users
    i like the cut, but for me, i think it would be hard to style. if you trust your hairstylist 100% and think you are able to style it, then i say go for it. but it seems like it would be a little hard to get it without the part and make the curls fall correctly. but, if you can to it, go for it! just my 2 cents...
  • CurliLocksCurliLocks Posts: 10,572Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I do like the cut, but I agree that I'd blend the top and the bottom better. But I love your current style! Esp your July 2003 photo. But I know how it is to want a change. :) I think the cut would look great on you, but have them blend the layers so it's a bit more even than Keri's picture.
    SF Bay Area, CA * "The Angel-Goddess-Guru of Haircoloring" :D
    3b/c/a mix. medium texture, low porosity
    My Motto: Strand Test! some hair pics
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] -- gone, but never forgotten.
  • laurabeth33laurabeth33 Posts: 1,443Registered Users
    cyndi,

I got a little ambitious. I played around in graphics software and tried to duplicate Keri's cut shape with your hair. It's not that great a doctored photo (the National Inquirer isn't going to be beating down my door), but maybe you can glimpse what you may look like.

I think with your 3b curls, you need the length like Keri has in the photo you posted. I liked Keri's hair better at this length than shorter. When she initially cut it off, it looked poodle-ish. When she started growing it out, it got bigger before it got longer.

I wouldn't go too short or your 3b's will stick out. Keri's style here is a little softer than her hair is naturally, so she must be using a styling product to make her tight ringlets a little softer. I like the length.

Anyway, here's the edited photo attempt.

cyndi2.jpg

Sorry, but the resizing messed with the photo's quality. You will want to make sure the sides aren't too bulky. I took hair off the bottom and added a little volume to the sides to show the effect of the decreased length.

What do you think?
    2b w/ some 3a
    product tester geek
    Whoa! That picture is pretty scary! Laurabeth, you are too much! I think you are my favorite poster! Fortunately, my curls generally aren't that curly -- that was an exceptionally good hair day! I'm still debating....my curls are actually very similar to Keri's so I'm not too worried about my hair curling up too much. But after seeing that photo....I"m a little worried I'll end up looking like a chia pet. I'll keep everybody posted on my decision.
  • hnyhpshnyhps Posts: 134Registered Users

so do I.

you kinda look like me's daughter from any day now.
    3b
    Carlos and Carmen Vidal just had a child
    A lovely girl with a crooked smile
    Now they gotta split 'cause the Bronx ain't fit
    For a kid to grow up in
    Let's find a place they say, somewhere far away
    Any Day Now - is that a tv show?
    cyndi wrote:
    Any Day Now - is that a tv show?

I see it's a Lifetime TV show...is the daughter's name Kelly? If so, the actress is Olivia Friedman.

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.officialyoungstars.com%2FO%2FOliviaFriedman%2FOliviasMainPage.htm" class="Popup

I don't see the similarity, but that's the only picture I can find.
    Cyndi,

I know today is the day. So one quick question. Do you have shorter layers (shorter than your length)? Do they have tighter or looser curl than the longer pieces?

That should give you some indication. Also, there are plenty of products out there that I could suggest to soften or loosen your curls if the photo I chose is the tightest your curls can be on a really good day.

Maybe, to meet halfway, you could cut your hair a couple of inches longer than your chin with fewer layers than Keri.
    2b w/ some 3a
    product tester geek
    Laurabeth33, what products would you suggest to loosen curls???? My curls are tight and I'm getting my haircut on Saturday. Also comtemplating this same cut. Thanks!

Sorry to guano the thread! Can't wait to hear about your cut Cyndi!!!!
    Mrs. SpanishCurls 3b/c
    Any moisture-rich, anti-frizz choice like Biolage Curl Creme, ISO Bouncy Creme, or such.

Stay away from mousses since they help with volume, which you wouldn't want.
    2b w/ some 3a
    product tester geek
  • the doctorthe doctor Posts: 393Registered Users
    I think it's kinda stupid looking. It's got a sort of diamondy shape to it...not attractive.
    spring1onu wrote:
    I like having something "down below"
    smurfette wrote:
    What would you call it, sci-fi guru?
    don't click this. seriously.
    Laurabeth,

The top layers of my hair definately do get curlier as they get shorter. But now that my hair at the roots is so healthy, I think the ringlets will be a little fuller and softer. The main reason I want to do it is to get rid of the highlights and the short razored pieces throughout my entire head. And actually, the big chop is scheduled for tomorrow. I'm going to take my camera and take some before and after photos! I think I'm actually going to go through with it. I know it will be a shock, but I think the cut will be cute down or with some of the front pieces pinned up. I also think a headband will look really nice. I know it won't look good straightened, but when the cut grows out, I will have nice healthy virgin hair. I'm never going to color my hair again -- maybe just a few highlights now and again. Thanks for all of your help and support!

Cyndi
    That was a great pic laurabeth did for you, but I don't think your hair would be as full; that's a bit much. Mine might, but I'm a 3b/c. Your hair isn't quite as full and curly. And even mine wouldn't actually be that big with product in it. That's about how my hair is cut in my Jan 02 pic in my album (password: Just4Sher) and it doesn't look like that when styled. :)

Good luck with the cut tomorrow! Passing on the "good haircut vibes"! :D
    Cyndi,

I think removing razored hair is definitely a good plan. It is wide open to becoming split-ends-ville. I think you are really beautiful and resourceful. With your hair so much healthier with that razoring removed, you probably won't have the bulk or volume. If you do, we'll find you a softening/loosening product. You'll be okay. And removing that razored stuff, especially, will make a world of difference.

CurliLocks-- I was really surprised how much softer and looser your curls look shorter in your 1/2004 shots compared to the longer hair photos. It's a great look for you!
    2b w/ some 3a
    product tester geek
    CurliLocks-- I was really surprised how much softer and looser your curls look shorter in your 1/2004 shots compared to the longer hair photos. It's a great look for you!
    That's probably because of all the combing and cutting, and the fact that he took Curls Rock and reeeeaaaalllly worked it thru my hair! :P :D I've never seen my hair so "3a" before LOL! But I'd like to be able to duplicate it just for a change every once in a while. :) I guess if I work a gel or something thru my hair and really pull and handle it a lot, it might loosen up.

I can't use the Curls Rock because I found out it was stripping my RC Color bad! It just rinsed down the drain with a bunch of foamy slime, and I hadn't done anything but wet it! :shock:
    Cyndi, can't wait to see what you decided to do!! I hope the cut was a great success!!!
    Mrs. SpanishCurls 3b/c
    Cyndi, can't wait to see what you decided to do!! I hope the cut was a great success!!!
    Ditto! Waiting to hear about it. :)
  • PoodleheadPoodlehead Posts: 6,959Registered Users
    Any moisture-rich, anti-frizz choice like Biolage Curl Creme, ISO Bouncy Creme, or such.

Stay away from mousses since they help with volume, which you wouldn't want.

What is your product routine? I absolutely love your curl definition!
    Minneapolis, MN
    Poodlehead--my routine or cyndi's?
    2b w/ some 3a
    product tester geek
    Ack...I finally get up the nerve to cut my hair and my appointment gets canceled. I'll have to reschedule! :(
    OMG! Keep your nerve up and hang on to those good vibes. Let us know when you're going. :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file