CurlTalk

What type of hair do I have?

carmelwavescarmelwaves Posts: 68Registered Users
When I initially joined this site I was a 2a with barely any curls. Now I'm looking in the mirror and thinking at least 2c? Is this even possible? I'm so thrilled at the curly changes! :D
~A proud 2c who is so thankful to have stumbled across this site over a year ago!

Comments

• jakrussel3jakrussel3 Posts: 423Registered Users
    Looks mostly 2C to me... the spirals are stretched a bit giving it a bit of a 2B/2C combo feel, but probably due to the weight of your hair. Very pretty!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Hair Properties: 2A/2B, Medium-fine, Normal porosity, Normal elasticity, Medium density
    Low Poo: DevaCare, Yes to Cuc's
    Rinse Out: DevaCare One Condition, Yes to Cuc's
    Cowash: Suave Naturals Lavender, Yes to Carrots Scalp Conditioner
    Curl Cream: AG ReCoil, Organix Moroccan Oil Curl Cream
    Gel/Mousse: Sweet Curls Elixirs FSG w/ Mag Sulfate added, Sweet Curls Elixirs hard hold gel, DevaCurl Frizz Free Foam, Aquage Uplifting Foam
    Protein: Spiral Solutions Protein Spray for daily use
  • jaclyn4238jaclyn4238 Posts: 15Registered Users
    Looks 2b/c to me! what did you do to achieve a jump in curl level? do you have before pics?
  • carmelwavescarmelwaves Posts: 68Registered Users
    Thank you both so much! Unfortunately, I don't have before pictures :( I honestly don't know what I did, I stopped straightening it (its been almost a year now!) and I've been getting it cut more regularly and using curl-enhancing products!

But I actually think the biggest improvement just came from simply "not brushing it". No one else in my family has curly hair, so I just learned to brush my hair every hair like my mom and my sister. Now that I stopped, it's not the big frizzy mess it used to be and the curls are more defined!

You both have gorgeous hair!
    ~A proud 2c who is so thankful to have stumbled across this site over a year ago!
  • wavydazewavydaze Posts: 2,061Registered Users
    You have really pretty hair. Definitely 2C in my book, you have spirals and the S wave is tighter than most 2Bs. I'm even wondering if your hair has the ability to go up a pattern... do you diffuse? Not that it needs to change, it's very pretty how it is.

What's your routine?
    2bc/ f / ii. low porosity roots + normal-high porosity shaft where bleached. normal elasticity.

Currently using:
    Poo: Earthbath Oatmeal & Aloe
    RO: V05 Kiwi Lime
    LI: CJ Smoothing Lotion
    Styler: UFD CM, CJ PP
    PT: CJ Repair Me

:thumright: hydrolized protein, jelly stylers
    :angry8: guar hydroxypropyltrimonium chloride, sulfates, jojoba oil
    Neutral on cones.

iherb discount code: CFN646
  • chupiechupie Posts: 5,270Registered Users Curl Neophyte