can't get it right with eyelash curler

Kurly_NazzyKurly_Nazzy Registered Users Posts: 76
i have thick black lashes and mascara doesn't look right
so i got an eye lash curler
but i can't get it right
it either looks too curled and fake
or they get separated so far apart ( i have big eyes) that it looks like i barely have any eyelashes
and tips or step by steps?
very thick brown 3b/3c curls
::::::::........

Comments

• jabbyjabby Registered Users Posts: 68
    I've started using a heated eyelash curler, and I love it. I was never too good with the regular clamp kind. This one looks like a wide version of a mascara wand and is made by Emjoi. You put in a AA battery, turn it on, it heats up in less than a minute and has an indicator to let you know when it's warm. Then you use it just like a mascara wand, only you go a little slower with it and wiggle it just a little as you're moving up your lashes. You can control how curled you want them to be by using it a few times per eye, or a whole bunch of times. They stay curled all day and you don't even need mascara after it. Pretty cool!
    3A/B hair, fine and lots of it
    currently loving: Suave M&H conditioner, CurlKeeper, B&A gel
  • ScarletScarlet Registered Users Posts: 3,125 Curl Neophyte
    You should start at the base of your lashes, and sort of "walk" the curler along the length of the lashes so you curl the entire length. If you're only curling the base, that'll give you an unnatural or "bent" appearance.
    The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all those who want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics - Thomas Sowell
  • Kurly_NazzyKurly_Nazzy Registered Users Posts: 76
    kay thanks i'll try it right now
  • frxncrlsfrxncrls Registered Users Posts: 252 Curl Neophyte
    wondering - is the heated curler better than the traditional? i am about to buy a new eye lash curler and cannot decide....
    in humidity hell south Florida or high and dry Colorado
    CG since 2005
    2a, 2b, 3b - fine hair, low density - low/normal porosity
    washing: cj curl assurance gentle cleansing, cj daily fix, as i am coconut cowash
    conditioning: cj smoothing, cj strengthening, giovanni 50/50 balance, darcy's pumpkin seed, kinky curly knot today
    styling: homemade fsg, kinky curly curling custard, cj pattern pusha
    pt: cj curl fix, cj repair me
    avoid: humectants, polyquats
  • ScarletScarlet Registered Users Posts: 3,125 Curl Neophyte
    IMO a heated lash curler is no better. I guess it's a matter of preference.
    The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all those who want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics - Thomas Sowell
  • jabbyjabby Registered Users Posts: 68
    I'm the opposite - I LOVE the heated curler. The traditional one doesn't do much for me.....my lashes curl for an hour or 2, then uncurl themselves. The heated one curls them with about 20 seconds for each eye, and they stay like that all day. Love it!

I bought the Emjoi one from Amazon for about $15.
    3A/B hair, fine and lots of it
    currently loving: Suave M&H conditioner, CurlKeeper, B&A gel
  • Kurly_NazzyKurly_Nazzy Registered Users Posts: 76
    so do u start at the root then "walk" all the way to the end?
    cuz i'm either geting a fake bent look or it barley curled
    so my question is where on the eye lash do u start the curl?
  • BohemianRenegadeBohemianRenegade Registered Users Posts: 1,078
    I use a plastic eyelash curler that I got at wal-mart. It's purple, but I cannot remember what it's called. But, anyway, I heat it up for a couple of seconds with my hair dryer and it makes the curl last all day. But, be careful not to make it TOO hot. OUCH!
    Trying to find some sanity as I work on my master's in nursing...

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file