favorite conditioner discontinued- looking for something similar

molly15jmolly15j Registered Users Posts: 7
I've been doing a modified CG routine with Redken's Smooth Down Butter Treat for years and been pretty happy. They discontinued it last year and replaced it with Butter Silk which has made my hair dry and straw-like. I've been reading on the forums about protein and I'm thinking I may have a protein sensitivity because this new product has vegetable protein in it, which the original Butter Treat did not. Anyway I've been trying other conditioners in the meantime- right now I'm trying DevaCurl's One Conditioner and I'm not too happy with it- it makes my hair pretty limp. I should also mentioned that around the same time they discontinued my conditioner I had a baby and I sometimes wonder if maybe my hair texture has changed and that's why none of the new conditioners are working. I hoping that's not the case and I just need to find the right replacement conditioner- does anyone have any suggestions for products I could try that might give me similar results to the Butter Treat? I will post the ingredients below:

Aqua/Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Chloride, Glycerin, Amodimethicone, Cetyl Esters, Lanolin, Parfum/Fragrance, Methylparaben, Cetrimonium Chloride, Trideceth-12, Mica, CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, Linalool, Chlorhexidene Dhydrochloride, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, PPG-5-Ceteth-20, Oleth-10, Disodium Cocoamphodipropionate, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, CI 77491/Iron Oxides, Lecithin, Geraniol, Phosphoric Acid, Macadamia Ternifolia/Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil, Candellia Cera/Candella Wax, Phenoxethanol, Ethylparaben (D4914/2).
2c-3a, medium porosity?, high density, medium width and length

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file