HELP... Holy grail conditioner has been reformulated

testimony777testimony777 Registered Users Posts: 237 Curl Connoisseur
Hello curlies,

I went to Whole Foods yesterday to re-up on my newest BFF Kiss My Face Miss Treated Daily Conditioner only to find that it has been REFORMULATED :shock: :angryfire::crybaby:. I am now on the hunt for a CG friendly, reasonably priced, aloe based conditioner (of these three criteria CG friendly and aloe based are the only two musts). I would prefer a conditioner that has aloe as its first ingredient but I am open to trying conditioners where aloe is listed as the second ingredient. It would also be great if I could buy it on the ground but hey, beggars can't be choosy so I am willing to order it if need be.

Do any of you lovely curly heads have some suggestions for me? I am desperate as I have about one more application of the Kiss My Face left.
Hair Stats (CG since 3/31/12)
Type: 3c/b; Density: M; Texture: F-M; Porosity: L-N

Products
Cleanser: DevaCurl Decadence No Poo
Conditioner: DevaCurl Original One Condition
Leave-in: DevaCurl B'Leave-in
Stylers: DevaCurl Volumizing Frizz Free Foam, DevaCurl Beautiful Mess, DevaCurl Flexible Hold Hairspray
Refresher: DevaCurl No Comb Detangling Spray
Finisher: DevaCurl Shine Spray

Comments

• chloe92uschloe92us Registered Users Posts: 1,203 Curl Neophyte
    KMF just reformulated their gel too....

Anyway, I haven't tried any of these, but they seem to fit the bill and you can probably buy at Whole Foods.

Alba Botanica, Replenishing Conditioner, 8.5 oz (241 g) - iHerb.com

Mill Creek, Aloe Vera Conditioner, 16 fl oz (473 ml) - iHerb.com

Jason Natural, Pure Natural Conditioner, Aloe Vera, 16 oz (454 g) - iHerb.com (has a cone)
    2C/ Coarse/ Normal porosity/ SW Florida/ Salt & Pepper
    Cleanse: AIA cowash, TJ Tea Tree Condish
    Condish: JC Too Shea, Tresemme Botanique
    Stylers: flax/okra gel or KCCC + CJ PP or JC Spiralicious
    Experimenting with Got2B Ultra gel and loving it so far!
  • BotticelliBritBotticelliBrit Registered Users Posts: 2,075 Curl Neophyte
    Nature`s Gate Aloe Vera Moisturizing Conditioner for Normal to Dry Hair
    Suave Naturals Aloe & Waterlily Conditioner
    Oyin Honey Hemp Conditioner with Aloe & Silk
    Jojoba & Aloe Desert Herb Revitalizing Conditioner
    Lekair Cholesterol Plus Aloe Formula Conditioner
    Jason Natural Cosmetics Pure Aloe Vera Conditioner

^ All those have aloe as one of the first couple of ingredients :)
    3B. Med porosity. Med thickness. Med density.

LP: Shea Moisture (currently JBCO)
    Conditioner/CW: Jason Aloe Vera

LI: Aunt Jackie's Curls & Coils Quench
    Refreshing: TRESemmé Naturals Aloe Vera & Avocado
    Gel: DevaCurl Ultra Defining Gel
    DC:
    Aunt Jackie's Soft & Sassy Super Duper Softening Conditioner
    Treatments: Coconut oil/Coconut milk

UK curly. CG since Oct 2013.
    Growing my hair to WL when dry :thumright:
  • testimony777testimony777 Registered Users Posts: 237 Curl Connoisseur
    chloe92us wrote: »
    KMF just reformulated their gel too....

Anyway, I haven't tried any of these, but they seem to fit the bill and you can probably buy at Whole Foods.

Alba Botanica, Replenishing Conditioner, 8.5 oz (241 g) - iHerb.com

Mill Creek, Aloe Vera Conditioner, 16 fl oz (473 ml) - iHerb.com

Jason Natural, Pure Natural Conditioner, Aloe Vera, 16 oz (454 g) - iHerb.com (has a cone)

Thanks! I haven't heard of the first three. I am definitely going to have to check those out.
    Nature`s Gate Aloe Vera Moisturizing Conditioner for Normal to Dry Hair
    Suave Naturals Aloe & Waterlily Conditioner
    Oyin Honey Hemp Conditioner with Aloe & Silk
    Jojoba & Aloe Desert Herb Revitalizing Conditioner
    Lekair Cholesterol Plus Aloe Formula Conditioner
    Jason Natural Cosmetics Pure Aloe Vera Conditioner

^ All those have aloe as one of the first couple of ingredients :)

Thanks! I will have to look into these. I didn't realize that some of these had aloe as one of the first few ingredients. It would make my day if the Suave Naturals one fit the bill; cheep, effective and readily available, you can't beat that:-)

Products
    Stylers: DevaCurl Volumizing Frizz Free Foam, DevaCurl Beautiful Mess, DevaCurl Flexible Hold Hairspray
  • BotticelliBritBotticelliBrit Registered Users Posts: 2,075 Curl Neophyte
    Oooh, wait, scratch the Suave Naturals one! I wasn't meant to paste that in.
    The ingredients aren't what you asked for. My bad!

Rest of them are good though lol. Sorry. It's been a long day ;)
    3B. Med porosity. Med thickness. Med density.

LP: Shea Moisture (currently JBCO)
    Conditioner/CW: Jason Aloe Vera

LI: Aunt Jackie's Curls & Coils Quench
    Refreshing: TRESemmé Naturals Aloe Vera & Avocado
    Gel: DevaCurl Ultra Defining Gel
    DC:
    Aunt Jackie's Soft & Sassy Super Duper Softening Conditioner
    Treatments: Coconut oil/Coconut milk

UK curly. CG since Oct 2013.
    Growing my hair to WL when dry :thumright:
  • Brigettelowe521Brigettelowe521 Registered Users Posts: 94
    Most of the Curl Junkie conditioners have aloe as the second ingredient after water (it's good to have water based conditioners because they're very moisturizing). I have not personally used any Curl Junkie products, but I've really been wanting to. I've heard they're great & a lot of people swear by them.
  • wavydazewavydaze Registered Users Posts: 2,065 Curl Novice
    Giovanni 50:50
    2bc/ f / ii. low porosity roots + normal-high porosity shaft where bleached. normal elasticity.

Currently using:
    Poo: Earthbath Oatmeal & Aloe
    RO: V05 Kiwi Lime
    LI: CJ Smoothing Lotion
    Styler: UFD CM, CJ PP
    PT: CJ Repair Me

:thumright: hydrolized protein, jelly stylers
    :angry8: guar hydroxypropyltrimonium chloride, sulfates, jojoba oil
    Neutral on cones.

iherb discount code: CFN646
  • abstractcurlsabstractcurls Registered Users Posts: 380
    All of the Deep Steep conditioners are aloe based. I really like the glossy smooth one ;-)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using CurlTalk App
    Thanks BotticelliBrit. I was wondering about that one; I didn't remember the Suave line having such natural ingredients. It would have been nice thought :-)

Brigettelowe- I have looked at Curl Junkie for years but have never tried anything from the line. I vowed several years back (once they started carrying curly lines in brick and mortar stores that I would never again order on line. But I am totally willing to break that now. I will definitely have to check those out if the other suggestions don't work out.

wavydaze- I didn't know their 50:50 conditioner was aloe based. Thanks!

abstractcurls- Ooo I have never even heard of that brand. This thread is awakening the product junkie in me that has been dormant for a REALLY long time.

Thanks so much ladies for all of these suggestions. I am definitely going to give some of these a try. I got a chance to look up a few of them and they look promising. You all are awesome!

Products
  • CurlsNCrassCurlsNCrass Registered Users Posts: 49
    Most of the Curl Junkie conditioners have aloe as the second ingredient after water (it's good to have water based conditioners because they're very moisturizing). I have not personally used any Curl Junkie products, but I've really been wanting to. I've heard they're great & a lot of people swear by them.

I have tried some of the Curl Junkie Products. I like the Beauticurls Strengthening Conditioner as a RO. It makes my hair really soft and melts through tangles. I have also tried the Beauticurls Argan & Olive Oil Conditioner, but I like that more as a leave in than a RO.

3A/B/C-MD-MT-APL (straight)-NL(curly)-N/HP

:thumbup:Total PJ #NoShame:help:
    COW: TN, As I Am Coconut CoWash
    SF Poos: CD Chocolat, SM Yucca and Baobab
    RO: OH Honey Hemp Conditioner, AG Re:Coil, AO HSR, AO GPB, CJ BSC, Aussie Moist
    LI: OH Honey Dew, SM CES, CJ BA&OO, AG Fast Food
    Stylers: EcoStyler Gel (Olive Oil or Super Protein), KMF Upper Management Gel, UFD CM, CJ CQ
    DT: NHIH&TM, CD Manoi Mask
    LPT: AO GPB, CJ BSC
    PRT: CJ Repair Me!
    I have tried some of the Curl Junkie Products. I like the Beauticurls Strengthening Conditioner as a RO. It makes my hair really soft and melts through tangles. I have also tried the Beauticurls Argan & Olive Oil Conditioner, but I like that more as a leave in than a RO.

I am a bit lazy when it comes to products so I only use one conditioner, I just leave some of it in. Why do you prefer the Argan and Olive Oil one as a leave-in and the Strengthening one as a RO? Is one heavier than the other?

Products
  • CurlsNCrassCurlsNCrass Registered Users Posts: 49
    :eek:

I am a bit lazy when it comes to products so I only use one conditioner, I just leave some of it in. Why do you prefer the Argan and Olive Oil one as a leave-in and the Strengthening one as a RO? Is one heavier than the other?

Two things. Thing One: protein. The Strengthening Conditioner has protein, Keratin Amino Acids to be exact. That is a pretty strong protein and leaving that in your hair can cause some protein overload. Protein overload can make things like breakage and dryness worse, not better. :eek:
    So with the Strengthening Conditioner, I use as either a RO or a DT depending on my needs. The Argan & Olive oil does not have protein so its okay to leave in.

Thing two: price. $19 for 12oz. is kind of steep for a RO and I use a lot. Even though I am a product junkie (see signature) and I can switch my conditioners pretty often, I still cannot justify in my head spending that much for a conditioner that I can probably finish in 4-5 uses. I haven't tried it as a deep treatment, so I cannot speak to its efficacy in that arena. As a LI, the Aloe & Olive Conditioner shines. It's really moisturizing and I simply get much more use from a LI when I am spending all of that money. I do this with a lot of more expensive conditioners that I cannot get in liter sizes and it is simply not economical to buy only to use as a RO.

I recommend both products, they are great, but they are pricey and I do not know what your hair sensitivities are.

3A/B/C-MD-MT-APL (straight)-NL(curly)-N/HP

:thumbup:Total PJ #NoShame:help:
    COW: TN, As I Am Coconut CoWash
    SF Poos: CD Chocolat, SM Yucca and Baobab
    RO: OH Honey Hemp Conditioner, AG Re:Coil, AO HSR, AO GPB, CJ BSC, Aussie Moist
    LI: OH Honey Dew, SM CES, CJ BA&OO, AG Fast Food
    Stylers: EcoStyler Gel (Olive Oil or Super Protein), KMF Upper Management Gel, UFD CM, CJ CQ
    DT: NHIH&TM, CD Manoi Mask
    LPT: AO GPB, CJ BSC
    PRT: CJ Repair Me!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file