I think my hair is healthy again!!!

So for the past 2 years I have been struggling with my curls. They were acting wacky and my hair seemed thinner. I mentioned before that I was diagnosed with ulcerative colitis around the time my hair got funky. So I think it was the loss of nutrients that caused the problem. While my hair isn't as long as I'd like it to be, I think it's getting there. I have been taking 1,000 mcg's of biotin every night. The first picture it my hair when it was amazing, the second pic is my hair after I was sick and the last picture is now! Tell me if you think it looks healthier! Thanks

Comments

• BluebloodBlueblood Posts: 1,748Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Good to hear you hair is healthy again.

Did at least one of the doctors you saw talk to you about the supplements you may need to take as well as your diet? As I know from knowing people with various long term conditions including ulcerative colitis that taking biotin supplement shouldn't be your main concern.
  • mustangbunnymustangbunny Posts: 1,033Registered Users
    I think your hair is gorgeous in all 3! Glad you're feeling better. Hope you keep getting better, too.

Low-poo: Looking for a new one.
    Condish: V05 Tea Therapy, Body Shop Banana
    Leave in: Giovanni Direct Leave In
    PT: My hair needs very little. I use Suave Naturals Coconut when I need a little bit and follow up with a moisturizing conditioner.
    Styler: Giovanni LA

Go Red Wings!
    :hockey:

• sexyNcurlysexyNcurly Posts: 241Registered Users
    Thank you! And yes I am taking other supplements besides biotin..I only mentioned that one because I was speaking of my hair growth. I hope everyone else can see the difference too. It's not as thin at the bottom anymore!
  • BluebloodBlueblood Posts: 1,748Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    sexyNcurly wrote: »
    Thank you! And yes I am taking other supplements besides biotin..I only mentioned that one because I was speaking of my hair growth. I hope everyone else can see the difference too. It's not as thin at the bottom anymore!

If you are deficient in any vitamin or mineral your hair and nails, due to them not being vital organs, are likely to show it.

So other your supplements will help with your hair growth i.e. iron, vitamin d, zinc and very likely more than the biotin as you actually need very little biotin.

Anyway as having your hair back is making you less stressed all's good.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file