LOC or LCO method

Can anyone tell me about experiences with either of these? The concept makes a lot of sense. Oil doesn't moisturize right...just locks in moisture so it's best to put in wet hair or hair that is already moisturized. So would it be best to put the oil in after the cream or conditioner to lock in the moisture from that?

Back on Cones,so now my routine is,wash with Deva No-Poo every other day or so. Occasionally use 365 sulfate free,maybe use low sulfate shampoo mixed with conditioner once every two weeks are longer. I condition with Aussie Moist or HEHH. I style with a little GF TN,and finish up with tons of GN Pure Clean Smoothing Cream. No frizz...slippy, happy hair.

Comments

• BluebloodBlueblood Posts: 1,748Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    You really have to try both methods to see which one works best for you.
  • KiraSavannahKiraSavannah Posts: 423Registered Users
    I personally like the LOC method, even though the LCO method made more sense to me. I think the cream is suppose to style the hair not moisturize. The LOC method works best for me because usually when I apply oils last, they melt and drip out of my hair.The cream stops it from dripping. Theirs an article on the website about it, it says use shea moisture curl and style milk as the leave in but I found it to heavy and used it as my cream (styler), you just have to modify stuff to your needs. Ps. I do the CG method. :)
    CG/LOC Method's 3b/3c hair SL-Curly/ Goal-MBL Curly:)
    Weekly Poo/Low Poo: some Shea M Poo.
    Weekly Deep Treat-Dermorganic Intensive Hair Masque
    Bi-Weekly RO:Tresseme Naturals - V.Smooth/N.Moisture
    Daily Leave in:Shea Moisture Extra Moisture Detangler
    Daily Oil: Olive Oil & Conut Oil Mix
    Daily Styler: Shea Moisture Curl & Style Milk
  • CurlsNCrassCurlsNCrass Posts: 49Registered Users
    Yeah, I like the LOC method, but there is A LOT of trial and error to find what works best for you. Even if your LI is right your oil may be too light or the cream may not be the best for an LOC.

I would recommend trying both LOC and the LCO but with the same products to see which order is best for you then you can experiment with other products within the method.

3A/B/C-MD-MT-APL (straight)-NL(curly)-N/HP

:thumbup:Total PJ #NoShame:help:
    COW: TN, As I Am Coconut CoWash
    SF Poos: CD Chocolat, SM Yucca and Baobab
    RO: OH Honey Hemp Conditioner, AG Re:Coil, AO HSR, AO GPB, CJ BSC, Aussie Moist
    LI: OH Honey Dew, SM CES, CJ BA&OO, AG Fast Food
    Stylers: EcoStyler Gel (Olive Oil or Super Protein), KMF Upper Management Gel, UFD CM, CJ CQ
    DT: NHIH&TM, CD Manoi Mask
    LPT: AO GPB, CJ BSC
    PRT: CJ Repair Me!
  • GoddessCurlsGoddessCurls Posts: 1,537Registered Users
    I can do the LCO method when I'm home doing a treatment or maybe going to bed. Any other time it seems any kind of oil in any amount makes it not shiny but greasy looking

Back on Cones,so now my routine is,wash with Deva No-Poo every other day or so. Occasionally use 365 sulfate free,maybe use low sulfate shampoo mixed with conditioner once every two weeks are longer. I condition with Aussie Moist or HEHH. I style with a little GF TN,and finish up with tons of GN Pure Clean Smoothing Cream. No frizz...slippy, happy hair.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file