Sincere Question for White women

anewcastleshipanewcastleship Registered Users Posts: 6
Note: this is a sincere question and if you are not interested in it, you can just ignore...

I dont keep up with celebrities, but it seems whenever I see a black female celebrity these days she has long straight blond hair. I am curious for the perspective of white women, what do you think when you see this? Im going to make a poll with some options in case anyone doesnt feel comfortable posting a response...
Failed to load the poll.
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• curlyarcacurlyarca Registered Users Posts: 8,449 Curl Connoisseur
    I'm curious as to what you think, since you're intiating this thread. Not meant to be hostile or anything, but seriously, interesting question.

"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer."

4a, mbl, low porosity, normal thickness, fine hair.
  • FoxyCurlFoxyCurl Registered Users Posts: 19
    I think this look can be pulled off but it is extremely rare.
    Beyone can pull it off to me, the color of her skin goes nicecly with some shade of blond but Lil Kin can not pull this look off, to me it looks ridiculous on her.
    I just think is a hair style nothing more
  • NejNej Registered Users Posts: 2,444 Curl Neophyte
    I think it's just a hair style. Looks good on some, looks bad on some.
    anigif_enhanced-buzz-2027-1364839025-19.gif
  • vonvonnievonvonnie Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 31
    not white... and dont care...

either way, long blonde hair has a tendency to look GHETTO... i aint even gonna lie. beyonce has a nice sandy color going on, i wouldnt even call that blonde though. little kim.. she's just got some issues.. i dont know of who else who has blonde right off hand...

short blonde hair sometimes is cute..
  • NaughtyParsonBrownNaughtyParsonBrown Registered Users Posts: 12
    guano... Nej, i absolutely love that avatar :D
    Q: What did the 5 fingers say to the face?

A: SLAP!
  • ScaryCurlScaryCurl Registered Users Posts: 138
    Actually, I just think that the bleached blond look on most people has a tendency to look fake and sometimes trashy, but I have seen some people pull it off, white and black. To each their own. It's just hair to me.
    Hair type: 3C. Favorite products for the moment: CONDITIONER: Elucence MBC, LEAVE-IN COND: Curls Rock. CURL ENHANCER: Frederic Fekkai Luscious Curls. GEL: Ouidad Climate Control (HG), FINISHING: Frederic Fekkai Glossing Creme.
  • fraufrau Registered Users Posts: 6,130 Curl Neophyte
    most black women with blonde hair look like this to me:
    Aless2
    jinx (pokemon)
    of course i'm not white so i didn't answer your poll.
    serena williams (i've seen her with a darker hue of blonde that looked nice)

eve with her long blonde weave (barbershop) yuck however, blonde short haired eve looked great
    lil kim with blonde butt length weaves double yuck
    beyonce looks good most of the time. her blonde weave is a bit big though.
  • HappycurlsHappycurls Registered Users Posts: 188
    I was torn between choice #2 and #3 but I ended up choosing 2. I think there might be pressure to achieve that "all-American" beauty, but not being black, I can't really say for sure. Like others have said, I do think Beyonce's hair looks nice but that is the exception. I almost always think bleached hair looks bad on people of any color.
  • ZARIA**ZARIA** Registered Users Posts: 706
    Not White, and didnt answer the poll...

But I think it depends on the individual. It also depends on complexion, facial features, and personal style. I think a beautiful girl can pull off just about anything if done right. I had blond hair before. But I am way too lightskinned for it to look right. I started tanning and became bronze and then It worked. But Everyone said I looked like a White girl with a tan. :roll: Whatever!!!! I guess it just depends on the person. I hate when I see a person with a 1 inch fried blond ponytail... :shock:

I also hate to see White girls with dyed jet black hair..Yuck!! Can you say GHOST?????
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Hispanic/Black 3A-B
    Mixed hair: Curls, waves and spirals.
    http://public.fotki.com/7788/hair-growth-ultra-n/
  • NetGNetG Registered Users Posts: 8,116
    I like the way you worded the choices. I put that it usually looks bad. It usually reminds me of a muppet (I'm not sure there actually was one like that, it just does) because it looks so fake-but that's bleached blonde hair, regardless of race.

Beyonce's an example of it looking great-though I think if her hair were the normal unflattering blonde most people who bleach use, she'd still look gorgeous, because she's so beautiful.

I never take it as having any deeper meaning as to trying to fit as society's ideals or anything-it doesn't affect me one way or another.

Ultimately-it can look good on many people, but usually seems not to, probably more due to quality of the bleach job than anything else.
    The pews never miss a sermon but that doesn't get them one step closer to Heaven.
    -Speckla

But at least the pews never attend yoga!
  • vonvonnievonvonnie Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 31
    hehe zaria... i had blonde hair too, and i get quite bronzey in the summer, it looked cute too (not serena williams cute :roll: ... cute for real!)

Frau... you SO aint right for that pic!!! serena's hair is NOT cute on her...and eve looks funky with it too... BUT when eve's hair was short, it was SO cute http://www.members.tripod.com/China00/eve.pic.2.jpg
  • FreeCurlsFreeCurls Registered Users Posts: 4,408
    frau wrote:
    eve with her long blonde weave (barbershop) yuck

isn't that Serena Williams and not Eve? We don't ALL look alike! :lol:
    [FONT=&quot]Sterling Cooper Draper Pryce & FreeCurls[/FONT]

• AmeliePoulainAmeliePoulain Registered Users Posts: 10
    ZARIA** wrote:

I also hate to see White girls with dyed jet black hair..Yuck!! Can you say GHOST?????

Ha ha, that sounds like me. My hair is a bit darker than my natural dark brown from attempts to cover my gray, but I actually like being pale with dark hair. In general, I feel people look best with their natural coloring. I think black women look best with their natural dark haircolor, and also I think Britney Spears' dyed blonde hair and tanned skin aren't flattering.
    3a/3b coarse and frizzy.
  • Summer91Summer91 Registered Users Posts: 265
    I'm going to go with Its just a hair styling choice, that doesnt usually look good
  • brooklybrookly Registered Users Posts: 32
    i went with the styling choice, usually doesn't look good. however, i also often times like the VERY short blonde hair
    feed people - www.thehungersite.com
  • Who Me?Who Me? Registered Users Posts: 3,181
    I'm a white girl, and I answered number 2. But I don't think it's only black women--I think any woman who does not have light colored, flowy hair that dies it and straightens it (or adds extensions, etc.) to get it too look like this is just trying to acheive the western standard of beauty. Sometimes it looks good, sometimes it doesn't.
    "I don't know! I don't know why I did it, I don't know why I enjoyed it, and I don't know why I'll do it again!" -BART SIMPSON
  • fraufrau Registered Users Posts: 6,130 Curl Neophyte
    FreeCurls wrote:
    frau wrote:
    eve with her long blonde weave (barbershop) yuck

isn't that Serena Williams and not Eve? We don't ALL look alike! :lol:

i thought the tennis racket made it clear it was serena williams. i said eve in barbershop looked bad. i found eve's hair to be particularly attractive when it was a dyed twa (blonde and reddish). i'll edit my post for clarification.
  • mcpmcp Registered Users Posts: 20
    Well I couldn't vote :? But anyway since I'm a big big believer in as "natural" of a look as possible, I frankly can't stand it. Not necessarily because it looks bad, but it looks fake.
  • BookishCurlyBookishCurly Registered Users Posts: 75
    I picked the option that it is a personal hair choice that usually doesn't end up looking good. I think people should stick to as natural a look as possible. 8)
    "A thing of beauty is a joy forever: It's loveliness increases; it will never pass into nothingness; but will still keep a bower quiet for us, and a sleep full of sweet dreams, and health, and quiet breathing."... John Keats. (Endymion, Book I, 1-5)
  • BookishCurlyBookishCurly Registered Users Posts: 75
    Happycurls wrote:
    I almost always think bleached hair looks bad on people of any color.

Exactly! All you have to do is look at the thread discussing Celine Dion to know beyond a doubt that this is the truth. :D
    Sun-bleached looks good, peroxide bleached doesn't in general. With the former, you don't really get roots, with the latter, you do.
    "A thing of beauty is a joy forever: It's loveliness increases; it will never pass into nothingness; but will still keep a bower quiet for us, and a sleep full of sweet dreams, and health, and quiet breathing."... John Keats. (Endymion, Book I, 1-5)
  • ShrekLoverShrekLover Registered Users Posts: 2,551 Curl Neophyte
    I picked #3 also. But I have to agree that I have seen way too many white chicks with bleached blonde hair that looks bad also. It really creeps me out to see women in their 40s & 50's (I am 50), trying to look younger with the very bleached blonde look.

I worked with this guy who married this woman that had the palest bleached blonde, (not platinum though), hair and she told him it was natural. Because he had never seen her dying her hair he believed it. Her hair ws FRIED from the bleach and she had roots on occasion.
  • munchkinmunchkin Registered Users Posts: 2,909 Curl Connoisseur
    I picked #3, but then I feel the same way about Christina Aguilera's hair dyed pitch black. That was pretty bad.
    3b/c
  • the doctorthe doctor Registered Users Posts: 393
    After learning so much about AA hair from this site, I can't fathom why any AA woman would torture her curls like that, just to look generic.
    spring1onu wrote:
    I like having something "down below"
    smurfette wrote:
    What would you call it, sci-fi guru?
    don't click this. seriously.
  • the doctorthe doctor Registered Users Posts: 393
    Oh, and yeah, bleach blond looks totally fake...I mean, when your hair's so dry it looks like doll hair, there's no way you can pass THAT off as natural. Girls running around with hair so bleached they look like Gandalf....*snort*
    spring1onu wrote:
    I like having something "down below"
    smurfette wrote:
    What would you call it, sci-fi guru?
    don't click this. seriously.
  • slinky1slinky1 Banned Banned Users Posts: 1,612
    I didn't read what anyone else said...I'm just answering the question.

When I see anyone with straight blonde hair I think the same thing. Whether we like it or not, its a deep-rooted societal idea (that many still hold on to) that smooth-haired blondes are the "alpha" females.

But...I have severe blonde envy. Even my mother is blonde, and even though she's never said it, I know she believes that blondes are the most beautiful...and it makes me feel kinda bad. I would die my hair blonde, but it would look totally butt with my complexion. I guess I'll just have to live with being a second class citizen. :wink:
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,060 Administrator
    the_cheat wrote:
    After learning so much about AA hair from this site, I can't fathom why any AA woman would torture her curls like that, just to look generic.

Because, under normal circumstances, hair will grow back once you chop off the damage. No biggie.

I hardly think that any one who dyes there hair extreme colors are trying to pass it off for being natural. Of course it looks fake. It's kinda the point. For some people, regardless of race, it's just fun.

That being said, I'll probably never go platinum/blond again. But red....

:dance:dance.gif

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file