need opinions on fixing my tooth

Charlene36Charlene36 Posts: 44Registered Users
Well, a crown really. It has been in place for seven years...never had a problem with it, but now it is cracked. Actually it has been cracked for a year, and the dentist is insisting that I come in and get a new one put on. I don't really want to just because I really don't want to pay for it right now when the existing crown could last indefinitely. He said it is just a matter of time before it breaks- 5 days, 5 weeks, 5 months, 5 years. I had a root canal on that tooth so even if it breaks I don't expect it to be painful. Part of me says get it done now to get the dentist off my butt, but part of me doesn't want to pay that money until I absolutely have to.

What would you do?
3b bra-strap length-- modified CG

Formerly Charlene34

Comments

• kimmyckimmyc Posts: 551Registered Users
    Since you had a root canal there anyway, I would say you could hold off a little if you need too. I hate going to the dentist, loathe it, so I would probably wait if it wasn't going to harm any of my other teeth.

Of course this is advice from the biggest wimp ever in regards to the dentist so.... :?
    2b/3a, primarily use Jessicurl and DevaCurl products, Curls Hair Tea conditioner and various gels. I'm modified CG-ish since 5/04.
  • fraufrau Posts: 6,130Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    get it done. you'll be pissed when it happens unexpectedly. extra money rarely pops up and usually doesn't coincide with things like that so you might as well make the appointment now.
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,259Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I'd have it done now. The crack could damage the remainder of the tooth underneath by allowing stuff to get in there. A root canal doesn't make the remaining tooth immune to rot.
  • Ab-starAb-star Posts: 1,128Registered Users
    I also think you should get it done now. An ill fitting or broken crown can affect nearby teeth as well, then you'll have more problems to deal with.
    MY HAIR ALBUM
    pw - jack

Going natural for the summer...just a dab of ArcAngell!
  • yagottaloveyacurlsyagottaloveyacurls Posts: 5,766Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I agree with those who said just go get it fixed now. You'll be glad you did.
  • Charlene36Charlene36 Posts: 44Registered Users
    Okay-- I have actually had the appointment made for a month. You are right. At least this way I won't have to worry about it.
    3b bra-strap length-- modified CG

Formerly Charlene34

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file