We’d like your help getting CurlTalk back on its feet!

By participating on CurlTalk — posting, commenting, liking — in the next few weeks, you will automatically be entered to win amazing prizes.

Our latest winner is Savagegirl!

CurlyCanadian, Bomega and EllaJ have also won wonderful prizes! Will you be next? Post, like, comment, GET ACTIVE and help us get CurlTalk ENERGIZED again!

Learn more!

How long do your bantu knot out last?

scrillsscrills Posts: 6,700Registered Users
I bantu knotted my hair and I LOVE the results. Any suggestions on how to get it to last longer. I am getting about 2 days, if I'm lucky.

I know part of the issue is that the product i use makes my hair slightly damp, so it's still damp when I take them down. I'm going to dry them better, but any other suggestions?

1374867_10151953538501678_190180962_n.jpg

Comments

• scrillsscrills Posts: 6,700Registered Users
    I switched products. So far that seems to helping. The ors was causing tangles

Sent from my SPH-D710 using CurlTalk App
  • scrillsscrills Posts: 6,700Registered Users
    Ok, for anyone interested, I am now getting 5+ days

Day 1 - i don't separate the curls as much. So they are kinda tight that first day

Around day 3, i start redoing random knots around my hair (the ones that have become really fuzzy0

around day 5 - I add a headband

I think I have my new winter style. Woohooo!!!!
  • SweetRellieSweetRellie Posts: 468Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Some people reknot at night to make the style last longer.
    Thick, highly porous but protein sensitive 4a hair
    Modified Curly Girl Method

Current Staples
    Cowash/Rinse-Out: Not Your Mother’s Naturals Tahitian Gardenia Flower & Mango Butter Conditioner
    Shampoo: NYM Naturals Tahitian Gardenia Flower Shampoo
    DC: Shea Moisture’s Raw Shea & Cupuacu, Fruit Fusion, Superfruit Complex or Manuka Honey lines
    Leave-In: Maui Moisture's Curl Milk or Shea Butter Hair Mask
    Stylers/Creams: Maui Moisture's Curl Smoothie or Camille Rose Naturals’ Sweet Buttercream (kids line)
    Sealants: Maui Moisture's Coconut Milk Weightless Oil Mist
    Scalp Treatment: Alikay Naturals Hair & Scalp Balm; Essential 17 Growth Oil
  • SamanthascurlzSamanthascurlz Posts: 1,082Registered Users
    So Beautiful! And wow 5 days! I have been wanting to try a BKO but I am lazy, your hair inspired me.
    CG, High Porosity, Fine, Low Density, Medium Elasticity
    Suave, V05, GF Go clean gel, ACV rinses, CO, and Gelatine PT.
    [URL="[url=http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/members/samanthascurlz-albums-evolvement-my-hair.html]Curls[/url]"][/url]Curls
  • lori.mattoxlori.mattox Posts: 210Registered Users
    I wish my bantu knot out curls looked like that! Those are gorgeous. I haven't had a successful knot out yet- when I go to blend my part lines all my definition has gone out of the window. I may have to try it now that I've been doing the curly girl method, since my wash and go's last longer too.
    3C/4A Fine texture, low porosity, low/medium density? Trying CG since Dec. 2013
    Shampoo: Curl's Creamy Curl Cleanser or clarifying shampoo when needed.
    Co-wash: Curl's coconut curlada
    Deep Condition: Experimenting in the kitchen
    oil: flaxseed and coconut for treatments
    Styler: Tresemme conditioner, alone or mixed together with aloe vera gel
    Sealer: aloe vera juice
  • Curly SaraCurly Sara Posts: 183Registered Users
    scrills wrote: »
    I bantu knotted my hair and I LOVE the results. Any suggestions on how to get it to last longer. I am getting about 2 days, if I'm lucky.

I know part of the issue is that the product i use makes my hair slightly damp, so it's still damp when I take them down. I'm going to dry them better, but any other suggestions?

1374867_10151953538501678_190180962_n.jpg

Great results. Can you share the process from a to z with us? :)
    Hair type/properties:
    3c hair, high porosity, mediumdensity, low elasticity, fine hair.

Curly hair routine/regime:
    Combine the modified cg-method (low poo) and a modified tightly curly method.
    -Condition and leave in: Aubrey Organics, Giovanni Barzilian keratin and argan oil
    -Sealer: shea butter, Argan, olive and coconutoil
    -Gel: homemade flaxseed gel, Kinky curly custard, Queen Helene Curl royal shaping creme.
  • JydalJydal Posts: 178Registered Users
    What product are you using to hold?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file